+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Overweight and Pregnant #4

Oh Jacqui you are not pathetic. You have a beautiful new life growing and forming inside you, there is nothing pathetic about that!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your kind words. I'm finding this pregnancy thing full of emotional rollercoasters. I feel like I'm on the verge of losing many friends because they can't keep up with my moods. I have Been suffering depression since 08 and I just don't think my emotional health is great right now. I know that I'll get it together.: but it will probably be after march when bub is born. Thank you for your support. I'm sure if I took pictures I'd probably see the bump, but right now I'll just keep waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I come across this thread a few days ago after lurking around the bub hub forums the last week or so. I am currently 16 + 3 wks pregnant with our second baby (my first ... My partner carried our first little boy). I am approx 121kgs at this stage, pre preg I was 123kgs. I would love to join this group as you all seem really supportive and friendly.

I was saddened to read that many of you have had negative experiences with the medical profession so far. Thankfully I have only had a positive journey (as far as the medical professionals are concerned) so far. I hope it continues that way. I am going public through the Royal Women's in Melbourne so I expect it won't all be smooth sailing.

So far my pregnancy has been a mixture of a few high's but more low's. I have had a retroplacental haemotoma which has most likely been the cause of constant spotting and some light bleeds the past 5 weeks or so. Unfortunately this has had a negative impact mentally and emotionally, however our baby is tracking beautifully as of our last scan 1week ago so I am starting to feel somewhat healthier mentally and emotionally this week which has been nice.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and congrats to all you lovely ladies who are pregnant, and best of luck to those that are currently ttc.

Thanks,
    Trace

Thanks
    Reviews
    And even though I am big I never had any problems with my last pregnancy and this one seems about the same. Though my son was so big ( a whopping 10 pound 3 ounces!) they made me have that glucose test thing to check for diabetes but I was fine. I also know a girl on the other end of the scale she was so small and skinny they thought she was starving her baby and one of the people at work commented on her being so small at 8 months they rudely said her baby would come out deformed! I was horrified when I heard that. She has given birth and her and her baby are perfectly healthy!
    When I was pregnant with DD, my starting weight was 53kgs, and I was 175cm tall. Tall and skinny, and I stayed in normal clothes till 6-7ish months. I always had people ask me when I was due, or how far along I was, so I would tell them (when I should have said MIND YOUR BUSINESS) and a few people would stare at my bump and be all "Are you sure?"
    There was also one OB and midwife who I felt were making a big deal out of my weight and bump measurements being small, which made me feel pretty guilty. Was I not eating enough? Did I need more KFC in my life? I hadn't even had bub and I was failing as a parent!
    Whenever I went out family and friends were trying to force feed me, as I was eating for two AND YOU NEED TO EAT UNTIL YOU EXPLODE obviously. I hated this idea that I was depriving my daughter of nutrients.
    Then when I was tucking into a big bowl of pasta, DD's father was all "I know you're supposed to eat for two, but JESUS!"
    Happily, he is now an ex.

I don't want to come across as gloaty, or make anyone feel bad. That's not my intention. And I'm not moping about how hard it was (yes, was, now I'm normal/ bigger than normal, whatever normal is) being on the other end of the scale... I just want to point out that for some reason, some people have this ridiculous obsession with size. Mostly it's ugly when you're larger then their ideal of normal, but it can manifest even when you're on the other end of the scale.

Oh shaz77, I'm so sorry someone treated you like that. I really hope you'd write a letter of complaint to the hospital about that, or request to never have to deal with her again.

The nurses and midwives board of NSW states on their website that:
    Registered nurses, registered midwives and enrolled nurses are expected to maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct. Should a registered or enrolled nurse or midwife fail to maintain the expected standard of professional conduct, then a complaint may be lodged concerning that nurse or midwife.

The Nursing Code of Conduct states that:
    1. Nurses practise in a safe and competent manner.
    (telling you to starve: neither safe nor competent.)
    4. Nurses respect the dignity, culture, ethnicity, values and beliefs of people receiving care and treatment, and of their colleagues.
    (She did NOT respect your dignity AT ALL. Making you strip, especially when there was a male nurse around? Making you feel so c*ap after your appointment with her?)
    6. Nurses provide impartial, honest and accurate information in relation to nursing care and health care products.
    7. Nurses support the health, wellbeing and informed decision making of people requiring or receiving care.
    (Doing this would be no more then a few quick questions to make sure you're not drinking eight cans of V a day and living off KFC. But these are questions a nurse should ask of everyone.)
    8. Nurses promote and preserve the trust and privilege inherent in the relationship between nurses and people receiving care.
    (She did not make you feel comfortable. She did nothing to try and gain your trust.)
    9. Nurses maintain and build on the community’s trust and confidence in the nursing profession.
    10.Nurses practise nursing reflectively and ethically.

So yeah. She was way out of line, that woman was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Not sure if anyone is still lurking around is this thread.
    Just wondering if anyone safely lost weight throughout their pregnancy.

I am starting my second pregnancy still carrying an extra 8/10 kilos left over from my first baby. Before I realized I was pregnant I was eating healthy and daily exercise and was losing weight just wondering if I continue to do this at least untill 12 weeks and maybe lost a few extra kilos- is this safe?

thoughts?

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No one should diet in pregnancy as long as you are eating plenty of all the healthy stuff then dropping weight from ms etc is fine.

Just don't starve yourself there is a reason weight watchers no longer have a pregnancy program

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Everyone. I'm so happy I came across this thread. Everyone seems so lovely and supportive. I have one DD who is 15 months. I was 80kgs when I fell with her and got up to 100. I am now 88kgs about a size 16 and really struggling with loosing weight and found out I am pregnant again yay! I'm worried about the reception I'm going to get when I go to the doctors... If my BMI is over 35 they won't let me deliver in my local hospital as its classifieds as 'low risk'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome kez and good luck! I hope you get a nice doctor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Im now in my 7th month, its exciting but at the same time challenging and even before I was pregnant, I always had a fear of being overweight and my baby as well. especially now that I have been having sweet cravings for the last months even if Im not a sweet tooth person. Control is so hard to do especially with regards to food, I was going through sites and I found this site http://mybabybrilliant.com/blog/unca...s-of-immunity/ that really helped me a lot to understand more about pregnancy, it may also be useful to you guys so I just want to share.

Thanks (^_^)
    Last edited by Amelia Beazley; 11-04-2013 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted on here a couple times about my concerns and such about being overweight and pregnant. Well I'd like to announce that I gave birth naturally (with help of forceps) to my DS two weeks ago. A very healthy 7pound 13 ounces. My weight didn't cause any issues with delivery, and the epidural was easily done, but unfortunately didn't work right at the end. One leg numb and the other not! Lol. Anyway it's all done and dusted, now the real work begins. So to all those overweight mums, don't worry about it. Some of us can have normal pregnancies and normal births too! :-)