+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1984 View Post
    Thanks for sharing!! Do you mind me asking if you had trouble ttc??
    No I didn't. I wasn't actually trying to get pregnant. I had been told I had PCOS and falling pregnant would be more difficult for me. I had irregular periods and some of the other symptoms associated with PCOS, yet the ultrasound didn't show anything on my ovaries. So I sort of put the irregularities down to my weight. I had been with dad to be almost two months, and fell pregnant on my second cycle. It did make dating a bit tricky until my first ultrasound, and I was wrong with them, as I expected. (Bit hard when sometimes I skip a month or even two!). I was late for my second period but I knew sometimes I skipped, but just had this funny feeling that something was different. Took a test and yep, two lines!

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I vent!!!!!!!!

I went to Hervey Normal to buy an expensive lush Lazy Boy. Instead of a nursing chair and stool from baby bunnings etc. I wanted somthing more snuggly and comfy.

When I got there we shose one out it was $900 (utterly expensive and omg comfy). As ussual we asked 'whats the best you can do on this for cash'. The sales man in HORROR looked at me and asked 'is it for you'???

I said yes it is im having a baby and I will be using it as a nursing chair instead of the traditional type etc.

He SAID "Oh Your too FAT for this chair" "If YOU SIT IN IT, it WILL more than likely COLLAPSE".

My husband gave the man dagger eyes, and I excused myself and said I had to check on somthing in the car outside (a lie to get away).

REALLY I am 95 kilos at the moment I know im over weight always have been, 95 kilos FFS is NOT going to break a lazy boy chair!!!!!!!! I was so hurt and sad, and in shock that someone said that to me. I didn't buy a thing, went hope with nothing but a Weiss ice cream in my hand!

I emailed them a short letter last night about what had happened, so they know what an AH they have in their employ. Even their Santa Clause yesterday was chubby so whats the fat hate about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Overweight and Pregnant #4

Omg that's disgraceful! How incredible rude and uncalled for. Who is he to make judgements about you?

I'd be making a massive fuss and calling for a apology face to face.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It is such a shame that people are so insensitive and outright rude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg!! That is absolutely discraceful!! I hope you write to Harvey Norman (Hardly Normal!). This behaviour is completely unexeptable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg how rude. Id be writing a formal complain to them! How dare they!

Im 125kgs and pregnant .. Most people just look at me like i ate to much maccas but I dont care. No one elses business but mine. I have no sugar issues etc. Im otherwise quite healthy. I just carry alot of weight.

How dare someone make a comment like that. Im nasty. I would have stood there and fired back at him.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Overweight and Pregnant #4

It's possible that the employee is dissatisfied with his job & meant the comment to reflect the poor quality of stock at Hardly Normal... however, still absolutely inexcusable. I would have roared like hell & complained to the manager. I used to work in retail management & never would have tolerated such bad behaviour from my staff!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Overweight and Pregnant #4

In a brighter note to that a$$hole! I just went shopping for maternity bathers which I could not find! And this lovely young.. About 16 year old girl working in target suggested I goto moda in target section as I'd have more room for my belly but go down in a section! She was so helpful!! I might even ring the store and praise her ! She made bathers shopping a great experience!!!

I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying there pregnancy! I'm 20 weeks on Friday and have physio today at the hospital for a bit of exercise. I can't wait!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bump

I'm 25 weeks exactly today, and still not showing. Not even a little bit. I can feel the bump, feel the kicks (inside and out) but still just look like a fat person. I'm 137kgs and feel pathetic. I'm so jealous of all these pregnant women out there that have these beautiful bumps and I'm just fat. A girl I know posted a picture on Facebook of her bump and she's only 13weeks!! She is showing more than me and she's almost half as far as long as I am. It's so heartbreaking. I just want to cry. No one would even know I was pregnant unless I told them. I'm so pathetic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear beautiful Jacqui,

a) your not pathetic
    b) fat... well love we all have some weight issue here
    c) one way you might want to look at it is that you have a secret bump
    d) I weigh 45 kilos less than you, and my bump started showing when I was 6 months preggy. I just know your beautiful bump will emerge eventually.

Please dont think your pathetic in anyway, your a beautiful woman and your having a little baby. Your making a miracle and us miracle workers dont need to add to our own stress. After the babys born if you still feel the same way, maybe try some motivational therapy. I am a provisional psychologist at uni, and have found that that type of therapy works really well with my clients but go figure I cant give myself therapy lol! *hugs* Feel free to inbox me. And instead of feeling crap, think of other ways to look at it.

You feel fat and you cant see your bump,
    a) miracle worker
    b) your body works well because you can have a baby
    c) you can always try to lose the weight after bubs born
    d) you can feel the magical kicks

Sending you love xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Overweight and Pregnant #4

Try not to worry jacqui. I was just a bit lighter than you when i fell pregnant. I wa s wearing my normal jeans at 20 weeks, done up!

I never thought I showed... until I look at my pics.. Around 24 weeks my shape changed, if I wore certain clothes it was obvious from about 28 weeks. My pics from 32 weeks show clearly a bump.

However, 5 weeks before I gave birth, I seen an aquaintance who I was sure knew I was utd.... when she seen me pushing a pram with capsule she asked whos baby it was, when I said mine...she almost fell over.

I know how you are feeling.... Everyone else gets cute bumps and our extra tyres just get harder. Don't be harsh on yourself. You will start showing very soon!

Once you hold your bubba though, the worry of not having a bump disappears very quickly! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!