+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Bump
    Sorry to barge into this thread, but anything you want to share @LoveLivesHere? :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Sorry to barge into this thread, but anything you want to share @LoveLivesHere? :-D
    Yes. This thread :P

Just bumping for someone that asked in another thread.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Yes. This thread :P

Just bumping for someone that asked in another thread.
    I was trying to find it too 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. My BMI is 33 but I wear size 12 - 14 so although I feel fine, I'm slightly worried the doctor is going to give me a hard time at my appointment tomorrow. I had an eating disorder as a teenager but all oka now, but went to the doctors a while ago for something completely unrelated and she told me "you need to lose 10kg. No children. No excuse." I left, cried and avoid doctors at all costs now. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have had an ultrasound etc, so doing wha5 I have to, but why do doctors have to be so nasty / full on??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry you feel like that. Some doctors are a bit tough love. I know my ob is like that and she weighs me at every appt and harangues me if I gain more than I should. I'm 30wks now and have gained 6 kg so far. According to her I should have only gained 5-7kg in total so she is not impressed.

But I admire and like her as a doctor and she is very good at her job. Just zero bedside manner.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a horrid way to tell you that - bit rough!
    Not all drs are like that - I'm pregnant with #2 (25wks) & had a bmi of 41 at the start of both pregnancies - not had anyone bring up my weight except in reference to it automatically classing me as high risk for GD. And that was delivered in a very nice manner. I haven't actually been asked my weight aside from the initial appointment.

Good luck for your app tomorrow & your pregnancy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet85 View Post
    Hi. My BMI is 33 but I wear size 12 - 14 so although I feel fine, I'm slightly worried the doctor is going to give me a hard time at my appointment tomorrow. I had an eating disorder as a teenager but all oka now, but went to the doctors a while ago for something completely unrelated and she told me "you need to lose 10kg. No children. No excuse." I left, cried and avoid doctors at all costs now. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have had an ultrasound etc, so doing wha5 I have to, but why do doctors have to be so nasty / full on??
    Yeah I don't mind people being to the point if I trust them but unfortunately I've never found a doctor I like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Dragon View Post
    What a horrid way to tell you that - bit rough!
    Not all drs are like that - I'm pregnant with #2 (25wks) & had a bmi of 41 at the start of both pregnancies - not had anyone bring up my weight except in reference to it automatically classing me as high risk for GD. And that was delivered in a very nice manner. I haven't actually been asked my weight aside from the initial appointment.

Good luck for your app tomorrow & your pregnancy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm glad you've had good experiences. Fingers crossed I'm just being dramatic. I think I just have to remember they're just doing their job and will move on to the next person (was told the other day my doctor sees 50 patients a day!!)
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please shop around till you find a health care provider that suits you. It's important you have someone you like and trust. Unfortunately as I work in healthcare I know more dodgy docs than nice ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I am 24w4d pregnant and my BMI is a massive 54! :-(
    I am really worried that the pressure of my stomach fat will squash my baby! I know that the uterus is a muscle and its strong, but will the weight push down on my uterus and squash bubs?! :-(