Closed Thread
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Melk Awesome news in the little Heartbeat, you go girl youve hit the jackpot ENJOY!!!!!!!

Starfish, I have used Saizon which all the FS are sprouting as the new wonder drug since Oct Last year (more than half my Cycles) & to be honest it has cost me a fortune ($200 per inj & you need between 7 & 10 each time) & as yet I still dont have my Bun. Some Ladies it makes all the difference so its worth giving it a go.

I also have been on DHEA since about the same time, used pred with one cycle where I had the best quality emby transferred, I just think any shake up in protocols is a good thing. We are our greatest advocates, at the end of the day they go home to their families & dont spend another thought on us till next time & we go home to ours & critique every aspect of our TTC journey, so we need our voices to be heard, if you want something push until they agree, we dont have a never ending pot of $ and we are running on emotions all the time, hang in Missy it will happen its just painfully slow getting there Take Care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrMummy..........I hope xmas is early for you this year......GREAT news on those to pink lines....all the best for the BT on monday..........grow little one grow......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me as I just had ET from frozen cycle one embie 5 day blasto and other 5 cell starting to divide. Lining not good though only around 8.8 Fs not happy.
    So officially pupo, will catch up on personals later, going to have a nap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sabah - Congrats on being PUPO - sending heaps of and snuggle in little ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sabah - congrats on having 2 little ones on board. for your lining and for your embys to do their thing perfectly

Melk - I'm so thrilled for you and DH. You've had such a tortuous journey to get to this point but what a wonderful Christmas pressie

MustRP -

Starfish and Pearl - I think the prednisolone and aspirin in the Colorado protocol has helped me a lot this cycle. Last ET I had a lot of cramping starting from the day of transfer which is not a good thing. This time I felt nothing until around 9 dpo. Also after no egg recovered last cycle, I researched aspirin a little bit more and found evidence that it can negatively impact on luteinisation. So this time I stopped taking it 3 days before trigger and started again the day after EPU. After the last failed cycle I dropped my DHEA down from 50 mg to 25 mg until my period arrived (don't know why, it just felt right to do) and then I upped it to 75 mg for 5 weeks while on the pill and then dropped it back to 50 mg while stimming. I think being on the pill for an extended time (purely because we had to wait for the refund from the previous cycle before we could start again) helped too. I wish I could say that any of this was guaranteed to help but all I can say is it helped us to get 2 healthy embryos and evidence of implantation. Time will tell if it helped to get us any further than that.

Saizen is part of our next plan of attack if this cycle goes wrong but I would opt for the 4 dose pre-cycle rather than 6 dose early cycle protocol. A recent study from Perth showed that the 4 dose protocol was marginally better. However whilst growth hormone gives better egg quantity & quality, it doesn't improve miscarriage rates for us older chickies. So it is best used in combination with DHEA for maximal benefit.

AFM - just incubating and waiting for Monday. Thank you everyone for your kind wishes. It means so much to us.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sabah, YAY PUPO!! Great to hear you got there AND with 2, awesome!! Have been meaning to ask you for a while if your username is connected to Sabah, Borneo??? (Has a special place in my heart...)

DrMummy, Ok turning myself into a pretzel for GREAT numbers for you tomorrow

Pearl, thanks for adding your experience in Just curious why you only used pred with one cycle?

Big and to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks DR Mummy, I am seeing FS tmrw and will chat about the colorado with pred & aspirin, & using the saizon before stimming.

I am desperate so prepared to do anything. Can you do this as part of a long down reg? do you know?

Starfish, my various FS have no idea I am sure how to help me get preggers, so they all do something different. This last cycle where I go one egg without a shell was basically what I did when I first started IVF but with saizon thrown in, and sh!t results. Very frustrating when I have done so many cycles with this clinic and they go back to basic stuff, surely they can see as yet I am not pregnant so they need to rethink.

Anyhow I am going in armed with this and there was a study that showed that poor responders respond better if they have had a testosterone primer with 12.5mg patches before stimming so I gave her the details last time we were planning & she was meant to do some research to get things organized, huh we'll see if she has done anything, tmrw is day 21 & I dont want to waste another month waiting around.

Thanks for your info ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pearl, here is the link for the Perth GH study:
    http://www.sciencedirect.com.ezproxy.../sdarticle.pdf

The link is very long because the paper is only available to registered users so the permission is included in the address. I hope the link works for you otherwise I can email the .pdf to you. Both the pre-cycle and early cycle GH protocols are adaptable to any type of cycle but best with a long down-reg simply because the timing is more accurate, especially for those of us with unpredictable cycles.

Good luck for tomorrow and I hope your FS can come up with a plan that works for you

Starfish - thank you so much and the mental image is hysterical The above paper might be helpful for you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.S. Pearl, the testosterone patches do the same thing as DHEA, i.e. increase the testosterone (also referred to as androgen) levels in the ovaries. I'd err on the side of DHEA rather than the patches because there is more clinical data re: success and (more importantly) safety using DHEA than for testosterone. But definitely don't use them together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dr Mummy, thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately I cant open the link would you mind emailing it to me, I will send you a PM with details.

Thanks
    X