+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can I add that herbs and spices make all the difference to a meal. For example tonight we're having roast chicken pieces and roast potato slices, all up would have ost well under $10, but I rub the chicken and the potato with a little salt, pepper, an Italian herbs mix and a few drops of oil. Roast for an hour and it's beautiful! For something different I could use Thai herbs, or Rosemary, or oregano, or piri piri. A good stock of herbs and spices make your meals tastier and stretch your supplies further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Amen to that E&B! I make our own curry pastes from scratch and its heaps cheaper and nicer and then you have the spices there for other things as well.

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks guys will try it tomorrow and let you know forgot to get some eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    what about snacks Tyler eats alot through out the day if i did my shopping for mostly dinner stuff tyler would go hungry.

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Snacks here are fruit, sprinkle bread, home brand tiny teadies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Snacks here are apples, bananas, melon, banana smoothies, plain corn thins with peanut butter, hommus or avocado.

We do splurge once a fortnight and buy DSs only "junk" food - Healtheries Rice Rounds, usually about $5-6 and they are for my bag when we go out and sometimes at home.

Dates and nuts are a favourite snack here too.

And of course home baked cakes and bickies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saltanas my DD loves them in the little boxes so i brought the mini boxes i found our reject shop sells them for $2.50 for a pk of 12 more then what you would pay for a big bag/box but they last 2weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mine love carrot i usually cut one up b4 i start cooking tea as they always want something to eat so they snack on that then worst case if they dont eat much veg on thier plate at tea time i know they have had something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't quote me, but I think I saw a packet of Vita Wheats in Coles today for $1.00. Look, it was on a stand with some other things, so it may not have been, but I did think 'that's cheap'.

Would make a good snack with vegemite and butter. That was a staple in my school lunch as a kid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    snacks in this house is fruit, fruit, fruit.

Well, plus I do make some healthy banana bread, carrot cake etc and sometimes buy bulk packets of tiny teddies or they have cheese and crackers or carrots with dip or some yogurt