+ Reply to Thread
    Bon4 is offline These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate...
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone studying nursing at CQU?

Hi, just thought I would check and see if anyone is studying nursing at CQU and can help me. I have done six subjects in nursing at CQU but now I am switching to ACU Mid, and I need copies of all the course profiles for the subjects I have done so that I can apply for credit. I have copies of all of them except bioscience.

So, I am asking if anyone who has done/is doing SCIE11019 Introductory Bioscience can please give me a copy of their course profile. I would get a copy myself from the uni website, but as I am no longer a student I am not able to sign in to my student account anymore.

If you can help PM me and I will give you my email.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I only started this year and have done BIOH11005 and BIOH11006 Introductory and Advanced Anatomy and Physiology from the new course.

How are you going on getting credits? I know of a few people who are trying to get into different uni's.

Bon4 is offline These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying I just need to send off my application for credit form with my academic transcript from CQU and copies of all the course profiles for the subjects I want credit for. I think I will have to post off the application without the bioscience profile, but hopefully my anatomy and physiology will be enough to get credit for the bioscience subjects at ACU.

I am not expecting to get credit for all my nursing subjects, as they structure the units a bit differently at ACU (plus I am doing mid and not nursing), but I am really hoping to get credit for anatomy/physiology so I don't have to do those units again. I will have to wait and see I guess, hopefully it won't be too long a wait to find out if I get credit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ARGH - the thought of having to do any of the bioscience/A&P subjects again

I hope it goes well and you can get a few credits.

My sister did her post grad mid through ACU a few years ago now and is happily working as a middy at the mater now.

I wanted to mid for a while but would rather work in the postnatal wards than be the baby catcher. I have found that the mater has a RN graduate nurse program doing a rotation through the ponst natal wards, special care nurseries and the gyn wards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bon4, how did you go with the credits, were you able to get them all?

I'm looking to study nursing at mid year entry and want to fast track as much as possible, so wondering if I can do CQU nursing online and complete 6 subjects in the one semester, has anyone tried this?

thanks
    Coco

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Coco,

I was just wondering if you ended up studying mid year at CQU? I am starting this July and I am getting different answers about fast tracking from Program Advisors. How did you go?

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, no I ended up sticking with QUT just as I was already part way through the program and you don't get all credits when you transferred. I'm not sure about CQU but I know USQ have a fast track program which means you can do the full degree (non grad entry) in 2 years. This includes both summer semesters and I believe they only take enrollments in semester 1 for this program. What issues are you having with CQU? Universities seem to give no end of the run around. Happy to try and help from my experiences as much as possible.
    Good luck!!!