+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default pre-kindy or daycare kindy?

so my situation is like this, dd started daycare in january 2010 she started in the pre kindy room. She has been moved up to the kindy room a couple weeks ago she will be 3 and halfnext month. She just got used to this change and she's already got friends and im happy with the care and im as well as she is used to the people that care for her and i trust them.

However a c and k kindy (actual pre prep kindy) is being built and will be ready for start of next year. The time dd should start if she were too.

Im kind of torn. Because she is already settled into her daycare kindy room and even though i have to pay for her daycare the hours are longer she can stay. Where as with c and k kindy its only 5 days a fortnight (she goes 4 days a fortnight right now but if i was to work she'd go 6 days a fortnight at daycare in the second half of 2011) from 8.30-2.30 making me less available to start work next year or study.

So after this big expaination lol sorry about that what should i do. Do u think its justified to keep her in daycare kindy (she starts prep 2012 if they dont bring in means testing etc) or enroll her for c and k kindy? what would do u in my situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It depends on your circumstances. If you are able to enrol her in the C&K without affecting your work too much then I highly recommend doing that. My DD went to a C&K pre prep last year and it was so worth the switch from daycare! I was working full time but decided to give up work and study instead as it was my last year with her before she went off to school. I am so glad I did as she loved it and I was able to be involved with the C&K as a parent helper quite often as I had spare time. IMO well worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wont have time to help out if i did cause i'd start work i am planning on working again next year and c and k will hinder that slightly being that the hours are less restrictive and i dont really want to destrupt her from what she's already settled into.

I dont know its confusing lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Can you do a mix of both?

My DS is in ABC Kinder room this year (just turned 4) and loves it!

He is enrolled to start 4yr old Kinder at the local Kindergarten next year, but I am keeping him in the ABC kinder too. So because I am working 4days- he will do 2 full days of ABC, and 2 days of 4yr old Kinder/after kinder care (with my parents & FDC).

I love what he gets from ABC and don't want to take him away from that- BUT we live out of town, and the kids he goes to 4yr kinder with will be the same kids he will be going to school with- thats really the only reason I am sending him to both- otherwise I'd have just stuck with ABC kinder program.

He could have done 3days at the local kinder but I am only sending him 2.

Sorry I've probably not been much help!!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm going to say C&K - the same children on the same days with the same teacher (Uni qualified Early Childhood teacher), Building Waterfalls Curriculum, not for profit, larger than required play spaces etc etc I say go for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    does kinder at childcare cost the same as childcare fees or is it the same as you would pay to do kinder at a kindergarten.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard people rave about the C & K kindy's... worth a shot. If you don't like it or it isn't working then you can always change back to daycare..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We all follow the same Early Years Learning Framework curriculum now, so during actual kindy hours it will be the same learning program layout at each place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to point out this post is 18 months old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    We all follow the same Early Years Learning Framework curriculum now, so during actual kindy hours it will be the same learning program layout at each place.
    Sorry, can I just clarify as DH and I were discussing this the other night. Is this to say that preschools and Daycares are following the same early childhood learning program?