+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Overweight and Pregnant #4

Hi meld85! I'm the same weight as you and currently ttc! No ones really replies in here for ages! How old are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi im 27 - didnt realise this was a forgotten thread. Been trying to work up the courage to post for ages. So embarrassed to even type the words

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Overweight and Pregnant #4

Hey bubbles and meld
    I am 90kg and 33 weeks pregnant ... super super embarrassed cos that means iv put on 20 kg since being pregnant... super scared I wont lose the weight...
    Good luck with ur journeys

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miss Tashy,

How exciting 33 weeks not long to go!!! Im sure you will be fine with your weight after your bubba is born.I think breastfeeding really helped me but my son did not take to it and I think that was how I put so much more back on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I haven't posted on this thread before but just saw Meld85's question about plus size maternity wear. I don't really know what size I am these days as I lost 24kg before falling pregnant. Am now 26weeks pregnant and have managed to only put on about 2kg. I think I weigh about 114kg at the moment. I recently bought two pairs of maternity shorts from maternitywear.com.au. They are so comfy I think I might continue to wear them after bub is born if they still fit ok!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 12roses For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Overweight and Pregnant #4

Hi 12roses! May I ask if you've had any complications with your pregnancy due to your weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles! No, I haven't had any complications with my pregnancy to the point that the local hospital said that I was low risk and could continue to see my GP for check ups until much later in pregnancy. I think at something like 36 weeks I'll start seeing the midwives at the hospital again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Each pregnancy is different. But I would always watch what I eat at take time to keep my body fit daily. And oh yah, rub oils and praying that the stretch marks be minimal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

I’m relatively new here, though not necessarily new at this. This is my third pregnancy, but I currently have 1 beautiful child. I was already overweight upon my first pregnancy. Which was not like me, I was a gym buff, still am actually. But sometimes things get in the way. So what got in the way? Well my mother was ill, and then passed away just before I got to tell her I was pregnant. Then I lost pregnancy # 1. I began to lose the weight quickly then came pregnancy #2. During the pregnancy despite not eating a lot I put over 40 kilos, yes over. It took 1.5 years to take it all off. The first 6 months of which was relative easy as some of it was fluid and I was breast feeding.

Now we’re at pregnancy #3 and again over weight. I’m going to the gym. But does it make a difference? No! However, at the moment though I’m regarding myself as lucky, as I have managed to maintain for the time being. Granted I’m only 8 weeks pregnant, but to look at me you would think I’m 5 months in. The joys of it not being the first. So here I am joining in to give support to others like me, who are overweight and Preggy. Congrats to you all, I hope your pregnancies going quickly and pleasantly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing this thread has made me feel so much better. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and for the first time on Friday was told that because i'm overweight, I can't give birth at my local hospital. The staff were rude and patronising and i've spent the better part of 3 days in tears, feeling like a fat, useless failure...so ashamed and embarrassed.
    It's so good to see other women having similar issues. I'm fit, healthy and an having a perfectly normal pregnancy, so why they feel it's ok to treat me this way I don't know.
    I'm all for being safe and minimising risks at the birth, but I've had plenty of slim friends face very difficult complications and plenty of overweight friends who have had normal, natural births.
    One thing is certain, I'm not going to let them spoil what should be an amazing time of my life.