Closed Thread
Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1333
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Trying! Can I ask where did your lining start at when it was considered thin? FS has given me 2 choices, increase the dose of progynova (I was on 3 x day already and double it! ) or stop all meds, freeze embies and try a transfer later. FFS!!! I haven't come this far! So I have opted to continue, I have nothing to lose if it ends in a freeze anyway. My acupuncturist feels we have enough time to try and fatten it up and your story gives me hope I will try the milk but think I will just have to suck up the nausea/ upset tummy symptoms. Have also put myself on cartia

All it took today was 1 thing to go wrong and I feel completely back at square one with fear and anxiety and IVF PTSD! I spent the afternoon reading online and I'm now wondering if the thin lining could also be due to scar tissue from 2nd D&C...however that doesn't really explain the natural conception we had in June where the embie clearly didn't have any difficulty implanting If I remember correctly you also had some worries about this after your last D&C? Will have to read back...

Sis is heaps better today and her DS is on the mend too! One silver lining for the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starfish, I've gone back and checked what my DH calls my "OCD IVF Diary" and the FS didn't say what my lining was at Day 8 - just that it was too thin. I was on 2 Progynova a day after the removal of my scarring (oestrogen supplementation can prevent recurrance), and she bumped me up to 3 a day (which I stayed on until week 8 of my pregnancy) and I put myself on 2 cups of Raspberry Leaf tea per day (mixed with cranberry tea because it tastes awful!) and acupuncture. I made it to 8mm on Day 14, which she said was "adequate" for transfer.

It was the first time I have ever had a problem with lining, and it came straight after my D&Cs (I had 2 - one for missed miscarriage and a second two weeks later for retained placenta). My scarring was discovered when blood tests done around 4 weeks after my second D&C showed I should have menstruated but didn't - the scarring over the uterus prevented the blood flowing out (sorry if TMI). I had a hysteroscopy to remove the scarring and the FS "looked around" inside and could find no other scarring inside. I asked the FS if the thin lining was due to the scarring and she said 'not necessarily' - she said it could be the uterus is taking time to naturally build up the lining after the D&Cs, but that we didn't have time to wait because of my age (we were thinking of going straight to another fresh cycle if this frozen cycle failed). So anyway we did the FET and here I am, 13 weeks pregnant. I have a diagnosed luteal phase defect so I was on Crinone in the morning, pessaries at night and 20mg Provera from the day after ovulation. Have your periods been lighter since your D&Cs?

I'm SO pleased to hear your sister and her DS are feeling better. I totally understand your IVF PTSD - I actually had a panic attack outside the clinic before I went in for my transfer this time, I just became overwhelmed with memories and with fear of going through BFNs or miscarriage again. I guess I am proof that being stressed/anxious at the time of transfer doesn't affect implantation!

Hang in there lovely, respect your feelings and your fears but have the courage to look beyond them - it will all be worth it to feel that baby move inside you, and to cradle it in your arms

Thanks
    Reviews
    just be careful with the raspberry leaf tea. Once pregnant as it causes contractions ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying, thank you very much for taking the time to rewrite your story and sharing this info. No periods have been pretty much the same...hopefully that's good news. I greatly appreciated your beautiful words and your support. It means alot coming from you, I know you've been there sista! Just trying to take some deep breaths and take each day as it comes...

Sending some lovely belly rubs your way!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 01-11-2011 at 06:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - Oh honey, I hope your lining fattens up in time... so great you've got T42 as a guiding light - Just take EVERYTHING that could help, as you said you've got nothing to lose and if worse comes to worse and you have to delay and do frozen cycles, they are pretty successful too. I was told that alot of FS's believe they are just as successful as fresh transfers given that with fresh they always transfer the best one... so the 'best' one will wait for you.
    Glad your sis recovered from gastro - how awful combined with IVF for the first time!!

