Closed Thread
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1333
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lazarus rising??!

Hi lovely ladies

Thanks to starfish, millie, swedeendie and pinkB for your beautiful messages

After feeling so resolved on Friday and it kind of being an easy decision with the thyroid issues and seemingly low egg haul, yesterday's scan threw the proverbial amongst the pigeons. It showed 5 follies - 2 definitely bigger than the others, but the other 3 well within striking distance of being large enough to contain a mature egg. Had a conversation with one of the nurses who was clearly of the view that going for another couple of days could get all 5 in the picture. My E2 was measuring 4300 ie quite nice and strong. FS is also now saying (via the nurses) that she's not concerned about my TSH levels because by the time of ET I would have been back on thyroxine for more than 2 weeks. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Now I don't know what to do. For now, I've continued puregon and pregnyl and will go in for another scan Monday morning. We'll then need to make the decision. When we decided on Thursday night to cancel the cycle, we also took into account our worries about the risk of abnormalities, given both our ages, and the enormous impact this would have on all our lives. This, as well as the fact we're going to live in Tokyo next August for my work. We basically agreed that if I did have another baby we probably wouldn't be able to go to Japan. These are things we should have thought about and decided on before proceeding with this cycle but the 'I want another baby' feelings have gotten in the way of being decisive. It was nice to have the decision sort of taken out of our hands by my body. But now seems it may not be the case!!!

Sorry for the long rant ladies and 'me post'. I know that only we can make this decision. But very helpful to just get some of this in black and white.

starfish - YAY for fertilisation and your lining Will eagerly await news of day 3 results. Getting very exciting for you

slinky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rant away Slinky, it is a woman's perogative to change her mind but there is also a very convincing case for reconsidering. Can I just say OMG the twists and turns of this IVF caper just make the mind boggle!!

I found myself nodding along with a lot of your post, the desire for a child is so strong that it can overshadow all else and I would guess many of us have been trying to juggle other opportunities (particularly career) or put them on the back burner while trying to start or complete our families. Whatever decision you and DH make will be the right one for your family

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

slinkymalinki  (14-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - I am always lurking from the sidelines and checking on your progress. to you and your DS. What a wonderful fert rate. Ahhhhhh things are looking so bright and very very very promising Sending you heaps of for your lining.

Luv & hugs
    Always

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Always Hope you, Zoe and DH are doing great!

Well the twists and turns they just keep a comin'! Turns out the 2 slow coaches have decided to join the party so we now have 7 out of 9 fertilised!! One of them has even caught up to the main pack while the other is still dragging it's heels at 3 cells... so on day 3 we have 6 good looking embies between 6 and 9 cells!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lining has not progressed over the weekend but remains stable so I am still beng encouraged to go ahead with the transfer due to the quality of the endo and my history of implanting 4 embies from 6 transfers. If we have a few embies at day 5 I think we will go ahead, if only 1 will wait for a better lining. Fingers crossed the one that goes back in has the goods to go all the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky - what a rollercoaster indeed!!! Your oestrogen level is fantastic, sounds v.positive, hope your scan went well today. Good luck with your decision.

Starfish More for your embryos. Hope they are powering on today and your lining is too ready for transfer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - our posts must have crossed paths ! Fantastic to hear you have 6 embryo's powering along thats wonderful news! Keeping everything crossed they power on til wednesday for transfer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    starfish - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! and YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! 6 embies is fantastic and yes, wow, what a great implantation rate you have. Things coming along beautifully for you What an absolute champ your sister is. From 6, surely there will be at least one cracker of an embie for transfer Thanks too for your wise and lovely words re my situation. You're so right about so many of us putting other aspects of life on hold while baby-making is underway. I can only imagine what you've had to endure during your journey - which is hopefully close to its end

thanks too pinkB for your support

So my scan today showed 5 nice-sized follies and oestrogen of 4800. The nurse seemed confident there may well be 5 mature eggs. Having come this far, and taking into account that this last cycle is my 'no regrets' insurance policy, we've decided to proceed. I did not want to look back and think 'if only we'd tried etc'. So have already triggered and EPU will be Wednesday morning. As I think I said before - que sera sera. If it works - wowee. If it doesn't, at least I will feel we did everything we could.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, I haven't been posting lately (computer problems) but I have been reading your posts and you have been much in my thoughts as you navigate this rollercoaster of a cycle. As you know I've been through a similar process a few times now in terms of deciding whether to stop or continue - its a difficult, emotionally draining process. For what it is worth, I think you've made the right decision here because its true to what you have said all along about this being your 'don't die wondering' cycle - and I always think that is a good way to judge a decision, i.e. is it consistent with what I've thought and felt throughout the process, and five follies is a very good number, worth the toll on you of an epu/transfer. All of us have paid an enormous price for our IVF journeys - I've turned down some great jobs over the past five years because I've felt IVF has been - at least - a part time job equivalent, and I simply didn't have the emotional resources or the time to commit to some of these career opportunities, and I really regret missing some of those opportunities, even though I know I couldn't have committed to them properly. And I also know the deep, overpowering hunger for another child, which has woken me in the middle of the night with weeping, and which has been in my thoughts for so long I can't quite imagine life without that constant aching need in the corner of my mind. All of that is rather a long way of saying I feel for you in this quandary, I hope this EPU is a success and that it gives you your third child - and if it doesn't, that you can move on with peace.

Starfish, So thrilled to hear you have six embies on the go! Am continuing to send growing healthy lining vibes to you I so want this one to to be the one that takes you off the IVF rollercoaster and into motherhood. Please, please, please universe, let it be Starfish's turn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - Great news on the embies. I think you will definitely have more than 1 come day 5

Slinky - Wishing you a hugely successful EPU, and a BFP in a few weeks

Good luck to everyone here. It is never easy is it??? But I truly hope, if effort counts for anything, we all get there soon.

Millie

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello gorgeous girls!

I am sorry I have been absent for so long, early October our gorgeous dog passed away after his short fight with cancer, it broke my heart. Thankfully he died at home so that was less stressful then being at the vets but no less of a loss.

I am feeling better now and have spent the last 2.5 months doing weekly acupuncture and Chinese medicine getting ready for a November cycle! I have a wonderful practitioner locally, she has my darling heart on zinc (plus all the other vits. I have him on) and has my cycle weeks all ready for what CM she will have me on, including a home visit to do acupuncture before and after transfer.

I saw my FS Dr Hale on Friday, so have collected my Gonal-F and now waiting day 1 which will come very end of November. I asked Dr Hale if we should look at giving up soon, I trust his professional judgement. I mean if I drop out there are 100 other ‘infertiles’ ready to take my place and spend so I trust him that he is not keeping us going for $$$ reasons.
    He feels we will get there and that based on the fact that I am even as far as BFP’s to BFN’s that we are going to get there, he said if I was all BFN’s after this time he would strongly recommend closing the proverbial door.

So I am feeling good and ready for this round, you know me… full of hope until I get kicked to the ground but hey we all need to believe we can get there.

I am sorry I have not kept up with who is doing what and I see a few new names here! Exciting!!!

But a quick shout out to Slinky, wow girl what a ride you have been on. May a surprise turnaround result in a surprise positive outcome!

Starfish goodness me go you! May your baby be one of these wonderful embies. What an angel your sister is.

Massive hello to Milligirl and all my other wonderful ‘oldies’ here.

xxx