+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So I'm now over 20 weeks along in my pregnancy, with no need for medical attention as yet. I did have moments of self doubt over the past few weeks - I think brought on because this is the point at which ultrasounds are truly "the norm" in most pregnancies - but have comforted myself through further reading and reflection, and moved on. My child's movements are sporadically strong enough for me to really "feel" now, which is of course a constant comfort. However I'm trying not to focus too much on it, as at this stage I don't want to be concerned if when I go hours or days without feeling too much action.

Hopefully in a few weeks time, my partner will also be able to feel movement. I'm sure this will help to involve him more in the pregnancy.

My general health has been good for the most part, although the classic pregnancy immune system has let me down a couple of times, with sniffles and light colds. I'm sure the overall stress of relocating, working and just being pregnant doesn't help there - however maintaining a good diet and a daily walk does wonders.

As for medical care later on in the piece, I'm considering one midwife appointment very close to the birth - to palpate my tummy, and ensure the placenta is lying well, and have an overall check up. However that is dependant on both how I feel at the time, and if I have an available, supportive midwife.

Halfway through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congrats on halfway! Its inspiring to hear how you are feeling and of your plans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kymmy.

I haven't updated in a while as, I suppose, nothing much has happened! Baby is quietly, steadily growing away which I can tell by the massive growth that has become of my stomach. Movement is regular and strong.

The daily exercise part of my prenatal care has unfortunately really fallen off the radar. This is due to my lack of energy - I'm still working, and any energy I have seems to go to my job, not to mention the pain my feet are in by the end of the day. Must be all the extra weight.

I worry a bit about the lack of exercise as I can see that labour takes strength and stamina, and I don't feel much like I have either at the moment. I really hope this will pass, and once I'm on maternity leave I can get back into a daily walking routine.

The one "symptom" of being up the duff that is starting to get a little tiring is the constant need for food! I seem to need a small snack or meal around once every two hours or I get quite light headed and just feel a bit crud. It can be difficult to access nutritious stuff throughout the working day though, so I just try to do my best with it. Oh that reminds me of another unpleasant side effect - that grotty acid reflux! Bah. All the delicious foods seem to cause it - Indian curries (yum), yummy homemade pizza, anything with heaps of flavour. It's a real bummer as I can't find any natural remedies.

At 26 weeks along, I haven't had any health issues and haven't needed a doctor's support (interference?) so far. My one quick appointment during this pregnancy with a midwife was... well, unenjoyable to be honest. I felt more connected to my child without hearing their heartbeat through a doppler - it felt unnatural and uncomfortable. Barring any unforeseen health issues, I don't think I will visit one again until very close to birthing day. One upside, I suppose, was my blood pressure, etc, all measuring as perfect - which I had felt that it was - so that was empowering, in a way.

So here's hoping all continues to go well as we head into planning our homebirth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't have much energy but then I rarely exercise anyway and I don't struggle too much with labour and birth (except for feeling tired after which I imagine is normal). I am envious of you being able to eat. I am 19 weeks now and still rather not eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kymmy,

Morning sickness is such a kick in the **** (wow, can't believe I can't even type the word ar$e here, heh). I can't imagine managing it when you've got children that need your attention. The only thing I found that helped with MS in the beginning was really small, frequent meals... and a ton of fruit salad, it was all I could stomach for a while. I feel lucky and grateful that mine passed at the "typical" stage, around 12-14 weeks. Here's hoping yours passes soon and I hope you're finding time to rest up whenever possible.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a free pregnancy with my no 2 year old, and luckily (as it happened) I went to the doc when I was about 41 weeks preggo due to a nasty cough I could not shift, and it was great for BDM, I got him to write me a note saying "yes, I saw this woman at 41 weeks preggo, and I have now viewed her with her 4 day old son.... yada"

I got the birth cert just like that, wheras people who simply did stat decs etc were waiting a long time.

All the best, great to hear it is all going uneventfully well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou btb. I am feeling much better now now that I am over 20 weeks, bout time! Still not much of an appetite but at least I can eat.

I had to get a stat dec and a letter from MP but was easy enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmy View Post
    Thankyou btb. I am feeling much better now now that I am over 20 weeks, bout time! Still not much of an appetite but at least I can eat.

I had to get a stat dec and a letter from MP but was easy enough.
    Which MP??? State or federal????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hah! Medical Practicioner, in this case our MCHN who is a RN and midwife.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmy View Post
    Hah! Medical Practicioner, in this case our MCHN who is a RN and midwife.
    ahhhh Here I was thinking it was a typo... MP instead of GP lol