+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd avoid a gp if you aren't seeing one regualrly, cause you'll only end up with grief over the whole thing. I'd see an IM or a chiro. They are less likely to give you a hard time about your choice.
    It may be true that DOCS becomes involved if you present at the hospital, but if it is anything like the involvement I had with them when DD3 was 3 months (unrelated incident) it is nothing to fret about. They visited once a fortnight, asked me my version of events 20 times, and then closed the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, even if they were to interfere I wouldn't feel particularly threatened as I don't have anything to hide.

Things are looking good; I'm researching now how to register a birth in the state we're moving to, and it seems ridiculously easy! Nothing about needing a GP/medical professional to confirm my pregnancy via a letter is stated. We'll see.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Where ru moving too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful Tassie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ohh i'm in Tassie! I'm in the South, whereabouts are you planning to be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're not sure yet as we will be renting for a few months before settling in for good - we're so far only familiar with South - loved Hobart, so very different to other capital cities, so relaxed and lovely! But North seems to be a bit more affordable in some ways. We really want land so depends on what pops up I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm just 10mins out from Hobart CBD in the Nothern Suburbs

There's a bunch of us weirdo home/freebirthers down here There's also some lovely home/freebirthers around Launceston too, but I haven't managed to get up there to meet them yet!

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I'm not sure on that situation MyThreeCubs but I am quite sure that in this country, it is my legal right to refuse any and all medical care. Thus being investigated by the Department of Child Safety for not seeing a doctor when I'm not ill, seems a little contradictory. Not that that would surprise me, however, good ol' government!

It's a shame your friend is having issues registering her birth. I thought that BDM legally only require a post-birth statement from a doctor, along with her applications to register a birth, and obtain a birth cert. Hope that gets sorted for her bub before things get complicated later in life.
    As I said I don't claim to be any kind of expert on the matter. Just what I have been told and especially regarding the DOCS issue- didn't say I personally agree with it!

I believe my friend left it too late to organsie a birth certificate and she couldn't actually prove when the birth had taken place. Good to see you won't be making the same mistake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    S'all good mate - if I come off as a little defensive, it's probably because I am!
    Certainly not aggressive though, and I do appreciate your input/and experience - it's no good hearing tales from solely one perspective, all views are welcome!

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, that's understandable. Not judging your decision at all- your baby, your entitlement in my view.