+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Help - Maternity wedding dress dilema!!!

Hi There ladies,

I am hoping some one can help me... I've spent hours searching online, feel absolutely beaten and ready to walk down the aisle in my underwear.

I'm getting married on the 22nd January, and I'll be 32 weeks pregnant and I need a dress. It's just a intimate wedding with 8 guests on the beach, but I would still like to look the part of the glowing blushing bride, I just can't find a dress I like within Budget ($300 - $500) or that I won't look ridiculous in. I'm fairly small used to be a 6 - 8, but probably about a 10 ish now... the thing is I feel frumpy and chubby around the neck, face and arms. I was ideally looking for a grecian/togaish style dress to go with the theme...
    Has anybody been in this position, what did you do? or does anyone know of a reasonbly priced dressmaker? None of the stores in brisbane seem to have anything suitable to even try on. I have found 1 or 2 dress's online that passable, but I don't love and hesitant to buy them incase they just look stupid on.

Any help, idea's advice would be hugely appreciated!!! Everything else for the wedding is done and organised this is the last thing I need to do and it's driving me crazy!!

Thank you for any help in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw a beautiful dress the other day at Portmans in Cream. $80 I think. Long dress, gathers under the boobs, really flattering. Was trying to figure out how to discribe it but have found it on their website:

http://www.portmans.com.au/asp/wardr...20Maxi%20Dress

Hope this helps!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    have you tried looking at dresses that arent wedding dresses. i know the label wedding attached to anything attracts more dollars

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i got married sept this year at 34wks preg. pm me your email addy and ill send you a pic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hey hun, i just did some googling and i found this website!! its actually got the name of the wedding dress u want (i have no idea about weddings as i've never had one)

http://www.sweetlillymaternity.com.a...l-wear-66.aspx

there are some other beautiful ones too and they are around the $400 mark they are really nice!!! good luck monnie xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was meant to be a pregnant bride....unfortunately we lost the baby but I still had a tummy to cover. I bought mine off the rack at chadstone in Victoria. It was 3 years ago so I completely forget the name of the shop but more than happy to find out. I'll post a pic to see if that's something you'd like. It was around the $600 mark. I'll be back later tonight with pic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have a fantastic dressmaker on northside brisbane - she is great and not exxy at all. PM me and i will give you her number.
    she did my wedding dress buslte ( it was huge) and the hem alterations for 100 flat ( i was hoping for under 300).
    I recommend her to everyone, she is at kallangur.

MissSteph is offline Proud young mother to 2 beautiful children
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Try eBay.. Seriously, they have AMAZING dresses!!! They have pages of wedding dresses (maternity gowns too). Yes most come from China, but who cares! It will be in your budget (more than likely under $200 with postage). You'll notice the dresses cost under $100 and the postage is a little over $100. SO worth it!!! I know plenty of people who have gotten their dresses on eBay (including bridesmaids) and have been really really pleased

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds ridiculous, but I was in ValleyGirl in brisbane (Queen St mall) the other day and they had about 4 dresses that I'd wear as a wedding dress (i like simple but stunning). They also have a LOT of flowy things. Maybe worth a look?

Thanks
    Reviews
    lots of shops have lovely bridesmaids dresses you can have in white that would be perfect. not sure you wouuld have time to order though. also there is a shop at mt ommaney that has some lovely dresses suitable as a wedding dress for under $300. i would of worn one myself but they make me look pregnant when im not im just fat