Closed Thread
Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1333
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey PinkB - glad ur getting closer to some answers about bubs kidney, hope it's less worrying and your m/s ease up somewhat - wishing u all the best and everyone us still praying for you and bubs to be growing healthy right up til u get to meet him/her and finally hold your little miracle in your arms

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (24-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB - I'm so glad things are looking a little better. I honestly think it is hard to tell initially and so the info is unsettling and vague. But I believe the news will be better each time you do a check and I'm waiting to celebrate the birth of a healthy bub with a 'mild, curable' problem

Trying -It must be so hard going through your waiting game. I totally understand how you feel, and don't know how you manage it day by day. But your bub seems to be a really tough battler, and I'm just hoping with all my heart it thrives and you get to hold it in less than 7mths

Starf1sh - It must be getting close for you. I really believe the wait will be worth it

mum4 - Are you settled into your lovely new nest now?? You've had an eventful few months

Melk - Your daughter is growing so quickly. I get inspiration from your story every day

Crofty - Welcome. It's really supportive around here

'Hi' to Slinky and anyone else I have missed.

AFM - My contract is due to end soon, and whilst the project have asked to keep me for another few months due to more work, it hasn't been approved yet, and I have my DET next month. So I'm looking for another contract at the same time. It's hard, but I don't want to be out of work near Christmas after another expensive IVF procedure. Many of you know how expensive this stuff can be, and I have to fly interstate for my transfers. A few possibilities are popping up, and now my question is 'If I get a new role, how do I let them know I need 2 days off in mid Nov when I don't know the exact dates?' I want to make sure it is agreed before I take any proposed new contract. I don't get paid for days off anyway, but sometimes when you start they want you to get stuck into things straight away.

Have a lovely Friday. It's almost the weekend. Yay

Millie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (24-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie, arrgh, the work and IVF dilemma! I am also in a fairly new role and have been giving some thought about how to manage the days off (and I will need a couple with sis travelling to Sydney to stay with me for final days before EPU etc) and I have no intention to disclosing my situation to my new employer. So far I have told my boss I am having a day surgery procedure in mid November and am yet to get an exact theatre date. So far no questions asked and I have tried to minimise work obligations over that likely week as far as possible with boss' support... I'm hoping by the first week of stims I will have a pretty good idea what EPU date will be. I guess in your case it depends on how your lining is looking as to when transfer will occur? Good luck with your current contract and I hope it all works out perfectly, it's definitely an added stress we don't need!

Trying, hope you are doing well, when is your NT scan hon?

Spot, you have been popping up in my thoughts a lot lately, hope to hear from you soon

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend, it was gorgeous and sunshiney here in Sydney

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish – Thanks for your support. Yes, we will book our scans on the days the fetal med Dr is working to ensure consistency (and he is such a good communicator I’d hate to swap!!) I am living on Zofran at the moment – its amazing stuff!! It’s all coming around so soon now for you, I am sending in plentiful supply in preparation.

Milliegirl – Thanks for your encouraging words, I hope so! I hope you can sort out your work contracts, as Starfish says it’s an added hassle organising time off in a new job.

Crofty – Thanks! Are you having your transfers soon??, i recall you got a great number of embryo’s!

T42 – good luck for your scan

Hope everyone else is well, v.hot day here in Sydney!

AFM – might be offline for a few days while we do the big move this week but i will be thinking of you all and checking up on DH’s iphone! Had my 20yr school re-union on Saturday which was great – powered by Zofran I had a very late one!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone,

Millie - I agree with Starfish - tell them you're having a procedure and they wouldn't dare ask - if they do then just say it's personal. At least you're being up front about it - you could just call in sick. And of course you must work and pay those IVF bills!! Good luck

T42 - good luck Friday, will think of you....

