+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Loving all the fishy puns ladies!!!!

OP-This is why I refuse to go to Sizzler. Too many greedy people who have no manners or consideration for others! As other posters have said-all you can eat brings out the worst in people!

Mind you, I probably would have done the same thing and told my DH..or if I was really cranky would have made a comment about it loud enough for her to hear me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    "But the sign said 'all-you-can-eat.' "

Lol, thanks Homer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh, i would have simply gotten myself something else to eat and when they refilled that salad gone and gotten a serve.
    I try not to sweat the small stuff and dont allow myself to be affected by other peoples minor quirks.
    Lifes too short and no doubt there are more important things for me to focus my emotions on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it is rude to do it that way because the salad will not be replaced due to not being apparently diminished.

However, it is perfectly fine for her to load her plate up with the salad, go back to her table and just eat the prawns out of it and leave the plate of prawnless salad to be taken away by staff. That way the prawn salad at the buffet gets diminished and replaced by the staff.

I have always liked the seafood salad at Sizzlers and have the same complaint. People pick through for the seafood and just leave a bowl of celery behind.

They should take the celery as well; They don't have to eat it, just take it from the bowl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *gasps for air* this thread is too funny

to answer the original question I probably would have done the exact same thing I tend to tell hubby every little thing that I find hilarious, weird, rude etc and it dosen't matter how many times I say "Don't look now, no not now waiiii....." he still does it anyway

You should have said to the friend who made a remark am I herring you correctly? or do we have a prawn-blem? (my lame contribution lol)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by danni3 View Post
    You should have said to the friend who made a remark am I herring you correctly? or do we have a prawn-blem? (my lame contribution lol)!

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I'm always amazed that people are game enough to eat seafood from places like that.
    very strict shelf-life and food hygiene standards, and each store gets audited for that stuff every so often plus regular visits from the area manager. i'm very happy to eat anything off that bar now that i know a) how it's delivered b) how it's stored, labelled and rotated and c) a general idea of how a lot of it is prepared.
    the prawns are delivered frozen and as soon as they start to defrost, the clock is ticking. when they've been defrosting/defrosted for a certain amount of time, they get thrown out. simple as that. for things that come in frozen i think that's all of a couple of days? i'm not sure, i don't work in salad bar or hot side. everything gets tubbed and day dotted with expiries and shelf life and all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously who could pick through the seafood salad. It's all seafood lol. I get annoyed because there's never enough celery to crunch on. It's so weird, my parents catch fresh seafood on their boat every weekend and get oysters off the oyster farmers on the Pimpama. So I have all this beautiful fish, prawns, crabs, oysters and yummies at my disposal but I love the sizzler seafood salad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus_Lime View Post
    Prawns in a Caesar salad sounds wrong! Maybe she was fixing it (prob still useless post)
    THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who was feeling sick at the thought of garlic prawns in Caesar salad! I love both on their own but together just sounds yucky and trust me, I'm pregnant so I've tried some weird combinations!