Closed Thread
Page 106 of 134 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1333
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI girls,

Slinky - good luck with the natural FET...

Trying - sorry about the horror AF - but hopefully it's good news that you have a healthy environment there again ready for you long awaited bubba. Hope this month is a goer for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    SLINKY - Good luck for your natural FET ill be cheering you on!

TRYING - This is your month it has to be the one for you everything crossed!

AFM

Well after an awesome scan i can finally relax bub is measuring to the day and for my age I am low risk of downs 1:1101 which at 41 years of age we are over the moon about

now to tell everyone - wish my parents would get off the phone. Its a bit surreal its actually looking like its going to happen after all this time.

Weve told Jessy first I wanted her to be the first to be told to pay her that respect. shes so funny she wants to know when they are going to be ready and she said I better grow a brother!

Gardenia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Gardenia, fabulous news!

Slinky, great to hear from you lovely! So glad to hear AF has arrived and your FET is underway! Love a natural FET, always feels better to have as little chemicals involved as possible. Just curious are you still going to do prog support? Keep us posted hun

Trying, I'm sorry you are having such a horrible AF But sounds like this is a good sign that all is functioning perfectly in there! Good luck for your scan and hope you will be sharing the 2WW with Slinky!

Pink and Mum4nay, hope those wonderful 2nd trimester benefits are kicking in?? I'm sure you're both glowing anyway!

DrM, love to hear an update from you (and perhaps a birth story?) when you have time. Hope all is going fantastically with your little man

Hiero, how did DP's appt go? And how are things with you mate?

Big to all the other 35+ chicks who have been AWOL for a while!!! Come back soon!

AFM, hmmm, well I'll be honest I'm not doing great. I got a copy this week of ALL our notes from our time with Dr S, including all the letters he has written to our GP and it just made me 1. feel sad for us for all we have been through and 2. feel like complete reproductive disasters! I can literally read the positivity seeping out in the tone of his letters with each cycle
    He is pretty clear that he thinks DOR/egg quality is the root of our problems but I can't help but think no-one was especially worried about this 12 months ago when my AMH was 10+ and so why the hell didn't it work then?? Also WHY have we had 2 natural conceptions in 6 months?? Hmm the universe works in mysterious ways I guess but I really think in some ways we are an enigma to the ART profession!

In my more lucid moments I think all of my current upset and confusion is all part of the process of grieving the loss of my own eggs but I do feel in my heart that ED is the right way to go Will get to work on regaining my positive mojo next week

Have a good rest of the week ladies
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 11-08-2011 at 19:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Starfish I can understand how frustrated you are and hope you can regain your positivity soon. Fertility, whether via natural or ART means, is purely a numbers game and we can only play with the cards we are dealt. You have a great hand in play with your sister as the trump card and I really hope that the odds are now fully stacked in your favour. DH is so beautiful with Eric and we both see him as something that was achieved from a long and painful journey that we took together every step of the way, regardless of his genetics. He is OUR child.

Gardenia and PinkB - big congrats on passing the big 12 week milestone with flying colours. Enjoy sharing your wonderful news with everyone.

Trying42 - hopefully your FS is right and the heavy AF is indicating everything is on track for a successful FET.

Millie - so sorry you have to wait another month but better to wait and get it right. I hope the extra time passes quickly for you.

Big hellos to everyone else and thank you so very much for your lovely words. We're both well but has not been an easy start for our darling little boy.

Eric's entry into the big bad world started on Tuesday (2/8/11) morning when I started cramping at 6.30am and then 2 hours later had recognisable contractions. I managed to sleep until 11am without any painkillers in preparation for a long day ahead. DH finished work at 12.30pm after starting work at 4.30 am so he grabbed some shut-eye for an hour while I tried to remember all the last minute things that I needed to pack in my hospital bag and answered a couple of work emails. I had an Ob appointment at 4.30 pm and antenatal monitoring before that, both at the hospital, and had my first painful (i.e. more than period pain) contraction just as we were walking out the door at 3pm. On the monitor we could see my contractions were still 15 minutes apart and I was able to breath through them easily. Then in the Ob's waiting room I had my first very challenging contraction that I had to get out of the chair and kneel down with my arms resting on the chair to get through. Luckily he had a beautiful print of a Picasso painting of a women breast-feeding a baby that I could focus on to get through it. By the time I got into the Ob's room my contractions were much closer together and I was 3 cm dilated. Our Ob thought I still had quite a while to go and organised me to be admitted then left to drop his wife home before returning to rupture the membrane. However everything happened much faster than he anticipated and I was only in the labour ward ~30 mins before I was in what felt like one big constant contraction as I couldn't tell when one finished and the next started. I still hadn't had any pain relief and it was all happening way to fast for me to adjust. I was connected to a monitor which quickly showed the baby was not coping and suddenly the room was filled with people while my Ob was stuck in traffic. The on-call Ob registrar was called to connect a scalp probe to bubby while I regained some control by OD'ing on the gas. It quickly confirmed what the external monitor was saying but what was more concerning to the Ob was that he could feel that I was fully dilated and bubby was ready to come. I'd gone from 3 cm to 10 cm in ~45 mins!!! At that point my Ob arrived and they decided to get me into theatre for an epidural so they had the option of forceps or cesarean, depending on what bubby's heart rate did. The trip to theatre without gas was very quick and to be honest I don't remember much of it. When they connected bubs probe to the monitor again, he was still in distress but then stabilised. So they changed from telling me I needed an immediate general anesthetic and CS to saying an epidural will be fine and then we can decide whether to continue with a vaginal delivery. By that stage for some reason I felt extremely calm and relaxed, and just kept sucking on the gas, but not with the same urgency. It took a while to do the epidural and the whole time they were checking bubs who was doing well but still showing signs of distress. So DH came into theatre in his scrubs and my Ob advised me that we needed to get bubby out ASAP. So via CS it was. It all happened just so quickly it was a blur.

