+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guest Guest

Default Travel flight costs?

Does anyone know anything about flights to interstate?
    I was looking at webjet and flight centre and for Melbourne to Gold Coast I put in 2 adults one infant and it gave one way ticket prices for each person, cheapest being around $350, so thats $700 per person return??
    Does that sound right? It seems really expensive, I haven't traveled in a while and I didn't think a flight to gold coast cost $700 return, for abit more I can go overseas for that can't I.

Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2LnC View Post
    Does anyone know anything about flights to interstate?
    I was looking at webjet and flight centre and for Melbourne to Gold Coast I put in 2 adults one infant and it gave one way ticket prices for each person, cheapest being around $350, so thats $700 per person return??
    Does that sound right? It seems really expensive, I haven't traveled in a while and I didn't think a flight to gold coast cost $700 return, for abit more I can go overseas for that can't I.
    Yeh that sound really pricey! Check on Jetstars sales page..im sure i saw melb to g/c for way cheaper than that...but im not sure if the sale is still on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Virgin blue has qld airfares on sale now but only for certain travel periods. Definitly shouldn't be that much, maybe the quote is from qantas coz jetstar and virgin would be much cheaper!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try looking on the site Webjet. They do a comparison between all the airlines.. Otherwise, check on each sites homepage for any current specials

G

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    could depend on when you're flying, my cousin flew down to melbourne for the afl GF from the gold coast and that's how much it cost him. You're not going at xmas or around schoolies time maybe?

OT but just wanted to add my cousin was mightily p!ssed about the draw and having to go back to the gold coast before the rematch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go on www.jetstar.com.au

Or virginblue.

Or call flight center up they will be able to find you better fare on the phone then online, this has happened to me once.

our little treasures is offline Gorgeous family wonderful friends <3 life!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely that sounds correct, although you can get them heaps cheaper depending what airline how much luggage etc.. I just booked my mum and partner air flights to my brothers wedding to Cairns for $624 for 2 adults return,... However flights taking longer they also arrive back in Melbourne at 4am (damn I am picking up lol) but to save hundreds it was worth it..

Play around with the days

our little treasures is offline Gorgeous family wonderful friends <3 life!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry I booked online with webjet Tiger

Guest Guest
    I did get these qoutes from flightcentre and webjet where they compared all flights for me. I put in Oct29 to Nov2nd (nov2nd being melbourne cup holiday here) I don't think its school holidays, maybe could be schoolies? I didn't think to check that, gees where else could I go thats cheaper? Maybe Sydney for the weekend? Will keep looking..

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    oh then it's probably the cup here rather than anything up there. I bet if you put in one way to GC on the 29th it would be heaps cheaper. Any way you could come back the day after cup day?