+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I went out and bought a card file directory thingy from officeworks which cost a bunch but ive already added all these wonderful recipes and have say o just another 200 or so cards to fill up. Im off to do some googling of budget meals.

Any more??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here's another budget recipe and it's yummy (I'm making it tomorrow!)

Tuna Apple Curry
    1 large can of tuna
    1 tbs marjarine/butter
    2 onions sliced
    3 - 4 apples, peeled & sliced (or you can buy a big can of pie apple from the supermarket)
    1 tbs plain flour
    2 tsp sugar
    2 tsp curry powder
    2 cups of stock or water
    2 tsp tomato chutney (optional)
    250g mushrooms or champignons (optional)
    2 tsp sultanas (optional)

Melt marjarine/butter over low heat in frypan. Brown apples & onion until soft. Stir in flour, sugar & curry powder. Add mushrooms (if using) and cook for 1 minute. Add stock/water and stir under boils. Add tuna, chutney & sultanas and stir until heated through. Serve with rice/pasta/bread.

Serves 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    All these recipes sound really nice and cheap so might try and make some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Baked potatos- couple slices of bacon diced and cooked with a diced onion add to a thing of sour cream and some grated cheese and mix together. Pop the sauce over cooked potatoes, rewrap in foil and bake for another 10 minutes. If its your flavour (its ours lol) its so good, pretty fatty though
    Another recipe I found online involves a can of baked beans, sausages and some sliced cooked potatos layered in like a casserole/hot pot, sprinkle with some cheese if you have it and bake. Its really filling.
    My sister boils some chops in a tin of tomatoes throw in carrot/potatoes whatever you have thats good to.
    Finally this was my DD's fav food was a tin of tomatoes, red lentils then lots of diced vegies- carrot/onion/celery etc cooked togther. Kind of makes a soup, make it as thick as you like, meat could be added.

Thanks
    Reviews
    a cheap dessert/lunch box treat - two fruits (drained) make up jelly crystals then pour over and set. you can even set it into containers for lunches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Potato fritters - grate 4 lg potatos and 1 onion into a bowl and add 2 beaten eggs and flour to make a thickish batter. spoon into frypan and cook until golden both side, i do mine about 10cm diameter. serve with veges and tomato sauce.

Everyday is offline Everyday in Everyway Life is getting Better!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready To Run View Post
    Potato fritters - grate 4 lg potatos and 1 onion into a bowl and add 2 beaten eggs and flour to make a thickish batter. spoon into frypan and cook until golden both side, i do mine about 10cm diameter. serve with veges and tomato sauce.

yummo
    i do these but i also grate carrot, zuchini, pumpkin, sweet potato, even throw in some corn somtimes. Oh and maybe bacon... They also freeze well, I freeze them and put in DS day care lunch box.

I dont add flour just grated potato , veg ect and eggs

Another one is cut up carrot, onion lightly browned in pan then add chops on top, slow cook until chops are done. Serve with mash! Sooo yummy, oh and cut off fat from chops!
    Last edited by Everyday; 24-10-2010 at 08:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday View Post
    yummo
    i do these but i also grate carrot, zuchini, pumpkin, sweet potato, even throw in some corn somtimes. Oh and maybe bacon... They also freeze well, I freeze them and put in DS day care lunch box.

I dont add flour just grated potato , veg ect and eggs

Another one is cut up carrot, onion lightly browned in pan then add chops on top, slow cook until chops are done. Serve with mash! Sooo yummy, oh and cut off fat from chops!
    Oohh yum, that is a great idea, might make them for lunch

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Easy bread & butter custard my mum used to make myself & 2 brothers

Spread two pieces of either bread or fruit loaf with marg cut up roughly into quarters or a little more and put into an small oven proof dish.
    Mix one cup of milk and one egg together poor over the bread in the dish
    optional of a small sprinkle of sugar or cinamon/nutmeg.
    Cook for about 15mins and serve as is or with some cream/icecream

**2pieces of bread to every one cup of milk and 1 egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danni3 View Post
    we make our own garlic bread, all you need is a clove of garlic (even the el cheapo jars of already crushed garlic are less than $2 and last months ) mix it with some melted butter and then toast the bread and butter under the griller we add in some oregano and rosmary but thats optional.

for $3 (the cost of an average small pk of garlic bread) we can do a whole loaf of regular bread dressed up as garlic bread and the kids *love* it.
    Hmmm that sounds nice and we have a few of those crushed garlic jars in the pantry. Fresh garlic bread, yum, We're having pasta tonight too.