+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sorry to hear that child protection weren't helpful. That is really disappointing. But good on you for reporting. I think you did the right thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mmm i m a bit apprehensive about calling child welfare unless i have a good gist of the background. Maybe that's a bad thing

Yelling wouldn't worry me so much, but if kids were dirty,unwashed, no clothed, looking malnourished, not happy etc i wouldn't hesitate to call.

Some mums yell. Its the only way to deal with it UNLESS they know better.

Poor thing might just need a hand up. Not a beating down by child services.

Maybe she has no one to help, maybe she cant deal with the kids and does not know what to do...i dunno. But if it were me, i would try to befriend her first and see what the deal is, offer to help out etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have gotten to know the mother and found out that she is actually the sister! and the kids are 3 and 7 I kid you not the 7 year old is the tiniest boy i have ever seen in my life even on an international basis. I think the mother has some serious issues as the sister is the only one I ever see with the kids, although I know the mother is there cause I have seen her and heard her (it was her that was screaming not the sister) anyway the 3 year old is here at my house from 9am-7pm pretty much every day, he never gets called in for meals or even for someone to check where he is, bvut I prefer for him to be here than wondering the street.
    I have been over there a few times as I was going out somewhere and didnt want to leave him alone and noone has answered the door and the car has been gone. I am pretty certain when the sister goes to work the mum goes out and leaves the kids by themselves.
    It is hard because I dont want to leave when they are by themselves but I'm scared if I take them with me I'll be accused of kidnapping or something.
    Not sure what to do as I would normally report them but I pretty much got a slap in the face last time.
    Now that I've gotten to know the family I'm even more concerned

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you ever find that she has gone out and left the kids call the police straight away, that way docs will definitely get involved. Poor kiddies, I am glad they atleast have somewhere safe to come to your place, god knows who could really be living there iykwim

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (21-10-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yes call the police any time she/they leaves the kids alone in the house. Hopefully it will be once and once only everything else maybe keep a record of it so you can show the police that, too. When you knock on the door do you think the 7 y.o is home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you know other people that if you asked would put a report into Docs as well. You need to get Docs out there to visually assess the situation. You also need when reporting again to point out that the 7 year old is never called in for a meal and that he is so small he resembles a 3 year old.

The 3 year old probably gets food from you , if not please give him some. I'm probably being dramatic but in long term cases whereby children are practically starved of nutrition they stop growing and from what you have written this is what I believe has happened to this 7 year old. This is a serious situation and you need to call Docs again and explain the whole situation and get two more people to report so that they come out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's been a while, but I thought I would give you an update of what was going on. The mother and sister had a fight so the sister left. The kids were pretty much completely on their own. I called DCP several more times, every time I was treated like I was making a big deal out of nothing. Then the kids set fire to a tree on a street and a house was threatened. The police got involved and DCP finally got involved. I didnt see the kids outside for a week after that. But after that week they were at it again. The 4 year old was found wondering on a busy street a few km from my house, my sister found him and bought him home, and several times the boys were caught by the police shoplifting at the shopping centre 5km away!! They are 8 and 4! Anyway DCP got involved and said the kids could stay if the sister stayed, so the sister came back. Then the dad came back (apparently he was in jail) and right from the get go I had a terrible feeling about him. Then the sister tells me she cant stay in the house because the dad went to jail for sexually abusing the oldest boy! I din't react straight away, I thought it could just be rumours, maybe she just donest like her step dad, but he still creeped me out! Anyway the 8 year old kept coming to my house and asking if he could sleep over, which I didnt mind then he comes out and tells me his dad always hurts him, and his dad put his head in the bin! So I called DCP again. They came out instantly and took the boys away for 12 days. It turns out the rumours were true! and the father is not permitted to be anywhere near those boys! The boys have just been bought back and myself, my dad, my sister and some of the other neighbours had to sign a disclosure form saying that if the dad returned to the house we had to call the police immediately! I don't think I would send those boys back knowing the risk! He could sneak in at night, he could be there right now and we wouldn't know! and clearly the mum isn't going to tell anyone. All I can do is keep an eye out for them and hope DCP is getting the mum some much needed help! Atleast i know now that when I call DCP they will take me seriously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    What a good neighbour you are. It's kids like the ones you described that make me want to do foster care. I feel so sad for kids like that. They do what they can to feed themselves even if they have to beg or steal. The humiliation they must feel. No kids should ever have to go through that.You did the right thing by far.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (26-09-2012),SoThisIsLove  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I for one am sick to death of feeling like I should bow to the minority. Young and single? Well maybe she was young and single - that being the case, along with swearing at a 3yo and being neglectful in a dangerous situation, she should be called on it. Just because you may be young and single and a great parent, does not mean everyone in that category is, just the same as any old married woman may or may not be a great parent. So what! Stop taking offence at every comment made, it's ******* irritating, and a waste of time. Over it!

Edited to add that this comment is for TELEY.
    Last edited by Clarabelle; 25-09-2012 at 18:32. Reason: add info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    I for one am sick to death of feeling like I should bow to the minority. Young and single? Well maybe she was young and single - that being the case, along with swearing at a 3yo and being neglectful in a dangerous situation, she should be called on it. Just because you may be young and single and a great parent, does not mean everyone in that category is, just the same as any old married woman may or may not be a great parent. So what! Stop taking offence at every comment made, it's ******* irritating, and a waste of time. Over it!

Edited to add that this comment is for TELEY.
    Did you post in the right thread? Have some posts been deleted because I dont understand your post?