+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to do my shopping fortnightly and so far this is my dinner list (mainly from this thread lol):
    tuna mornay with salad
    chicken hokky noodle stir fry
    bacon and egg sandwhiches
    bacon carbonara
    pumpkin soup
    honey soy sauce garlic chicken rice with snow peas
    curry sausages with mash
    shepherds pie
    pizza

and so far this is my shopping list
    sausages about $3-$4
    long life cream (if i can find it)
    chicken from iga its $8.99 per kilo (skin less breast)
    hokky noodles $2-$3
    bread but i need to make my own too
    chives want to get some from bunnings so i can plant them
    honey $5ish
    cheese $4ish
    lettuce $2
    tomato $4
    cucumber $2
    snow peas $3

Very rough price estimates but i do know iga chicken is on special, bacon is 7.98 a kilo in woolies which i bought today, already have mince, rice, stir fry vegies, potatoes, onions, side dishes, pumpkin is coming from mum and we have tea at nan/pops fridays and also mum/dads sunday so its only 10 meals i have to plan for.

As for snacks atm ive got a ton of jelly i need to make, lots of tinned fruit, pastry for twist things and sausage rolls if i get more sausages, i need to start buying big packs of chips and putting them in smaller ones as it is such a waste and $$$$$ and i need to bust out the bread maker for bread, pizza dough and yummy scroll desserty things.

We dont have a oven so need to get dp to put that in so i can start baking and i really hate cooking and eating red meat (mince and sauages are ok) hence my chicken and bacon OTT list (dam pregnancy hormones lol) Oh and do have to add fruit but i wait til im in the store. (i only have woolworths and iga so whatevers cheaper i go to that store and get that particular item/s) LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS THREAD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yummm jjsbois can I have your recipie for the honey soy sauce garlic chicken rice with snow peas sounds sooo good

Thanks
    Reviews
    i use to go thru jars of honey soy garlic marinade until i discovered all i had to do was mix honey soy and garlic together who knew lol so yeah just mixed that to what ur taste buds like but u have to warm the honey as its easier to marinate. I havent tried it with chicken only red meat but i dont like red meat atm so thought chicken should be alright. I dont usually marinate it but just mix it up, cook the meat and sauce together (i also leave out a bit of sauce so at the end its still a bit saucy) and at very last minute still in the pan add some chopped snow peas, add the saved sauce and serve on rice. ssooo simple as we always have the sauce ingredients and rice on hand

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just subscribing, love this thread

Grinnyswife- going to make your curried sausages tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just came accross this thread and have now copied and pasted so many recipies!

what a great idea, especially when your like me and on struggle street atm!

I was going to mention Jam Drops, but some one else did.. yummy!

Apricot chicken -

Drum sticks and a can of apricot nectar and sprinkle some french onion soup mix over the top (home brand, cheap as chips!!) Bake in the oven til the chicken is cooked and serve on rice. Delicious, easy and not that expensive!

Fried Rice -

I do this in bulk and freeze it..

Its just rice, frozen vege(I use the home brand ones, generally a full bag) cook up some bacon and mix together, add in some soy sauce for flavour.. then I generally ad soy sauce to serve as well. You can put anything you like in it but its so easy and yummy to!

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Delish grinnyswife!!! I added some extra vegies that were laying around too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to bump this fantastic thread. maybe the mods could make it sticky?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I made the yummiest meal the other night. 4xchicken thighs ($3.55) dipped them in egg then breadcrumbs mixed with garlic and roasted for 45mins. serve with mashed potato, peas, carrots and gravy Were having this again tonight too

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im actually looking thru this for ideas for tea tonight i need to write out all of the recipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok VERY cheap.. 4 eggs,2 cans of 420g cans corn,4 tbsp of self raising flour mix together and cook like pancakes! Can add 1 chicken stock cube or other veg or herbs! Other wise cook up shepherds pie and freeze. rice, milk can make from powder milk,sugar/honey can make creamed rice