+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've got the powder too my DS recats to it tho for some reason which is why I usually use the cubes! But yep the powder probably works out cheaper.

Another thought I had on the snack / recess / afternoon tea front: I usually bake from scractch but those Greens carrot, date cake etc mixes are actually really good - they ahve no artificial colours or flavours and Coles quite often have them on special for $2 and I keep them in the pantry as a back up. I grate in some extra carrot and zucchini and toss in some sultanas and they are yummy, cheap and freeze well- you can freeze individual slices and thraw them out for recess etc and one cake would last the week. The pack includes icing as an option too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thats interesting about the reaction! I wonder why that happens?!
    Mmmmm....as for carrot cake! Yummo! I think you just gave me an idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Peanut butter cookies

1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together, spoon onto greased tray and bake on 190 for 8-11 minutes

This thread is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No flour E&B?

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brogeybear View Post
    Thats interesting about the reaction! I wonder why that happens?!
    No, not really justy very typical of my hyper sensitive son! The powder is more corn maltodextrin based then the cubes and has chilli- they are the main differences but who knows? he's a complicated individual and I don't think anybody else should be overly concerned about it causing a reaction, that's for sure.

On the biscuit note I just made anzac bisucits and it occurred to me they are prob quite cheap to make:
    1cup flour (the cheap no-name white packet thta's about 89c)
    125g no-name butter
    1cup no-name rolled oats (about $1.20 a packet)
    3/4cup brown sugar
    1cup coconut (optional but it's pretty cheap)
    2tbls golden syrup
    2tbls water
    1tsp bicarb.

The good thing about them is they don't take much of each packet so if you have the above in the pantry or even if you buy it the packets will make you several batches.

Melt butter, golden syrup, water on the stove than chuck in the bicarb. Sift together all dry ingredients than mix in the wet mixture. Roll into balls then cook at about 160deg til golden.

I make them all the time, they are easy and they last in a sealed container for ages!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No flour they come out very soft but harden up after a few minutes of cooling. I made a batch this morning and DH and DD cleared them up in around 20 minutes!

We actually feed our family for around $100 a week, most weeks a little less. That includes meat, fruit and vege, milk and bread, cereal, snacks, and a few treats.

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is going to sound so silly how do you cook the eggs to make the eggs in cup so u still have the shell on you crack off the top and have the gooey inside with bread soldiers. My nan used to make them for me for breakfast but i have no idea how to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    mmm I might jsut go make some now E&B

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemygirls&boy View Post
    This is going to sound so silly how do you cook the eggs to make the eggs in cup so u still have the shell on you crack off the top and have the gooey inside with bread soldiers. My nan used to make them for me for breakfast but i have no idea how to
    Place the egg in a pot of cold water so the water just covers the top of the egg, bring to the boil and then boil rapidly for 6-12 minutes, the longer you boil for the harder the yolk. Take out of the water and serve in the cup with soldiers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandbump View Post
    No flour they come out very soft but harden up after a few minutes of cooling. I made a batch this morning and DH and DD cleared them up in around 20 minutes!
    That is what happens in this house whenever I bake too! Hmmm...I wonder if I can swap some of the sugar for some flour....or even coconut