+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    Sorry you had a hard time of it Babel, but the honest truth here is that freebirthers do see birth to be the safe thing in life, hence why they freebirth. Tactful is not to have a go at someone for their favourite saying that was quoted in the Freebirth section of the forum.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry I just wanted to add that a few studies also show no difference in outcomes for discovering pp during birth or before, I am sure that is for in hospital though I am not 100% sure. I do stand by what E&B said re them though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Sorry I just wanted to add that a few studies also show no difference in outcomes for discovering pp during birth or before, I am sure that is for in hospital though I am not 100% sure. I do stand by what E&B said re them though.
    I'm not sure of the exact statistics of PP myself, to be honest I stop short of the real scary parts as it can get a bit much ATM, bu I do know that before US it wasn't always death as the outcome. Women presenting with bleeding could have the location of their placenta detected by a skilled midwife, then they would deliver by csection OR a midwife would make a hole in the placenta S the cervix dialated and then deliver the baby through the hole, quickly of course. The outcomes weren't always favourable but then again the outcomes weren't always favorable when doctors didn't routinely was their hands either

Point is when we trusted our bodies and sought out help when something was wrong birth was seen as a normal and natural event and high risk pregnancies were rare. Now we treat potential illnesses, test for conditions we're not even at risk for and monitor every movement, morsel of food we eat and have procedures performed 'just in case.'

If it were up to me I never would have invited a doctor to my son's birth let alone have him in a hospital where he will then spend his first few days. However no one will deliver a grade 4 placenta previa naturally, and im not confident to do it alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So Thermy... are you having an unassisted pregnancy as well as a freebirth?

I must say that I'm jealous of all you ladies freebirthing. It was such an awesome experience, but disappointing that I waited until my last to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I must say that I'm jealous of all you ladies freebirthing. It was such an awesome experience, but disappointing that I waited until my last to do it.
    I'm having the NT scan and blood test but yes other than that. This is my last too, In wanted to FB DS2 but listened to DF and we had a MW from the CMP, I regretted it in the end, I can see how much not following my instincts and freebirthing effected my labour, I really felt disturbed and watched.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hey

Not a free birther but I come in peace honesly.

Lets not forget that this is posted in the home birth section about positive unassisted births, can we keep it that way pretty please, Lets not forget it Christmas the mods all have lil kiddies to and want to enjoy the day, Not spend the day modding all us ally cats

Have a good Christmas Lufflies

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I have deleted quite a few off topic posts from this thread.

This thread is for those who are freebirthing, or homebirthing with little interference to chat and share experiences.

This is NOT a debate thread. If you have questions - please ask them respectfully.

Thanks

Just quoting the OP to remind you all
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post

Love to hear from those who have/had a "free" or unassisted pregnancy...

Whether that means selective testing or none at all.
    I'm not quite sure of the level of prenatal tests etc I will have done... as yet at 19 weeks it has just been bub & I, quietly growing away with no issues.

Unsure if we will trot off to a doctor/arrange a midwife at all, at this stage... I don't feel the need.

However I have read that it is a good idea to have your pregnancy on record somewhere with a GP or midwife - to help with ease of transfer to hospy if there are issues during the birth, and also with registering your baby once born. Any truth to this, does anyone know?

Thanks I look forward to your input/stories.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (25-12-2010),Mod-xkwzit  (25-12-2010)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    thanks katiesmum!
    next pregnancy I will be possibly having a 12ish week scan for dates and to count babies, and a late scan to check bubs size and placenta position. (the areas I had complications in)
    I don't want medical intervention if not needed, so if all goes well ill be leaving it at 1-2 tests, but the hospital will be aware of EDD.
    I will stay home for as long as possible (and may end up freebirthing 'accidently') to avoid unneccessary intervention.
    if I do freebirth I won't be going to the hospital for awhile afterwards, but will go for a check.
    there is a big free/home birth community here, and AFAIK they have done a stat dec for BDM and that was enough to register.

Thanks
    Reviews

It is inspiring to hear of women choosing fb for their first, I know I could have but guess I felt I needed "permission" or at the very least support. It is obvious that people fear birth and the what ifs and that is when we lose the beauty of it all I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey there, been reading along. I'm looking at having a semi "free" pregnancy, having a scan at 19 weeks and maybe a palp towards the end.

Were employing a Doula and a Lay midwife so its not a real free birth, but I will have 4 appointments with each more to discuss things than for prenatal care.

My current concerns are what should I be doing if I don't have a care provider during pregnancy? I know I can get low BP and low Iron and I'm aware of those issues, but aside from being aware if there is a lack of movement is there anything else that requires routine monitoring?