+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaterhouse View Post
    Wow DT. What an effort. 30kg!!! I wish I could be that focused. Congratulations on your pregnancy and well done on staying focused and working with your doctor. Wishing you a safe, uneventful pregnancy.
    Thanks. It was very difficult, but I feel so much better. If I never put it on again, I will be happy. But if I can get some more off, that would be great too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sahithya View Post
    Overweight during pregnancy,there might be some risks.One is the risk of suffering from preeclampsia.
    Most women who are overweight suffer from high blood pressure.
    Low BP and premature birth are also the other risks associated with being overweight in pregnancy.
    It's not true that most women who are overweight have high blood pressure. There is an increased risk, but not most.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls.
    I am lying here awake worrying about my appt with my obgyn tomorrow. It's incredibly silly but, at the follow up appt after my daughter was born he told me to lose weight before the next one. This little bean was a complete surprise and I have not lost any weight at all.
    Probably just craziness, over thinking things... my husband thinks I am a nutbag lol

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaa View Post
    Hi girls.
    I am lying here awake worrying about my appt with my obgyn tomorrow. It's incredibly silly but, at the follow up appt after my daughter was born he told me to lose weight before the next one. This little bean was a complete surprise and I have not lost any weight at all.
    Probably just craziness, over thinking things... my husband thinks I am a nutbag lol
    *hugs* it will be ok.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

victoriaa  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I need to join this. My bmi is 29 and according to my ob I'm morbidly obese.

Currently 4mths and I'm already on the GD diet. I didn't get GD or PE with my previous pregnancies but I'm heavier this time.

Feeling a little sorry for myself.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to give some of you girls a big huge hug, some "professionals" out there are just awful!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Overweight during pregnancy,there might be some risks.One is the risk of suffering from preeclampsia.
    Low BP and premature birth are also the other risks associated with being overweight in pregnancy.
    This isn't supportive or helpful to any of the ladies in this thread.

I hope you ladies in here are feeling alright. Please don't let others or doctors make you feel bad. I was "obese" while pregnant with my DD and had zero complications. It wasn't ideal to be so overweight while pregnant but I told myself that there was no point getting upset over it as what's done is done.

Great big hugs xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you overweight or pregnant? If not, this post and the way you delivered it is so not appropriate.

People who aren't overweight are at risk of these things too-I didn't get pre-e last pregnancy, nor did my blood pressure go high or low and my birth was a day late!

Funny, my friends who were/are pregnant-three who have always been slim got GD, another two got pre-e, another one just recently is at risk of delivering early because of her 'rough pregnancy' and none of these women are overweight yet me-at 50kgs overweight for my height-had an uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery. Stop scare mongering.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (18-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BS and back off. My high risk OBS said he sees more skinny people with GD overweight people. The only people I know with high BP have been a range of everyone.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (23-04-2015),Mamasupial  (18-04-2015)