+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I don't. I'm going to call round and get all their info pack to try and make a decision who to go with

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh good all the obstetrician offices I called round to acted like I was asking the weirdest question about bmi cut offs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Bump

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really overweight. I never lost my previous baby weight which turned into breastfeeding weight then just fat and now I am pregnant. So nervous that this is going to immediately make me high risk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard not to worry. And the extra checks can feel a little confronting! I was high risk because of my weight being over 35bmi combined with being an IVF pregnancy. I think I might have been treated differently if it was just the weight. There were lots of high BMI patients that were allowed to be under midwives but I had to be under an ob because of the ivf too. Good luck and wishing you an uncomplicated pregnancy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

baleineetveaux  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask were you allowed a natural birth? My girlfriend was advised to get an epidural so if she needed a c-section they wouldn't have to struggle to find the spot...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a bmi over 35, was deemed high risk, had no complications during pregnancy and delivered naturally. I did have to see the aneasthetist (?), I think so they could make sure they would be fine to do epidural if needed in any situation. I had an epi for labour and Dr got it in first go, yet my step sister who is half my size, it took her Dr 8...yes 8!!!! Goes at getting her epidural in. Speak to your care provider if you are at all concerned though, it's why we have them

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospital believed in trial by labour. They wanted me to try natural birth and only escalate to c-section if I needed to. As it happened I was induced at 40 weeks (for IVF reasons) and my body didn't cooperate so I ended up with an epi and c-section for 'failure to progress'. I may be wrong but I think it had more to do with early induction than weight. As 1st time shows you can have a successful birth no matter what your weight. I think it depends on your ob's attitude towards it all whether they encourage you one way or another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bmi is over 35 too and I have had two natural births. I was induced both times due to blood pressure just starting to go a bit higher. Both times one dr who saw me early on (same dr) said an epi would be useful if my bp was too high in labour but it was never suggested on the day as it stayed within control for my fairly quick births once induction was under way. I was unable to do midwife care during pregnancy instead seeing a gp with obstetric training (not an obstetrician).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey ladies. sticking my head back in here. i dropped in in 2010/2011 when i was last pregnant...and I'm now back again!!

I managed to lose 25kgs before falling preg...and started this pregnancy 12kgs lighter than my last one. I'm currently 13 weeks and have gained a few already. I'm also hoping to avoid high bp like i got first time at 24weeks and needed medication to control it until ds was born.

The first trimester was very unkind... nausia i controlled with maxalon...no vomiting but i totally couldn't stomach water fruit or veggies and had extreme fatigue so ended up gaining a few kgs...

I'm hoping now the weather improving and i get my energy back....can already feel a difference... ill start walking like i was before i fell preg and maintain my current weight...or limit the gain to only nessecary gain.

I'm also hoping for a vbac too... my gp is very anti vbac and tells me evvery appointment...ds was a csect so i should have another. but ill be birthing out of town as we don't have the staff at our hospital which has great facilities to try vbac.. the hospital I'm going too.. according to my gp seem very welcoming of vbacs as he said they will tell me i can try but should refuse. i can't see them until 20 weeks to get more info... in the meantime... ill be researching vbacs like crazy...and vbacs with high bmi...and possibly high bp.