Starfish - so how's your new job going? Hopefully you're all settled in and relaxed so NOTHING will get in the way of your upcoming cycle - very exciting

PinkB - good luck with the move this week - We're doing the same in 2 weeks... DS starts day care next monday in our new area - don't know what I'm going to do with myself without him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad the kidney prob doesn't sound too bad.. enjoy that kicking/prodding in the meantime

to everyone else too.... ?and what has happened to Spot... hope you're ok out there ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Thanks for your comments regarding my work dilemma. As it turns out, I went to an interview for the new role and thought it wasn't right for me, so told the agent. He came back and said the employer was very interested and had nothing but positive feedback about me. It didn't change my gut feel so I turned down the role. The next day it was confirmed my contract wasn't being renewed/extended as funding hadn't been approved So I finish up at the end of the week. How funny. At least I don't have to worry about taking off time for the interstate DET now. I'll just make sure any new role doesn't start until the 4th week in November I'll be broke but less stressed this cycle one way or another. Well worth the effort I'm sure

Starf1sh -I'm the same as you. I just can't tell my employers the 'truth' about my necessary days off. I know some managers are wonderful, but I just think it does effect the relationship in many cases. I'm really looking forward to your cycle with your sister. It is getting so close

PinkB - Good luck with your move. I'm sure everything is going to fall into place for you once you are settled in (including with bub). Christmas will be wonderful and is a time of miracles and great joy

Mum4 - I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy is passing. The birthdate is really close to my brothers (11/2). He's a beautiful, Alpha Male who is a deep thinker, and is much loved by our family. I'm sure your bub will be a beautiful soul too.

Hi to Crofty, T42, Spot and everyone else here

Millie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pink, Good luck with the move, let DH do all the heavy lifting! Glad you had a lovely time at your reunion xx

Mum4nay, all the best with the packing and with Nay starting preschool, I'm sure he'll love it. I imagine you will find things to occupy your time with and if not enjoy the last few quiet moments before bubba no. 2 arrives! I'm really enjoying my job, thanks for asking! Been there 3 months already! I'm also doing some casual academic work supervising uni students on placement and doing some marking. Not enjoying that so much, they need so much hand holding and organising...aaahhhh Gen Y!

Millie, I'm sure with your skills the right opportunity will present itself, but the timing must have made your heart seize for a moment! I hope the break in between jobs is fortuitous and the stress reduction will pay huge dividends Are you just awaiting AF now?
    Trying, I read your amazing news on the Brissie thread! Huge congrats honey!
    AFM, sis got her AF yesterday and starts jabbing tomorrow! I had really put this to the back of mind, but now the reality of what we are about to do has come crashing in and I'm feeling lots of mixed emotions All good vibes gratefully accepted for sis having a smooth stim journey and lots of gorgeous eggies for us!

Have a lovely weekend all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - What a massive cycle this is for you and your family. I know exactly how it feels to use an egg donor, and think it is wonderful when a family member can help you. I'm really wishing you enough wonderful golden eggs to give you your complete cycle I hope your sister has an easy,and highly successful donor cycle with great health. Good luck

Pink - I hope your luck is turning for you both. It is so tough when we are trying to conceive, and keep our financial heads above water

Mum - You sound really busy. Nay will love pre-school within a few days

AFM - AF arrived yesterday. I'm due to have a day 2 scan, but can't on a Sunday so it's booked for first thing Monday morning. Nothing like dildo cam to wake you up in the morning I hope this scan goes well. Wazza is very particular about lining thickness (thinness) on day 2. One more hurdle to clear and I can start rattling with pills

Millie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies, big sorry *** me post coming up...
    Have just been for my 1st lining scan after being on progynova for about 10 days. Once again the lining is thin, around 4mm. I am devastated, this is EXACTLY what happened last time I was on the OCP and I am convinced it is related. Have never had lining probs on any other cycle. Poor sis also has gastro (as does her DS) which has been an added stress for both of us. I just feel like we cannot catch a break

I don't know if it will help but feel I have to do something, so I'm increasing my acupuncture appointments and getting back on the TCM herbs. We do still have about 2 weeks till transfer but I'm sooooo worried that I will end up having to freeze whatever embies we get and after all the effort I REALLY want a fresh transfer. Waiting to hear what FS says, possibly increasing progynova dose which is already giving me a very upset stomach

Millie, I'm really hoping you get MUCH better news than me today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, I'm so sorry - I was really hoping for an easy run for you this cycle - its so bloody unfair. Not sure what dose you are on but with this last cycle (the one I conceived my current pregnancy), when I also had a thin lining, FS put me up from 2 to 3 Progynova a day. I also drank Raspberry Leaf Tea and did acupuncture, and for the second scan I had reached 8mm (my FS's definition of "adequate" lining). Also have you tried taking the Progynova with milk? I am lactose intolerant and took it with rice milk - I found that stopped the stomach irritation issues. Hope your sister is feeling better soon, and sending your lining good growing vibes