Millie - how was the scan? Are you on track for the transfer

Anyanka - the lurker..... have you had FS appointment yet? I'll spill the beans to everyone that you're doing a FET hopefully in Dec for a 2nd little miracle - with a 100% success rate no less

AFM - DS was fine at day care - it was me that was a mess! He's just good company nowadays and I had to remember WHY I was doing this in the first place
    Also went for optional obs appointment last week and had a registrar that had a strong interest in fertility and was more interested in my IVF experiences than my current pregnancy... She was stunned to hear my AMH is undectable, my age and now 2nd child coming - was SO lovely to be reminded of this miracle from someone that really does know and I hope my story can give hope to others...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, should have mentioned, as Anyanka points out, Raspberry Leaf Tea can be linked to contractions. Some naturopaths don't agree with this, and say it can be taken safely throughout pregnancy - it is usually prescribed in the third trimester to tone the uterus in advance of labour. My naturopath is very cautious, and had me drink the tea from the beginning of the cycle up to the day before transfer, and then stop it. I discussed taking it with my FS who is VERY skeptical about anything non-medical - she doesn't believe in acupuncture or herbs etc, but insisted I told her everything to make sure it didn't interfere with any of the medications she prescribed. She was comfortable with my drinking the Raspberry Leaf tea up until the day before transfer - her view was that it couldn't cause any harm (I don't think she thought it helped either - but I was happy enough with her view that it couldn't hurt!). PS Periods normal after a D&C is a positive signal that your lining hasn't been affected by scarring - not conclusive, only a hysteroscopy is conclusive, I guess - but a positive sign. Looks like its the OCP and the D&Cs that are the more likely suspects??? Sending you more, positive, lining thickening vibes

Mum4Nay, so glad to hear your DS had a good first day in care - not so glad to hear how upset you were . I know it is hard, but it will be so very good for him - and you will be so grateful you stuck it out when your new little bundle arrives! Not long now!

Anyanka, Good luck with your forthcoming FET - hope the BFP comes as quickly to you as it sounds like the first one did

Millie, hope all is going well with you

AFM, took a big step tonight and set up my ticker - very anxious about it as I had just set mine up last time when I had to take it down after losing the baby - it was one of the really devastating experiences of that awful time, like unsubscribing from the weekly pregnancy email - but I think I have to be positive about the pregnancy and went ahead and set it up. Baby steps, I guess ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    T42 - I'm glad you set up your ticker. We are here willing your bub to thrive

Mum4 - I can't believe how quickly time is passing. Only 14 weeks to go!

Starf1sh - Don't you hate how FS's say 'Oh well you should try donor eggs. Then you will get pregnant straight away'. They forget to tell you about all the little things that need to go right to make it happen (lining, hormone levels, good quality embies, sucessful ED cycle etc) I really hope everything comes together for a very successful transfer

Thanks for asking about my scan Mum.

Speaking of things needing to line up, I had a scan on Day 2 and lining was 6mm. FS Wazza likes 4mm (even though he told my friend he looks for 6mm), so I'm having another scan tomorrow to see if it is there yet (I have a 7 day AF so thought day 2 was too early for my lining to have shed). Fingers crossed. I'm also having bloods tested on Thursday. Waiting, waiting, it's what we do...

Millie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you both starfish and Millie for your cycles

Starfish sorry to hear ur having these extra hurdles to overcome,I hope things improve

Hi to all, a week after our move no phone or Internet yet but thinking of u all xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum4Nay. The ouster. lol.

Yes I lurk quite alot on here reading and reading. Its not often I post but I had to when I saw the mention of raspberry leaf tea. Just wanted others to know don't take it when pregnant unless your overdue.

Also not long now till you meet your new little one.

And Pinkbutterfly not long now for you either. Do you know what your having or is it a surprise??

Tryingfortwo - stick little one stick...your mumma wants you so bad.

AFM - Appointment booked with Dr sacks 7th of December..OH $HIT thats only just over a month away!!! wow that creeps up. Flip flip flip Is it that time again. I thought i had a bit more time to setting into mother hood, crap do I really want to go again this early. But I don't have time on my side Im 38yrs old and NEED to go again before that magic 40 hits.

Im having an appointment with Dr sacks to see what we have do for the FET I want to have in February 2012. I know about tracking periods and stuff to start a long down reg. Thats what I did to get my DD but I have NO idea about FET's. Best ask early and find out the protocol.

and a big fat LOL PMSL AND ROFLMAO to MUM4Nay. Im glad your so bloody positive. So is DH as there isn't an issue with me...but FET's aren't as successful as fresh I have done the research. And I will believe it when it happens. It would be good to happen though. No more IVF and family complete.

Oh then it would be bad because so many on here are still going for no1. Crapola.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Just a quick update from me. My DET has been cancelled this month because my lining isn't thin enough before starting. We did a BT and there is still some eostrogen meds in my system from my last FET/MC I'm on the pill for this month and we will try again when I have a bleed. A DET a week from Christmas wasn't something I wanted to do, but that's all the time we have left this year. to you all.

Millie