Thanks
    Reviews

Default My Dr wants to bring IVF ahead because he is going away

I have previously tried 6 iui cycles without success, I am 41 with no children, had a previously miscarriage and desperate to be a mother. IVF is very expensive and we can only afford one go. This is our last chance. My Dr rang this morning to change my appointment and is talking about doing the egg collection on day 12 because he is going away (I normally ovulate on day 14). Will bringing it forward effect our chance of success. Also how many follicles should I have to go ahead with the procedure. I had a scan on day 7 which did not show a great response, maybe 5 follicles on one side. My Dr increased the medication, will that bring forward more follicles. I am wondering if due to the fact I only get one go at egg collection if I would be better to leave it for another cycle where they can give the higher dose of medication from the start to try and get more follicles.
    Last edited by vicki1; 23-10-2010 at 15:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soory I missed you. How did it go?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

My Dr ended up cancelling this ivf cycle on day 10 as I think the follicles were not as big as they should be by that date (either that or because he was going away I would not be ready in time - I am sorry if I sound sinicle but I do wonder), from what I can see we had 8 follicles but the dr thinks the nasal spray (Synarel) was not working so well, maybe because I get congested with hayfever a lot so we will look at injecting it next cycle. I am on day 14 today and have been searching everywhere (without success) for information that will tell me what will happen to the follicles once I stop the injections (puregon).

I would really appreciate if you can answer the following question - What happens to ovulation on a cycle where you start on puregon and synarel but then cancel it on day 10 ie will I still ovulate, will it drop back to just one follicle or am I likely to ovulate more than 1 or more follicles?