+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wow this thread sure did blossom while I was gone haha....

I can't remember everything I wanted to say now

I'm a single mum too and im going through a dental school. I have 5th year students working on me with supervisers. Its costing $2800 full treatment. Payment plan as well over about 12mths.

I havn't had too much pain other then the first 2 weeks of intially getting them on and when the dentist was changing everything it's definitely worth it tho. If you need them I think anyone should get them. If you can. It's better late then never :-)
    Last edited by Jensha; 11-10-2010 at 21:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My fear of the dentist is the pain, and I'm scared I might swallow my tongue (lol stupid I know) when they put the mouthpiece on me and not be able to breathe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    I am 24 and really need braces but I can not afford it, I am hoping I can put my name down and go on a waiting list once we move back to Sydney.
    I paid mine off while I was at uni... Check with your local orthodontists as most of them let u pay it off. I've heard of lots whose teeth went bad again after they became adults however I think getting them as an adult it's less likely to happen as ur mouth has finished growing. I had mine at 24 and at 31 they still are perfect...
    Last edited by RipperRita; 12-10-2010 at 21:21.

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I'd post a pic of me today, with my braces! It's the first one I've 'shown' since having then put on.....
    Last edited by prideNJoy; 08-11-2010 at 15:24. Reason: Didn't want to leave pic up there ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by prideNJoy View Post
    Thought I'd post a pic of me today, with my braces! It's the first one I've 'shown' since having then put on.....
    You look absolutely gorgeous...

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou, Kobismum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you look good in braces prideNJoy :-)

I'd be too self consious to post pics right now but maybe when they have imporved more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i've had mine on since july so nearly 6 months. i've needed braces since i was about 12 but the cost was a bit prohibitive for my mum at that stage so at 30, i have finally got them! i had one of my eye teeth bent backwards nearly horizontally and it was still moving further back, so thats the main reason i wanted them. i never noticed till i had them put on how crooked and overlapping my bottom teeth were too.
    i'd have to say that they are the best weight loss plan ever; i have lost heaps because i have to eat so slowly, and i don't want to snack so much because i have to brush my teeth afterwards.
    getting them put on the first time was the most awful pain ever like comparable to childbirth for me, although thats because my teeth are so jammed in together that when my ortho put the 4 metal bands on he was shoving down with both hands and still grunting with the effort. i have since had to have very complicated root canal in one of those teeth and in order to get it filled properly i have to get the band taken off for the filling & crown then put back on, which i am terrified of doing. i don't know how long this temporary filling is going to last but i hope its 2 years!
    i'm amazed at how fast my teeth move. i went from no gap in my front teeth to about a 2mm gap within a few hours after one of my visits. apparently they are constantly on the move which is why you usually need a retainer or something once your treatment is finished. my ortho said he is going to weld a wire to the back of my top teeth to hold them in place permanently.
    he's cheap at $2K for the whole treatment although he may be a bit dodgy, his office looks like a 70's brothel. he is very nice though so that is the main thing for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try Invisalign (perfect for adults) they are clear!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello again anyone with braces still around? Pridenjoy? Ive had mine for 9mths now my teeth are straight pretty much and now working on closing the open bite. I had mini screw manually screwed into my upper jaw to pull the teeth/jaw up to close the bite. I was awake when they pulled the screws in and even with numbing gel and 4 numbing needles each side i still felt the screw go in my bone. Was horrible. But worth it. This year has been so much more painful for me. ive even had my jaw widener sink into the roof of my mouth and the flesh grew over had to get it out and replaced.