+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Angry This is rude... Isn't it?????

Right so I know this is a little petty, but I have my knickers in a knot so humour me please

DH and I went to lunch today at Sizzlers with his brother and our children. It was the typical busy atmosphere etc etc.

So I went up to the salad bar and they had this cesar salad with garlic prawns (or something like that), and there was a woman there piling her plate up with the prawns from the salad. Seriously she was picking through the salad to find the prawns, even digging all the way down to the bottom until she had a huge pile of prawns on her plate. I just stood there and waited and waited until she was done. I was almost going to ask if she was planning to leave any prawns for other people but I bit my tongue.

Anyways I get some salad (no digging on my part lol) and head back to the table. I notice this woman is at the table behind me. I sat down and was quietly telling DH about it and him being subtly like he is glanced over at the woman who just so happened to be looking at him at the same time. She must have figured out what we were talking about because she picked up her plate and held it out to DH and asked 'Do you want to have a look do you?'. I was sitting with my back to this woman and didn't realise until afterwards what she had said to him. I was so tempted to turn around and say something, but I had DS sitting right beside me in his high chair and didn't want to create a scene infront of my kiddies. Anyway the other woman at her table then came back and she must have told her what happened and as she walked past me made a comment indirectly at me of 'get a grip'... Seriously how is it me that needs to get a grip? I never confronted the rude woman for what she did or say anything to her, she was the one that made a comment to my DH.....

Seriously is that rude or is it just me? I can't stand it when people do that at all you can eat places, I just think it is selfish. There are a lot more people there who will have to go without cause she decided to load her plate up with every last prawn from the salad?

Sorry I know this is so trivial but just her behaviour has really got me annoyed, if my children weren't there I would not have had an issue telling her what I thought

Thanks
    Reviews
    After my last thread I'm not even game to reply to this.. I'll just read!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be annoyed. And I hate it when people "confront", like that friend saying 'get a grip'. What I'd that solving? Would have totally ruined my night, I hope it didn't yours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is "all you can eat". Don't the service people come out and replace what has run out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's extremely greedy. Some people have the mentality of "well it's all you can eat, so I'll eat *ALL* of what *I* want" with no regard or consideration for others. I probably would of dobbed on her to a waiter or something, preferably with her in ear shot so she could see and hear what I was saying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's sizzler, I allways steal all the walnuts out of salads, mmm. Yummy.

And if someone said something at the table next to me, I'd probably laugh about it.

But I think it was rude of both of you. However i wouldn't want my eating habits scrutinised at a buffet, and I don't pay much attention to what other people are eating.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ha ha ha what a weirdo! Seriously that is beyond rude, that is just insane behaviour! What a crackpot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    It is "all you can eat". Don't the service people come out and replace what has run out?
    Zactly. And it costs enough to go there, get your moneys worth I say. If you enjoy prawns , well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    It's sizzler, I allways steal all the walnuts out of salads, mmm. Yummy.

And if someone said something at the table next to me, I'd probably laugh about it.

But I think it was rude of both of you. However i wouldn't want my eating habits scrutinised at a buffet, and I don't pay much attention to what other people are eating.
    Walnut stealer!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes but it's not 'all one particular guest can eat'.

Sure, in the larger scheme of things no it probably doesn't matter. But that would have had me seething and I'm afraid I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue!

I hate people who can only think of themselves