+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Red face Ok this is a little embaressing..

Now i have you attention...
    Bare with me i know it may sound silly but im a little clueless when it comes to this.

I brought my breast pump yesterday.... curiosty kicked in... first i HAD to put it all together....
    Then i kinda had to see how it worked... lol

I squeezed the pump maybe 3 times to feel the suction.
    But a little yellow/white/creamy liquid started to come out, and i mean a tiny amount cause i saw it freaked out and stopped...
    I know your thinking well what did you expect to happen? lol

So my stupid question is..
    Does this mean that my milk is there readyish to go and i have a high possibility to be able to breastfeed?

Im asking cause ive heard some people milk dosnt come in till after bub, or that some people just cant breastfeed. so i just wanna see if this has given me the

I apologise in advance lol this is my first bub so obviously never breastfed / had anything much to do with it before

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That would be colostrum not actual milk, and unfortunately is no indicated of whether or not you'll be able to breastfeed. Sorry to burst your bubble

In saying that, most women don't get milk come in until they're about 3 days PP so keep that in mind. You'll know the difference when it comes in. It is normal for bubs to lose a little weight in hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Wow...out of 5 pregnancies I have never had a drop of milk/colustrum before they were born - and I have fed all of them for up tp 2 years each

I don't think it has any bearing on your breastfeeding sucess but it has to be a good thing right?? Just remember that the great majority of women CAN breastfeed You'll be right!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lol I remember sh!tting myself when I expressed a few drops in the shower when UTD with DS1 it was like "what!! omg omg arh!!"

Oh yeah and with Elleandbump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    with E&B, but it has to be a good sign that things are working as they should, right! I wake up in puddles most mornings Never leaked any colostrum in my first pg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeandme View Post
    with E&B, but it has to be a good sign that things are working as they should, right! I wake up in puddles most mornings Never leaked any colostrum in my first pg.
    I've been wearing breastpads since 14 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like colostrum. Lots of fun. I am getting some too.

Mine started leaking out of me like little waterfalls a few days before I started going into labour with the twinnies.

As for milk, mine came in on day three with a vengance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i Leaked the first time from about 20 weeks, i had a E C-sect at 33 week and i was so embarrassed coz i was lactating all over my hospital gown

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's colostrum I think got it with my first about 20 odd weeks 2nd 14 weeks this one only just got it again 20 odd weeks. Both my previous kids I had supply issues with so I don't think it means much at all. I would probably avoid trying to get any out before hand because it can stimulate contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ok this is a little embaressing..

I don't feel so odd now I was getting changed in to my pjs last night and discovered my boobs had leaked :0 I freaked and all DF could do was laugh! I'm 15weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub