View Poll Results: Did you have more than 1 baby with reflux?

12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had 1 bub with reflux but at least 1 without

11 91.67%
  • All of my bubs had reflux

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did ask DS's paediatrician if I was more likely to have another bub with reflux and he said 'you may or you may not' which I take means there isn't a definite answer to whether it's a genetic thing.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My nana had 2 kids (my uncle and mum), the eldest of them (my uncle) had refulx. My mum had 4 kids, and only one (my older sister had reflux). My sister also has 3 kids and only one (her 2nd child) had reflux. I have one bub, and she has reflux, and im hoping if i do have anymore.. they wont have reflux Maybe it does run in families.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know this thread is old, but you've all given me hope that my next baby (whenever we TTC) may not have reflux!

I love my DD with all of my heart but those first 7 months were hell, but I'm finally enjoying her each and every moment of the day, so even if number 2 does get it, I know there is an end it sight.

If only there was a miracle cure, or something you could do whilst you were pregnant to stop it.

I sometimes think I was too cautious when I was pregnant. I ate NOTHING that would potentially have listeria, I had no alcohol, I didn't smoke and I avoided being around smoke, I did yoga, I went for lots of walks etc. Whether that has anything to do with it who knows but I won't be going out and eating anything I want, drink, take up smoking and not do any exercise hehe.

But interesting that many's first baby had reflux but subsequent children did not and I typically hear that many mothers aren't so strict on themselves when pregnant with second and subsequent children. Could there be a link!?