Closed Thread
Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1333
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks lovely girls Fi , Jfb and Millie

I feel like I am wearing my sadness and grief like a very heavy cloak, sometimes I have the energy to shrug it off and get on with things and at other times the effort feels too much. I know you all get it and I do take comfort many others have been in this place before and survived it, albeit a little battle scarred I am always able to see that there is hope and most of us will get there in the end.....but bl00dy h3ll where is the end??? So I have been upping the self care, just got back from a massage and have been delegating more stuff to DH...who is cooking as I type!

Ms Millie, I REALLY hope we ALL graduate too! I am encouraged though by our dwindling numbers as SO many of our girls have gotten UTD in the last 12 months or so. But I will say girls it does suck to be among the last picked by the baby gods! Millie, I sooooooo want it to be your turn! (and then it can be mine next!) How's that lining coming along?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Starfish, we haven't left - we are all still watching and waiting with you, and hoping with fierce intensity that you can join us ever so soon with a healthy pregnancy leading to the baby we know you want so much. I know Christmas can be the most difficult time when you live with infertility (I have cried my way through more Christmases than I have celebrated over the past decade, as you know) and I am so sorry you are in this situation this festive season, but I KNOW this time will soon pass and you are most definitely not without hope - on the contrary, there are 3 wonderful (currently frozen! ) reasons to believe that you are at the tail end of your infertility journey. Just hang in there, lovely, that's all you have to do - hang in there, do the dummy cycle, get your lining and hormones right and take care of yourself, because I just know, know, know you will get there.

Millie, hey there Christmas grinch !! I think we will give you a pass on this Christmas because we all hope and pray you will have an amazing, joyous Christmas next year with a sweet little baby to spoil! Hope all is going well with this cycle

Slinky, I read about your BFN and I am so sorry - its so bloody unfair, and I know this makes your move to Japan very complex - I hope that your FS has answers to what is going on with your thyroid and hormones, and that you are able to have a wonderful Christmas with your family

AFM had some severe cramping over the weekend (very scary) but no bleeding thank goodness so am hoping it was just 'one of those things'. Have morphology scan on Friday everything is okay.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

slinkymalinki  (15-12-2011),Starf1sh  (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish I just wanted to jump in and give you these don't give up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - sending so many cyber hugs to you

I agree with you "bl00dy h3ll where is the end??? " It must be close - surely??? if there is any logic in this world. I feel so angry this is continuing to happen to you, its really beyond belief when you will make such a wonderful mum.

Glad you have been upping the self care and the holiday sounds great! I am hoping in the new year your next frozen bub sticks around for the long haul.

Thinking of you xox

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls,

Long time since I had the energy to read/post so I'm a bit out of date - sorry.

I've had the week from hell...

In short, I've been worried about Nathan and his language/overall development for ages now - finally got my head out of the sand and asked a few key friends (I work in health so have some good ones to ask). So he had a quick speech pathology assessment and turns out on testing, he has NO understanding of nouns and an extremely poor vocab. All this time I thought his vocab was going along famously cause he repeats exactly what anyone/everyone says (termed echolalia) but initiates very very little speech unless it's entrenched in his routine ie. bath time, brush teeth, dinner ready, sit down etc. He doesn't even know his name - I've asked him about a million times this week (and given him the answer just as many times). So the currently diagnosis is autism (and certainly NOT the high level variety) with a major speech problem. Other 'autistic' symptoms are obsessive behaviours, terrible socially and just general DD yet he has good eye contact most of the time and not socially withdrawn at least with adults?? My DH has been my rock in between my uncontrollable despair - he says he 'doesn't mind' - he just loves him for what he is and has this ability to live day by day? Me on the other hand, I'm wondering how the hell he's going to get an education, how he'll get a job and find love in his life - how he'll cope when we die etc etc... And the more immediate problem - how the hell he'll cope with the new arrival in Feb next year!!?????? He's impossible whenever I hold other babies - I can't calm him down at all and have to hand babies back and remove N from the situation entirely.

Sorry for the downer 'me' post..... sometimes in the wee small dark hours I'm thinking my 'infertility' was there for a reason... a horrible thought but it haunts me sometimes.

Good luck Millie with your christmas fET and hope T42 those cramps are indeed just 'one of those things' - let us know.... And gorgeous Starfish, you're doing all the right things to get that long awaited bub - have a good break over Christmas and next year is a new one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum4nay, I have just read the responses the graduates have written to your post and what I could offer feels inadequate in response. What I will say having worked with children with various health and emotional challenges during my career is I never cease to be amazed by how incredibly adaptive and resilient kids are (and the parents eventually too! ) There are some really wonderful early intervention programs out there and much to be offered to families in this day and age. Thinking of you and your DH as you navigate this new and unexpected challenge, and I truly believe there will space to celebrate your 2nd son when your hearts and minds have had some time to adjust.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying, I'm so sorry to hear about the scary cramps and I hope that all went well at your morph scan and was able to out your mind at ease

Millie,

Thanks everyone for your support while I've been We are all traveller's on this planet trying to make the best of what we have and I am amazed and inspired by the incredible strength and resilience I see here everyday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum4nay - I cannot imagine what a bombshell this is for you & Dh, especially at this time as you prepare for bub no.2's arrival. I hope you can get some more info to gain more understanding of the implications. I agree with starfish, there are some great early intervention services these days. Nathan is a gorgeous little boy who is lucky to have such a great mum. Look after yourself at this time and try not to think too far ahead (easier said than done!). Sending

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I've just landed in Brizzy for my DET tomorrow. I have an intralipid drip apt in the hosp today.

Mum4Nay - I'm so sorry to read your news. There are some brilliant early intervention programs, and I know Nathan will thrive. It's wonderful that you picked up on it so early. Hugs.

Starf1sh - how are the holiday plans going. Sooo jealous. Hope you are well.

T4T - I'm going to try and put up the tree when I get back from my DET. Better late than never

Much love to everyone here.

Millie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie all the luck in the world for your FET tomorrow, I will be thinking of you, sending lots of
    Please bring our Millie her christmas miracle