Thanks
    Reviews

Default Protocol Options

Hi

I was wondering if you were able to give me some guideance.

My DH (35) and I (26) have a 3year old whom we conceived naturally. DH regretably had a vasectomy 2yrs ago but we would really love another child together.

We commenced our 1st ivf/icsi cycle 12mths ago - down reg with pill and 150 gonal f however was cancelled as i only produced 4 mature sized follies. 2nd cycle was down reg no pill and 300 gonal f where i produced only 4 mature sized follies so we decided to go to epu - got 4 eggs but only only 1 fertilised but abnormaly.

Our FS explained that DH prior use of steriods due to his body building career had taken a toll on his sperm and prescribed his 3x weekly injections of pregnyl to help improve. I had an AMH test which came back a very poor 2.5. I was prescribed DHEA and have been on it for 3months.

After our 2nd failed cycle i was diagnosed with graves disease and now apparently hashimotos which i have not had to take medication for (neo mercazole) for the last 6 weeks yet i still suffer the symptoms of vague memory and heart palpitations.

To cut a long story short our FS changed our 3rd cycle to an atagonist with 450 gonal f no pill etc. I just had my day 9 scan (friday 22nd) and have 4 follies 16, 12, 9, 9 - the nurse has keeped me on the meds to rescan on monday the 25th but at this stage looks like i'll only have the one or maybe 2 follies at a decent size. I feel like i would have to go to epu just to see if the pregnyl has helped to improve DH sperm to get a clearer picture of where we stand.

My questions is - what do you think our chances for this cycle are? and if this fails/gets cancelled is there any other protocols/ treatments/ medications i or dh can do to increase our results. Thanks for your time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just updating you that we cancelled our cycle yesterday. The couple of extra days stimming produced a final result of follies being 21, 14, 14, 9 and FS didn't want to trigger with that thinking the 21 would get too big and the 14's may be too small. So he would rather see me do another cycle where the follie sizes are much closer together like i have had in the past with my previous x2 down reg cycles. So i took my trigger last night and provided my period arrives within 2wks we fit in schedule to get another down reg cycle in before xmas. Obviously i must never be able to get anymore then 4 average size follies would adding any other forms of injections/medications into my cycle have any benefit for me to produce more/ respond better/ help egg maturity etc.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I am sorry but have been out of the office and forgot my password to get in to BUb Hub.
    My view is that you are young and will do well with any embryo that gets to blastocyst before transfer. My prediction is that you will never produce many follicles and that you should go for it each time you are stimulated. It only takes one egg at your age to fall pregnant. Good Luck. Have you considered DHEA (see Human Reproduction journal). Regards GS