+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH and I are flying to goldcoast to visit friends for the xmas/new years period. We're leaving on the 28th and coming home new years day and we found flights for about $139 each person each way; flying up with virgin and back with jet star. We had to make our stay around the flights as tickets on other days before or after were going to cost twice that. Also we picked flights that we leaving later in the afternoon rather peak morning period.

So yes you could pay up to that, but look around. Even some airlines have frenzy fridays and 12 midday specials, so you may find cheaper, but you may just have to not be so picky with the days you want to arrive or depart.

Guest Guest
    Oh ok thanks. Yeah I don't know if I can choose other days because dh can't take time off work, so I thought it'd be a good time to go and I'll only be 23 weeks pregnant rather than waiting till Christmas when I'll be uncomfortable.
    Or maybe I can do a 2night/3day quickie? Maybe I'll call them instead.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2LnC View Post
    Oh ok thanks. Yeah I don't know if I can choose other days because dh can't take time off work, so I thought it'd be a good time to go and I'll only be 23 weeks pregnant rather than waiting till Christmas when I'll be uncomfortable.
    Or maybe I can do a 2night/3day quickie? Maybe I'll call them instead.
    I say send dh home on the bus and stay another night on your own

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aliblue View Post
    I say send dh home on the bus and stay another night on your own
    Oh that'd be good I was thinking too of just staying at a hotel in the city for a night bymyself and getting pampered, massage, facial, pedicure and then shopping and just relaxing without the boys before the baby comes. Maybe that will be money better spent and just wait till next year for a good holiday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could you fly melb to bris instead and just get the train/bus/hire a car what ever to gc ...?

Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!