Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1 or 2 embryo transfer?

Hi DR

We are just about to do our 1st FET, I am having a hard time deciding wether to transfer 1 or 2 embryos.

I am nearly 37 (December) My partner is 42, we have a 14 yr old son (from my previous marriage) and a 8 month old son from IVF ICSI, we concieved him very first cycle. I have no fertility issues, it is Male infertility only.

We transfered 2 at that time hoping for twins, but got 1.

I was told by FN that transfering 2 at my age increases the chance of falling preg, but of course increases the chance of twins...(Which I am not too sure I could handle now). Our frozen embryos are day 2, we have only 3 left, and if they dont work then we will not be trying anymore.

Do you know the stats on how much it increases my chances of falling preg plus of having twins?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    RTAC guidelines are for you to have 1 embryo at a time. If you dont want twins then only put back one. If you put back 2 and fall pregnant then your chances of having twins is.......wait for it.......................................100% or 0%!!
    Good Luck GS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGlennSterling View Post
    RTAC guidelines are for you to have 1 embryo at a time. If you dont want twins then only put back one. If you put back 2 and fall pregnant then your chances of having twins is.......wait for it.......................................100% or 0%!!
    Good Luck GS

Thanks for your reply, but I am not too sure about the part were you said if I put 2 back and do fall preg then my chances of having twins are 100%.....I put 2 back last time fell preg with a single bub....