+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyFortuneTeller View Post
    Grrrrr Spotlight!

I went there the other week and bought meters and meters of tulle and polynet. Holding a baby on one hip, juggling my wallet and keys in the other. And they just hand me the material and say sorry we dont give out bags anymore. I mean, come on, really??? At a haberdashery store of all places where everything is bitsy or bulky, they decide to stop using bags??? And after I have spent all that $$$ on material, I dont wanna fork out to buy another reusable bag IYKWIM.

Just give me a brown paper bag next time I am in there Spotlight!!!! Lol.

My mum told me this today!
    She bought a whole heap of stuff (minus the baby on the hip) and then.... no bag!

I've been on maternity leave, going back in the next week or so, so I wasn't aware of this.

Poor old Spotlight, copping a hiding today, lol very valid reason though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I buy a lot from Bubbamia on facebook and through her website. They have sale nights on facebook so its a good idea to join the group. I also buy a bit from Wrapped in Fabric which is another WAHM on facebook. The Oz Material Girls are also quite good

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to buy bags at Target now, too...it is pressure from the government, I think...

It is my dream to work at Spotlight

As they are a large company, they are prey to the (in my opinion flawed) first law of business that wages cost the most, so cut staff first!

I am going to check out those sites people have mentioned, too...it is a shame that the little fabric stores have fallen prey to Spotlight and Lincraft. Several years ago I went on a day trip to Toowoomba and found a fantastic store! I can't remember the name of it but the signage was right out of the 1960s!

I remember that even in the early 90s you could buy 100% cotton fabric, 90cm wide, for $1.99 a metre. These were designs that had not changed since the 1930s.

Just saying...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kstar23 View Post
    My mum told me this today!
    She bought a whole heap of stuff (minus the baby on the hip) and then.... no bag!

I've been on maternity leave, going back in the next week or so, so I wasn't aware of this.

Poor old Spotlight, copping a hiding today, lol very valid reason though!!
    Lol sorry not bagging you hard workin Spotlight workers Just whoever in the company decided on that bag policy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyFortuneTeller View Post
    Grrrrr Spotlight!

I went there the other week and bought meters and meters of tulle and polynet. Holding a baby on one hip, juggling my wallet and keys in the other. And they just hand me the material and say sorry we dont give out bags anymore. I mean, come on, really??? At a haberdashery store of all places where everything is bitsy or bulky, they decide to stop using bags??? And after I have spent all that $$$ on material, I dont wanna fork out to buy another reusable bag IYKWIM.

Just give me a brown paper bag next time I am in there Spotlight!!!! Lol.
    Yea pretty ridiculous really considering they sell the smallest & most difficult things to carry & I never remember to bring my bag so have to buy a new one everytime!!!

But other than that I still love my spotlight for cheapie fabric.

Have a looksy on facebook there are a few fabric businesses on there

Check out the ones above & there is also the Fabric Jungle.
    Last edited by ladybugblue84; 05-11-2010 at 19:00. Reason: add

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You think Spotlight sucks - try Lincraft! It's a junk shop fir cheap bed linen and towels!! I get 1 or 2 good lots of fabric there every few months but I found a spotlight near my osteopath and wham! 3 lots of fabric for $5 a metre!!! Wooo hoo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bubbami, etsy, lincraft, ebay & many other random places.

Thanks
    Reviews
    do u have an ikea near you? they have fun fabrics at 9.95 a mtre for some!
    There are some fabric sellers on facebook also the most popular being bubbamia

BabyPaparazzi is offline Children are constantly changing, Parent as constantly adapting
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe try another one?

I have to about the same distance from me, one is the nastiest place I've ever been, stuff everywhere, jack all material range, messy, disorganised and you can never find anyone to help. The other is perfect, I love going there, the ladies are wonderful and know me probably to well And this season's summer range is gorgeous, I lay-by'd like 4 different prints in each colour range .

Besides spotlight we have no other fabric stores within reasonable driving distance, and the only time I bought online I was very disappointed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shopped online at emfab.com.au. Received some beautiful pieces of fabric super fast. They have a beautiful range of quality fabric. If you are looking for quality fabric you can't buy from spotlight check out this shop.