+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am not concerned about getting monitoring. I went to the dr once with J at 34w I think. My gp just checked my blood pressure and urine. She was not impressed with my plans to hb (she didn't know it was to be unassisted).
    This time I have not had any checks as I haven't felt it necessary. I know I get low iron so I have been taking Spatone. I am a believer in having a good diet, getting enough rest and exercise, its really helped me.
    I would be only concerned by bleeding apart from what you have mentioned. Having a doula and mw would be helpful in being able to talk out things if you ever feel worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    As the pregnancy comes to a close (I hope) just thought I'd update. All is well except for trick pre labour. Feeliing close to birthing.

How are you all>?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Ohhh exciting Kymmy goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slow and steady today but think bub is waiting for Dad to come home. 4 kids are kinda excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How exciting Kymmy.

Sent from my GT540 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw your post in the may announcements, Congratulations Kymmy! You are braver than I. I held back from pushing (with my bum in the air) till DH got home (about 45 minutes).

Sent from my GT540 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just couldn't! I felt like bub was waiting for Dad all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all, glad to read the positive outcomes and experiences over the past few months!

This is a quick one as there is a beautiful, healthy ten week old bub attached to my boob as I type () but didn't want to disappear forever after starting the thread.

Babe arrived peacefully and safely at home three days before her due date. The extent of assistance during pregnancy was a weekly blood pressure check and chat with my midwife from around 8 months on. The BP checks were at her insistence but personally I would not have felt it necessary as my health was great. No blood tests whatsoever, no scans, no doctors, no pressure and NO loss of control.

I know others have differing outcomes and would never deny that medical assistance can be of immense help when the mother feels it is so. Nobody knows your body (and baby) like you, after all.

Good vibes to all those still on their preggo journeys!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

changethestars  (26-05-2011),jenrose  (12-10-2011),V8  (26-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for that update BTB! This thread has totally inspired me to try an unassisted pregnancy next time! I've loved seeing the ultrasounds this time around, but I do think they are fairly unnecessary if you're feeling healthy - I think I would possibly still go for either the 12 or 20 week scan though, just for my own peace of mind.

Thanks so much for the inspiration!
    Last edited by changethestars; 26-05-2011 at 10:32. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely! I agree, it should be up to the mother rather than routine.