+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any adults with braces?

I've had mine on for almost 6wks. Would love to chat with other adults who currently have them on.

Mine are to fix overcrowding, open bite and small upper jaw palete.

We could have our own adult with braces group chat thing

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews

I've had mine for 5 months now! Feels like only yesterday I got them on...

I had overcrowding of the 4 front bottom teeth, an overbite and a gap between my two front teeth that I wanted closed.

How are you coping with the pain now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been years since I had them, I'm 31 now but I had them for 2 years when I was 24. But it was one of the best things I ever did. I love my smile these days and always get comments on how beautiful it is... It's a bit painful at times and bl##dy expensive but worth every cent in the long run.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @prideNJoy - the pain is mild. although I just had my first change of wire and bands on wednesday the 6th and that pain whilst they were removing and rethreading through and tightening was excruciating ...there's one side more tender then the other (that side needs more fixing) but I just eat on the less tender side and im fine.

How do you feel with the pain 5mths on? do you see much improvement? what sort of braces do you have? I have normal metal ones top and bottom.

It's sort of felt like forever but also felt fast lol

@kobismym - yes i cant wait till i can look back and it's just something ive done not something i am doing lol. you got your at my age. im 24 too. so i'll be 26 or 27 when they come off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep, ive had a plate for 4 years & need braces back on for the 3rd time once wisdom teeth come out to fix yet more crowding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had an adjustment on the 6th too!

I had a powerchain put on to close the rest of the small gap in between my two front teeth, and I got elastic bands that I now have to wear (they go from the bottom back bracket up to the top bracket) to start moving my top teeth back and in line with the bottom.
    Good thing is, the rubber bands can be removed to eat, brush teeth etc...

Because this is the second time I've had a powerchain on my top teeth, my gap closed in under two hours so I had to go back on Friday to get it taken off (as my front teeth started to overlap last time) and he used this wire to tie them together so they won't open again during the rest of the treatment.

I found I didn't have much discomfort with the removal and rethreading the first time....but the days after my first few adjustments I was in agony.

I think you'll find that in the first three/four months you'll see the biggest imporvements.
    I'm at the point where If I got my braces off now, I'd be totally happy with how they look.

Pain wise, I only have pain after an adjustment and it generally would last 2 or three days. I got used to eating on the less sore side or barely chewing my food at all!

I have metal on the bottom and clear on the top.

Are you finding that your wires get that bit too long and dig into your cheek yet? I really hated that....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am 24 and really need braces but I can not afford it, I am hoping I can put my name down and go on a waiting list once we move back to Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashy View Post
    Do you adults think they are worth it?

@pridenjoy, the clear ones, are they really that good and you can't see them? Do you have a picture?

I think there beyond worth it.

I had clear brackets from 15-18, than had clear colours on the brackets. Only way you could notice was that my mouth was full of metal from the bottom brackets being metal & the wire on the top.

By far better than metal top & bottom that i had before hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sashy, I think it really depends on how bad the problems are with your teeth, but I do think they are worth the money!

You can see the clear ones, they just arn't as noticeable as the metal....if you go to google images, there's heaps on pics. I do find that I have to be careful with what I eat, as the clear rubber bands that go around the brackets stain quite easily leaving them looking yellow or orange.

Bexter, most Orthodontists do payment plans if that makes any difference?

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    oh they sounds so painful

I really need some braces but so scared of the pain and the bill!

Can I ask how much they cost?