Eric was born at 7.10 pm weighing 3.38 kg and was perfect in every way. My breasts did not cooperate and my colostrum was very slow to appear. When the paediatrician visited at midday the next day, Eric had still not passed any urine and was shaking. She had him tested for blood sugar levels and he had become hypoglycemic. The midwife gave him formula to correct his blood sugar but the follow up test showed it had dropped even lower so Eric was whisked off to the special care nursery. He was on a dextrose drip until his levels recovered and then reintroduced gradually onto formula. I had quite a battle with them to let me breast-feed him also and it was an horrendous 48 hours of going down 3 levels in the hospital every 3 hours to feed him. A lot of painful walking and very little sleep!! After he came off the drip, his levels dropped again but still within normal range so he had to stay there until they stabilised. He was returned to my room on Friday evening and we were finally able to get to know each other.

We came home on Sunday morning and he is still receiving formula in addition to breast milk which is double the work every feeding time. But DH has been able to feed Eric with the bottle which has been really good for them. My pelvis is very unstable and I was unable to walk yesterday without a stick so DH has been doing everything except the breast feeding the last couple of days. I had a physio appointment today so the combination of strapping and drugs is finally doing the trick.

I still cannot believe how lucky we are to have our little miracle. I'll try to upload some photos tomorrow.

to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Dr Mummy, what a birth story! Thanks so much for posting it as it really helps us understand how things sometimes happen when you go into labour. You have done an amazing job to get through it all and still pursue breast feeding. Good for you. Eric has two wonderful parents.

Starf1sh - I know how you feel as I have 'unspecified' infertility too and produce lots of lovely blasts but no viable BFPs. It's really hard to get your head around it, and I do think the ART industry isn't up to really understanding infertility. They understand the mechanics of making an embryo and transferring it, but not a lot of the issues around implantation and our egg quality etc. I really hope your dream comes true soon

How are our UTD girls going? Pink, Mum4nay etc

Gardenia - Your scan sounds perfect. Enjoy spreading the news (I'm hearing Frank Sinatra now)

Trying - Are you feeling better? You must be a little drained. Make sure you are being good to yourself and slowing down a bit. You have to prepare for your BFP which is around the corner

Slinky - I'm glad you are having a natural FET. I remember having those. Stick baby stick

AFM - I found out on Monday that Dr Warren my FS had to go in for back surgery and will be out of action for at least 2 months. So here I am on the pill gearing up for my FET with no FS I did some research and managed to move across to Dr David Molloy. He insists on interstate patients flying up for the day 12 scan (we are all made of money of course and a local scan sent up isn't acceptable to David), so I have agreed as he has come recommended and I don't want to risk an 'unknown'. It's been a stressful week and taken 4 days to sort out. I was worried I'd miss my next chance if it got dragged out. Fortunately David has agreed to follow Wazza's protocol which is a relief because I've bought all the drugs and started the pill etc. Flying up for the scan means I lose a days pay as I'm a contractor and also means 2 return flights and possible overnight accommodation, but after drawing out of the mortgage for the embies, what's another $1000? The industry has no idea what we go through to make our families. I'm really happy to have an FS lined up though

Millie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (14-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to meet up with u again mum4nay. I had a great time!!

Anyanka

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls,

Anyanka - Thanks to you too, always good to meet in person

Millie - how stressful for you but well done getting another recommended FS to do the deed in Wazza's absence... Don't worry too much about the cash - you'll save lots when you are trapped inside with a young bub to feed 24/7 soon enough

Gardenia - a huge congrats to you!! Hope Jess gets her boy baby but I guess that's out of your hands now - will you find out the sex? Are you otherwise well? I bet your parents were over the moon for ya

Starfish - Oh my love, look forward not backwards. Surely noone needs to be reminded of all the turmoil that you (and others) have gone through to get their bubs. Your chances with you sis are really really good, so focus on that
    And no, I don't think I'm glowing at all - too old for that but feeling good and eating like a horse presently... better keep that in check cause I don't want any extra weight to lug around

DrM - thanks SO much for sharing your story with us. My goodness it sounded so incredibly fast for a first pregnancy - well done for surviving!! BTW - I think it's lovely that DH's get a chance to help with feeding initially, it's wonderful bonding - we did the same. Hope your creaky pelvis settles soon with the strapping - not fun!??

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mum4nay For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (14-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum4 nay you could eat heaps and still be ok hello your no heavy weight. And as for that glow you do so have it :-p I can vouch for it

Anyanka

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrM, gosh you never can predict how your bubba will come into the world! Thanks so much for sharing Eric's birth story with us, you have been in my thoughts a lot lately. I'm so relieved that both you and Eric have come safely out the other side after a rocky start and that the bonding process has began so beautifully for the 3 of you as a family I also say a little prayer to the universe for T2 at this time

Your words of wisdom were also a great comfort to me, the numbers game indeed! so thank you for that

Mum4nay, I guess the therapist in me feels I do need to look back a little and make some sense of what's gone before in order to be able to fully embrace what will come Has Nay made any requests for team or ?

Millie, My DH is in complete agreement with you and often comes away from our FS appts saying that there is much speculation in this field and few definitive answers. My struggle is to come to terms with the idea that I'm not going to get an answer to all the things that don't fit in the box neatly like consistently getting blasts etc. Hopefully the answer for us both is through ED
    OMG my head spins just reading all the logistics of getting your cycle happening, across states, different FS' etc etc It must mean that your transfer will go smoothly and be super sticky!
    Have a lovely weekend all. Doing city2surf with my sis, hope the rain holds off!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

drmummy  (14-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.S DrM, can't wait to see some photos!!!