+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, another overweight Mum-to-be here.

I'm at 10 weeks with my first. This was an unexpected bundle of joy, since I was losing weight before we were going to try.

I lost 54 pounds (24.5 kg) and then all of a sudden was starving and could not stick to my calories... hmmm... hello baby!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't help that all I crave is trans fats

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maternity Clothes and Bras

Hi all you gorgeous mums and bubs!

I hope everyone is doing well! It feels like so long since I've had the time to get online!

The last time I was on here was about 7 weeks ago and there's been much activity. Hi to all the new mums The first trimester can be such and up and down time - try to enjoy it!

I am 27 and a bit weeks now, having lots of kicks all day long, I often think I'll miss it when he finally makes his way out of my belly and into the world! I think I experienced bubs first bout of hiccups last night (well, ones that I could feel anyway) - what a strange sensation! It's all so exciting though! We had our scan re: clubfoot and got the all clear, I think that they just wanted to be certain as the resolution wasn't so clear the first time due to my extra buffer.

I wanted to ask if any of you have found a good place to buy plus size maternity clothes and especially maternity bras. As this is my first baby, I'm not really sure where to look, I've been looking online this morning only to find some very expensive options that don't look terribly supportive. I'm a 24DD at the moment, so I've no idea how big my boobs will get! Not too much bigger hopefully! I'm getting bigger around my belly now too and none of my clothes seem to be comfortable enough to wear all day long.. Which is incredibly frustrating.

Any advice would be so appreciated!

Also just a quick rant, did anyone in Queensland see 9 news last night? And they were going on about how overweight women were at much higher risk of GD and how overweight parents were going to produce overweight children and that this epidemic had to be stopped? What a load of BS. It makes me so frustrated. I hate being made to feel like just because I'm bigger means I'm going to make a terrible mother. So far, of all the things I've read and been told that I'd be higher risk for - none of them have happened - and not to be judgemental, but I'm a farside lot healthier looking than most of the women I see at our local hospital and haven't had any problems or issues with my weight with any of the health professionals I've seen since I've been pregnant. When I think about it now, the media played a huge part in how I was feeling about even getting pregnant in the first place, let alone in those first few months where just about everything made me feel guilty to be me. Not anymore though, I'm feeling great and strong and liberated and so proud of my ability to be pregnant and become a mother!

I hope you all are feeling great too, as you should be! Sending out lots of good vibes to you all and hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to interstellarburst For This Useful Post:

bekindtoyourself  (09-12-2010)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is very true...the media do play alot on how we feel! Not only are we constantly bombarded with images of these rake thin girls with their ribs showing they are now saying we a too fat to be good parents! I am really angry but what can you do?

I think all they mean is that children get used to seeing overweight parents and thinking it is healthy when really it is not...but it is not about size - as you get older I think it is - but before 45 I think being overweight is okay as long as you eat healthy...not everybody can be a size 8 or 6!!! And these days they class being a size 16 as obese! When did this happen?

Anyway maternity clothing...did you try target, big w, etc etc? I always find they have a very comfortable range and the bras are pretty supportive...although not sure if they carry your size. The ones with the clips in the corner for breastfeeding are the most comfortable as they have no underwire but still keep everything in place! However they have SIX hook sets at the back to allow for room to breath! And for expansion of any other areas! And if you're quite uncomfortable where as your tummy is now peaking out from the bottom of your shirt...bonds carry these Belly Bands which come in black and white and they will cover just your tummy and lengthen you shirts and cover any gap...also in stretch cotton. I am quite short so I fit into most of the stretch clothing in the XL sizes. I find though they carry some nice maternity clothing in the Bub2B range and they are very comfortable as they are stretch and give room for your stomach to grow! I am much bigger this time round and found myself wearing the maternity clothes at 5 months! Not 7 - 8 like last time! Which is a shame because now I think I need more than the three sets that I bought last time!

But don't stress too much...there are usually some great shops that only cater for maternity. You should be fine...just be patient and you will find some!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought some clothes from http://maternitywear.com.au/
    and a maternity bra from http://www.brastogo.com.au
    I've never seen my size in big w or target or anywhere like that. Not in maternity (I'm a 24c)
    they are a bit on the expensive side but they are comfy and good quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    old navy in the US have great mat clothes in largers sizes... I LOVE them they are on line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies!

I will definitely look into those options. Unfortunately Big W and Target etc just don't cut it with Maternity wear for bigger ladies.

Hope you're all feeling well! I am really struggling with how tired I've been feeling lately, it's getting me down a bit to be honest. It hasn't helped that I haven't seen sunshine for over a week and the forecast is rain rain rain for the next 10 days! Not that we don't need the rain, I should feel more grateful I suppose .

I had my GTT on Monday, I haven't heard anything from the hospital or my GP yet though so hopefully no news is good news.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope your test comes back with good news! I however have yet to take the test as I am only 25 weeks...another 3 weeks of waiting...fun fun fun. But I don't think I will have a problem with it. However I find that I am lacking appetite and am not sleeping well, I seem to wake up four or five times a night. The only cravings I am having now are for orange juice and chocolate! Tim Tams especially. Hmmm Yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I am new to this thread although when I had my first bub oc 09 I did stalk it. I am due with my 2nd in Aug. With my first i was 30kg lighter that now.. damint!!! anyway such is life! I have read a bit about overweight affecting the scans and not being able to see everything etc, I didn't have that with my first. But I am due at the docs next week for first appointment and I would like a dating scan because me and dh are both tall and when we had our first scan at 20 weeks, they refused to listen to my dates because the baby was bigger (has nothing to do with dh being 6'7 they said.. sure sure). anyway so i am thinking of when i see the doc asking for a dating scan, but then I thought i would check to see if that's possible being a bit larger, I would rather no scan than go through a horrible rude situation that i have heard others go through.. anyway just thought i would pick your brains..
    thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had no problem with dating scans I had two hehe 5w2d and 10w3d all pretty clear and could see anything. I wouldn't worry too much just make sure you drink the full amount of water to push Bub as forward as possible. Congratulations also

Had my midwife appointment the other day and I've gained 3.9kgs at 31 weeks. Do you think it's likely for me to drastically put on like 15 kilos in these last weeks?

And talking of measuring ahead all my scan measurements have been spot on with my dates but the physical measurement they do I keep measuring 4 weeks ahead. :S???