+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeh I had a scan at 28 weeks to check and fluid amount is classed as normal. So they've got me going for another scan at 34 weeks.
    But like I said to the doctor it can't be a very accurate way of determining bubs size as every woman carries different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcdougall View Post

Had my midwife appointment the other day and I've gained 3.9kgs at 31 weeks. Do you think it's likely for me to drastically put on like 15 kilos in these last weeks?
    Well done cmc on such a small weight gain!! You must be so proud of yourself, I would be You must be doing something right so I reckon if you stick to what you've done so far, you shouldn't put on 15 kgs more. Maybe expect a couple but not that much. I've put on 8 in 29 weeks and my Ob is super proud of me. It so helps when you have medical staff on your side

Mummabear is offline Gone.....and no doubt already forgotten
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mooray View Post
    i am thinking of when i see the doc asking for a dating scan, but then I thought i would check to see if that's possible being a bit larger, I would rather no scan than go through a horrible rude situation that i have heard others go through.. anyway just thought i would pick your brains..
    thanks in advance
    Hi Mooray. I had a dating scan with my first and they had trouble seeing anything via my tummy, so they did an internal ultrasound. Whilst it's not the most pleasant thing in the world it's not awful either, and we got to see the little bean & take his measurements. So even if they have some trouble seeing through your tummy there is another alternative xxx

I also quickly wanted to add that I have found target bras to be very generous in their sizing. I didn't get any maternity bras because there's just not enough support in them for me, but usually I wear an 18G when I buy any of the major brands, but with target I can comfortably wear a 20E which is quite a difference, but they fit well. Strange. Also, I've all but given up on finding maternity wear, both my previous pregnancies I just shopped as usual in the big section at target or kmart but went up a size or two in stretchy materials. I also used a belly belt so I could keep wearing all my normal pants and wore long singlet tops under everything to cover the belly belt. Maternity wear for larger women sucks. Even all the stuff online from the UK and the States looks like it's made fir 50 year old spinsters, so so ugly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WTK View Post
    Well done cmc on such a small weight gain!! You must be so proud of yourself, I would be You must be doing something right so I reckon if you stick to what you've done so far, you shouldn't put on 15 kgs more. Maybe expect a couple but not that much. I've put on 8 in 29 weeks and my Ob is super proud of me. It so helps when you have medical staff on your side
    Thankyou I think I just used to be a big grazer then when morning sickness came I just couldn't eat much and it's really made my appetite disappear, but I'm still eating whatever I want just not as much I guess so yeh rather proud of myself it's great you have the support! Your doing a great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, congrats on the small weight gain! That's very impressive! So in reality it is only the weight of the baby that you are gaining which is fantastic! And you haven't actually put on any at all! Which must be very exciting!

I wish I could be the same...I always put on alot of weight in the first three months (like 10kgs) then lose it all during the pregnancy...it's like the baby is gaining weight and I am losing it (due the little amount of food I can fit into my stomach or the baby sucking it all out of me! Haha) so thankfully I don't have to go up any sizes in my clothing just extend my wardrobe with the belly bands (which I think you will all agree is a LIFESAVER!) Since I wear only stretch anyway (its way more comfortable than fitted)

And yes Mummabear...the bigger maternity stuff is really ugly...like strange looking patterned fabric and gross parachute pants that do absolutely nothing to flatter skin tone or figure...I don't know what people are thinking when they design this stuff. I wish there was someone out there who liked to use plain colours and comfortable, breathable fabrics in NICE styles.

Just because we are bigger doesn't mean we like to completely cover our figures in ugly patterns! I wish they had some of the styles they create in Maternity for bigger sizes...like up to a 26 or something so everyone can enjoy them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Caszie87 For This Useful Post:

CMCandAmelia  (17-12-2010)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!

Well we have had two scans now and we are right on track at 8 weeks with a very strong heart beat. I am already starting to notice that my jeans are very tight across the lower abdo. VERY UNCOMFY....So track pants are pretty much it at the moment, until I can get to the shops and find some loose fitting pants that aren't as daggy as track pants hehe

My m/s has eased up alot, but not completely gone and it hits me alot harder at night. I am also suffering from shortness of breath pretty bad. I plan on speaking to the doc about this on Tuesday. I am so physically exhausted at the moment. I kind of feel like I have been hit by a truck....

I have been pretty worried about how much pain I will be feeling in my lower back. I had a pretty bad fall in September and I am going through physio atm and not much change just yet. I keep being told my weight doesn't help....UM I KNOW!!!!!! But then they told me I will most likely need a c-sec and there is no way a doc will even think about a spinal block with my back.... so they keep telling me I will be under a general..............I am so angry! I am disapointed.... I am so many things!!! If my stupid work fixed the roof, I wouldn't of slipped on the tiles and I wouldn't have all this pain and I wouldn't need to be knocked out completely for the birth of our first born child!! Hmmmmm Not ideal...but if thats how its going to be, then soooo be it! Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

WOW, sorry about the vent...It was only going to be a quick hello! lol I am such a dag!!

Hope everyone is well and all the bubs are well to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's perfectly okay! You're entitled to vent on here about! I'm sure other people can relate to your situation...having to do things a different way then what they planned!

happychick1385 is offline Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I got my on the 8th (CD31) and we are very excited to be expecting our second baby. I currently have a 10 month old little girl. Going by my LMP I've worked out my due date to be the 14th of August 2011.

No real major symptoms yet. Just been feeling really tired and have a bit of nausea, but no actual yet.

I'm bigger now than when I had my first baby and am a little apprehensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happychick1385 View Post
    Hi Ladies

I got my on the 8th (CD31) and we are very excited to be expecting our second baby. I currently have a 10 month old little girl. Going by my LMP I've worked out my due date to be the 14th of August 2011.

No real major symptoms yet. Just been feeling really tired and have a bit of nausea, but no actual yet.

I'm bigger now than when I had my first baby and am a little apprehensive.
    Congrats on you BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am due in late july, its nice having someone around due around the same time!!

Mummabear is offline Gone.....and no doubt already forgotten
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to come back and share some great news! When I fell pregnant I was wearing size 22 jeans. I'm now 3 months pregnant & have lost around 10kg so tried on an old pair of jeans tonight because all mine are too big & look awful. I fit into my old size 16 jeans (using a belly belt to fit my tummy in)!!!! I'm so excited because now I might actually be able to go to a "normal" shop and buy a pair of maternity jeans! I've heard great things about the Jeans West maternity jeans and they go up to a size 18 so I'm going to check them out tomorrow. Fingers crossed my old jeans aren't just a fluke & I don't walk out of the store completely disillusioned as usual!