+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Overweight and Pregnant #4

Hi Tracy how much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking? Before becoming utd and now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Only new to the forum and only just found this thread. I am currently overweight and am pregnant with our 5th child. I have actually been overweight for all of my pregnancies and have had no complications at all and have stayed GD free. No one has ever mentioned to me that I was classed as high risk because of my weight until the gp that i have now. That and its also my 5th baby. It annoys me a bit because I dont believe that my weight has anything to do with me birthing my babies (and i have done all my children naturally/pain relief free!). I'm still active each day and I eat healthily. I'm trying to get in to see the OB at the hospital atm, it will be interesting to see what they have to say about it.
    Anyway i look forward to getting to know you ladies more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies. I'm new to bubhub and I came accross this thread. After trawlinng through pages, i'm so glad to see i'm not alone when it comes to the worries and concerns about being overweight and pregnant. I'm 14 wks and 140kgs. I had my first appointment at the antenatal clinic when i was 12 weeks as my gp said she couldn't look after me because of my weight. When I went in there, they went on and on about my weight and then placed me in the high risk clinic because i have a high BMI. I left the appointment feeling like such a failure! They want me to go on a low gi diet (which is fine as most of the things i would eat anyway). I cried all day long. My poor boyfriend didn't know what to do. I felt so guilty in eating a can of tomato soup. every spoonful was like torture. After talking to a friend i was able to settle down and try to enjoy this pregnancy. My next apointment at the clinic was MUCH better. the OB/GYN i seen the second time was lovely. I had a quick ultrasound and everything looks great.

My boyfriend (and daddy of bub) is looking forward for me having a bump, but i'm to scared to tell him that he probably isn't going to see much of a bump because of the weight. I'm really sad that i wont have that beautiful bump that most women get. Just this weekend when i told someone i was pregnant, this guy turned around and said "Oh you must be about to drop". When i said i was only 14 weeks, he turned around and says "oh your a big girl then". I was so sad and ANGRY!

I'm really overwhelmed with the whole thing. I feel like a failure and I just wish i could have a "normal" pregnancy. But i guess things don't always go to plan.

Anyway, sorry for going on and on! just wanted to say thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquiJJ View Post
    Hi Ladies. I'm new to bubhub and I came accross this thread. After trawlinng through pages, i'm so glad to see i'm not alone when it comes to the worries and concerns about being overweight and pregnant. I'm 14 wks and 140kgs. I had my first appointment at the antenatal clinic when i was 12 weeks as my gp said she couldn't look after me because of my weight. When I went in there, they went on and on about my weight and then placed me in the high risk clinic because i have a high BMI. I left the appointment feeling like such a failure! They want me to go on a low gi diet (which is fine as most of the things i would eat anyway). I cried all day long. My poor boyfriend didn't know what to do. I felt so guilty in eating a can of tomato soup. every spoonful was like torture. After talking to a friend i was able to settle down and try to enjoy this pregnancy. My next apointment at the clinic was MUCH better. the OB/GYN i seen the second time was lovely. I had a quick ultrasound and everything looks great.

My boyfriend (and daddy of bub) is looking forward for me having a bump, but i'm to scared to tell him that he probably isn't going to see much of a bump because of the weight. I'm really sad that i wont have that beautiful bump that most women get. Just this weekend when i told someone i was pregnant, this guy turned around and said "Oh you must be about to drop". When i said i was only 14 weeks, he turned around and says "oh your a big girl then". I was so sad and ANGRY!

I'm really overwhelmed with the whole thing. I feel like a failure and I just wish i could have a "normal" pregnancy. But i guess things don't always go to plan.

Hi Darl. I hope you are feeling better now! People are really just very nasty sometimes - the luck of the draw really with who you have to deal with. Im currently 115kgs and ttc - no luck so far! Fingers crossed it happens soon! Dont let anyone get you down about your pregnancy - its all about the baby at the end anyway, so keep on keeping on!! I hope everything goes well for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi jacqui,
    dont despair of having a bump! i was 130 when we fell and assumed the same - but i could tell by 16 weeks my tummy was different. am now 35 weeks and have a massive bump!
    everyone is different and even smaller ladies can have hardly any bump - its all todo with physiology and your uterus and bubs position.
    Yes some drs are crap. they just are. there are plenty of healthy bigger pg women ( and somelovely ones on here) so ignore those bozos and enjoy what you are experiencing!
    No pg is "normal", everyone is going to have different things happen and experience. Yours will be normal for you :-)

Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquiJJ View Post

I been there (4 pgs over 150kgs). Try and keep as positive as you can. Maybe ask for a referral to the hospital dietitian if you worrying about what to eat for your and bubs needs and your taste's. They are great they work you and help you with any craving etc you have working into a realistic meal plan etc..
    If you ever want to chat you can pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies! I'm new to this part ofthe forum as I only found out I was pregnant yesterday.
    It's so sad to hear how much trouble some doctors give women for being overweight and pregnant I haven't yet had to weigh in, and although some of you will probably consider ne to be light because of my height (160cm) I still have a BMI oover 30. I've lost about 6kg over the last 2 months and this was actually a surprise pregnancy right in the middle of my weightloss plan! But im over the moon only around 5 weeks in so early days. Have any of you been told healthy ways to lose weight whilst pregnant? I obviously don't want to do anything to harm my baby but I'd like to be in a healthier weight range for the birth too..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I've been lurking in here for a little while reading your stories and it got me really worried.
    This is my third pregnancy.
    I'm much bigger now than when i had my last child 7 years ago.

The differences i see and experience aren't great sometimes.

Ive had to have 2 internal scans as the scan girl claimed she couldn't see anything due to excess belly fat.

I was told by a locum that i should be a high risk pregnancy as my BMI is over 33 and people like me should be seen as high risk and she just kept going on and on and on about my weight.

Then the midwives tried to worry me by saying and listing all the things that can hinder pregnancy or procedures due to being overweight, and i just love how they assume you eat nothing but McDonald's all day!

So i was given a diet, which consisted of a grilled cheese piece of toast for breakfast (YUK) and told i would have to see a dietician.
    Ok, no problem i thought.
    I do eat healthily, and maybe the dietician can give me some tips, as by this time i was worried I'd be kicked out of the hospital!!
    But there was no way i was following their disgusting diet, and my doctor was very surprised of what it consisted of!

On my recent visit to my doctor, i told him of my concerns.
    He assured me there is no way they can refuse me for being any weight, as our nearest other hospital is 4 hours away.
    Ive also prev. had a baby in this hospital and there are alot of overweight people in this area, and i mean alot, so i kind of knew i shouldn't be stressing.
    He weighed me and i have lost 1 kilo since February, insert laugh here lol, but at least i haven't gained, im 123kgs.

But, i must say, it really is horrible how much i am discriminated against now i am overweight and an "older" mum, im 36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't you just wish you could say ... "Shut the eff up and do your damn job!" My GP has been really good ... at 5'3 and 110kgs I'm obese according to BMI. BUT I'm healthy. Good blood pressure, no diabetes etc. My doctor said there's no reason I should be considered high risk (I worried about that) ..I have also been worrying about whether I will get that bump .. at 8 weeks 5 days I still have some time to go so here's hoping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah i havent got anything wrong with me either, besides being classed as obese.
    My 12 week scan did come back and make me high risk for downs..and im pretty sure my weight had alot to do with that as all the measurements were fine otherwise, but we got that all cleared up, and you will get the bump!!
    Im 19 weeks and although i look about 9 months haha i am showing!!