+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had em when I was a teen and now my teeth are sh*t again and I refuse to smile. I will be getting my top 4 teeth ripped out next yr and false clip ons put in. Hopefully I can smile again and feel worthy.
    And YES, braces do HURT, I couldn't even eat 2 min noodles without crying.

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fuchsia! - Mine are costing $3920, and we do monthly payments of $220. That's quoted for 12 months of treatment. Orthodontists really do vary in price though, so I would recommend looking around and comparing.

Candy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Payment plan sounds good but being a single parent I am still not sure I could afford it, not until I return to work anyway.

But now the pain is scarring me, but I want to be able to smile.

But I thought once you had them, your teeth were good forever, seams I was mistaken. lol

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bexter, i contacted the dental assoc. and they told me about a scheme that runs through GP's. They work with your dentist and you can get it funded up to $4000. Maybe its something you could discuss with your Dr?

I spoke to my Dr today and she said there are a few hurdles to jump over before you can be eligable but it sounds like a good option. Perhaps ring your GP and see if they do that scheme and see if you are eligable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I will be looking into that tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ive never had a problem with pain, nothing that panadole wouldnt fix for me.

Depends how old you were when you had them, if you'd stopped growing & if your teeth have been braced.
    I had my 1st lot at 7, didnt last long but did the job. 2nd at 15-18, worked a charm till my wisdom teeth came threw. Now the bottom needs another go

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hoping that at my age 1 go will fix them.

I don't take panadol so I will just have to put up with the pain I guess. I am not sure if my wisdom teeth have come through yet, they gave me hell for years but haven't noticed them for a few years now

This is something I think I need to look into though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was meant to get braces in Year 8 when I was 13. I'm now 24 and still haven't had them.
    The reason for them was the tooth 3rd from my front one never came down after I lost it in primary school. They did an xray and it was going down into one of my roots. After telling me it would NEVER come down on its own, they told me I'd need a chain put on to bring it down and braces on to widen the gap for it to come down. 11 years later, and the tooth has come down part of the way by itself.
    Because I was so scared of the orthodontist, they were going to book me into day surgery to do it.

I can't stand the orthodontist. He tried taking my impressions and I freaked out (by the feeling of gagging) and broke his mirror

I have to overcome my fear of the orthodonist and toughen up and finally get braces on.
    I'll need my 3 (only have 3) wisdom teeth taken out before hand, as they come up and down all the time.

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not one for taking any pain medication either, but I couldn't not take it after I first got them put on. Then again, most people don't get a powerchain put straight on, along with having braces put on!

Oh Cromo, that sucks! I thought it was going to hurt getting braces put on, but it really isn't painful at all....a little uncomfortable because you have to have this mouth piece in to keep your mouth open and lips away from the teeth, but the actual process doesn't hurt.

A good friend of mine has to get a sedative prescirbed from the Dr. when he goes in for Dentist appt's as he has such a fear about them. I guess that's always an option, but you'd then need to have another responsible adult with you to drive you home etc...

I still have all of my wisdom teeth, they havn't come through but one of them did start cutting through a little about a month after I got my braces on. Not surprising really with all the movement. I'll need to get mine removed some time after my braces are off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In most cases...wisdom teeth need to be removed because they will just ruin what the braces have done. My wisdom teeth were smashed out when I was 12....just before I got my braces.