Hi lovely ladies
Thanks to starfish, millie, swedeendie and pinkB for your beautiful messages
After feeling so resolved on Friday and it kind of being an easy decision with the thyroid issues and seemingly low egg haul, yesterday's scan threw the proverbial amongst the pigeons. It showed 5 follies - 2 definitely bigger than the others, but the other 3 well within striking distance of being large enough to contain a mature egg. Had a conversation with one of the nurses who was clearly of the view that going for another couple of days could get all 5 in the picture. My E2 was measuring 4300 ie quite nice and strong. FS is also now saying (via the nurses) that she's not concerned about my TSH levels because by the time of ET I would have been back on thyroxine for more than 2 weeks. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Now I don't know what to do. For now, I've continued puregon and pregnyl and will go in for another scan Monday morning. We'll then need to make the decision. When we decided on Thursday night to cancel the cycle, we also took into account our worries about the risk of abnormalities, given both our ages, and the enormous impact this would have on all our lives. This, as well as the fact we're going to live in Tokyo next August for my work. We basically agreed that if I did have another baby we probably wouldn't be able to go to Japan. These are things we should have thought about and decided on before proceeding with this cycle but the 'I want another baby' feelings have gotten in the way of being decisive. It was nice to have the decision sort of taken out of our hands by my body. But now seems it may not be the case!!!
Sorry for the long rant ladies and 'me post'. I know that only we can make this decision. But very helpful to just get some of this in black and white.
starfish - YAY for fertilisation and your lining Will eagerly await news of day 3 results. Getting very exciting for you