+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Shaz77 OMG! *hugs* PLEASE put in a complaint to the hospital. God I was teary reading how they treated you. Your a lovely mamma to be and so what if your a bit chubby, im super chubby. And its not easy for all women to lose the weight, and I dont think its a great time to start doing radical diets! PLEASE inbox me! Id love to stay in touch xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I just read more stories from you all, why are people so cruel to us larger ladies? It's really nasty. Today on the train I was standing as there were no seats and a larger lady wanted to sit down and she was pregnant as well to top it off. In the pegnant and disabled seat were 2 young guys beer in hand, I was glaring at them so bad I tell you what this lady was about to pop, she must have been 8 months + They didn't move. Finally she asked them and I watched, they said love your not pregnant thats fat and laughed.
    I swear they regretted saying that after I started shooting off my mouth at them in her defence!

So far I have had no problems with my weight, just the PCOS I have had since i was 16 or 17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any issues yet with my pregnancy due to my weight and I am 20w +4d. It is getting harder on the train as I travel 45 mins home after an exhausting day at work and most of the time I have to stand. I think I am showing considerably, but then again I can see how others might just see me as "fat".
    Scans they have all been great about the weight and my OB too, might be different if I went public and not private(?). But so far so good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your reply Laydeebug.

I'm in Jindabyne so will be going to Cooma. My GP hasn't mentioned anything about my weight at all so will just have to wait and see what the Dr says at my first appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. I'm not pregnant yet, but hubby and I are ttc. I am overweight at 110kgs. We've just started trying. I can't believe how some of you have been treated just because you're overweight. It's appalling. You all deserve so much better ☺ just coz we're chubby doesn't mean we shouldn't have babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies!!
    Just realized I haven't posted in here since I had bub

Cooper Tamatāne was born 8/6/12 at 3:08pm 6.1pd.

I started having contractions on the Wednesday after having a s/s on the Tuesday at 38weeks, placenta was calcifying so dr wanted me to try and go into labor naturally. Phone hospital to say I was having contractions five minutes apart but they wouldn't see me, sat at home all day and had called dh home from work but nothing happened, went back to dr on Thursday morning and she did another s/s and I was 3cms dilated, she did a growth scan and was worried about bubs size so sent me for proper growth scan at hospital and thy phoned he straight after saying I needed to have him ASAP, she was going to induce me that night but when she checked I was already 4cms so the method she uses wouldn't have worked, went into hospital the following morning and my waters were broken at 8am, by 12 I was 8cms and had the epidural, was pretty cruisy from then on until his delivery where they had to use the vacuum as he kept going back up after I would push. But at 3:08 he appeared with a teeny cry and is absolutely perfect.
    5 weeks on and he is just under 4 kilo and is averaging a weight gain of 200g a week which I'm pleased with.
    He is a really good feeder and loves the boob

Below is one of the photos from his newborn shoot
    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1342445135.938420.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoping28 For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (06-08-2012),Leishkin  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    getting obese is quite evident in pregnancy ladies! you get back to the normal you as soon as you are settled with the new baby so just chill out and DO NOT diet during pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all I thought I'd jump in on this thread I'm not on bh much but it's nice to find others with similar things. Dh & I only just started ttc this is cycle 2, and I am 1dpo hehe! I'm 23, 168cm and weight about 112kg, like everyone I'm worried about health issues being bigger. Good luck to everyone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Slyph For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (18-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Overweight and Pregnant #4

Quote Originally Posted by Slyph View Post
    Hey all I thought I'd jump in on this thread I'm not on bh much but it's nice to find others with similar things. Dh & I only just started ttc this is cycle 2, and I am 1dpo hehe! I'm 23, 168cm and weight about 112kg, like everyone I'm worried about health issues being bigger. Good luck to everyone
    Hi slyph! Good luck ttc! Is this your first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Thought I would post on here. I have always been overweight/obese but I got pregnant with DS reasonably easy. I actually started at 109kg and got to 120 by the end but I got down to 103kg after his birth but now that we are TTC I am back at 113kg

I am so disgusted with myself and I know it is my own fault - I am lazy and dont eat terribly well on the weekends (weekdays I do cook every night relatively healthy foods)

I should put off TTC until I am down to a normal weight but that could take ages and my DH and I both said we didnt want a huge gap between bubbas...

Anyway sorry more of a pity rant than introduction. I might end on a question - I am a size 18 - where did everyone buy their maternity wear for plus sizes? I really struggled especially for jeans that did not hurt and ended up spending the last 2 months in oversized long dresses (summer baby) but wanted to be more prepared if god willing I get pregnant again.

Anyway hope all is going well in pregnancies or TTC....