+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes you will need to chat to your doctor as it can have some crap side effects, but it is awesome.

I do hope that you acheive what you want. I have been so comfortable with this pregnancy and with my weight this time around. I have had no nasty encounters yet with medical staff but I'm sure I will be better equiped to handle it this time around if I do.

If you ever want to chat I'm more than happy to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

I just want to join in. I was 115 kilos when I fell pregnant with my first baby. I had no health problems, no rude doctors or nurses and no one made any comments about my weight during scans. After I had her I gained more weight and i think my heaviest was 138 kilos. At 36 weeks when I had her I was 128 kilos but they said the 10 kilos was due to fluid (I was swollen like a balloon). Again I wasnt made to feel that Id done anything wrong.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that not everyone is horrible and I cant believe half the stories I have read here about being rude or horrible to you about your weight. Its a disgrace to the medical profession that people judge like that.

I just wanted to wish all of you beautiful pregnancies and all the best. I hate that larger people are discriminated against in every aspect of life.

Take care

HW
    Last edited by Hopefully Waiting; 02-06-2012 at 20:15. Reason: I made no sense!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefully Waiting For This Useful Post:

fichicken  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone welcome to all the new ladies
    Haven't updated for ages, I'm 37+4 and still no weight gain, I actually lost three kilos between last appointments.
    Don't think it will be much longer till he arrives. Been having irregular contractions for the last few days. So will see what happens over the next few days

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping28 For This Useful Post:

belzy  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Just wanted to update that I had a little girl, Cienna Rose 3 weeks ago on 14th May, she was induced due to diabetes at 37+3 and was born weighing 7pd14oz, 53cm long, so good size for a bub that early! No problems with sugars or anything after birth and we have been doing really good at home, and she's settling in with her 4 brothers and sisters well too.

As for weight and pregnancy, for me this time it was the best thing I could have done in terms of actually being able to lose weight and now maintain it and it didn't hinder my pregnancy at all. I started at 115kg, got down to 105kg by 14weeks and by the end was back up to 112kg, the last 2-3kg of that weight being fluid in the last 2-3 weeks. Just over one week after birth I was back down to 105kg, and at the moment I am sitting at about 103.5kg and feeling a lot more motivated and actually capable of continuing to lose weight.

I think as long as you're being mindful of your diet, trying to stay active and healthy during pregnancy then your weight shouldn't be a huge issue. None of the Drs had problems with my weight and being pregnant even though I am diabetic, and I didn't get one lecture about anything.

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a healthy and happy pregnancy and here's a pic of my little girl

Mic

IMG_2263.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum5 For This Useful Post:

belzy  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey. The same thing happened at mine. She wouldnt move in the right spot and they couldnt get all the pics needed of the heart so I had to go back a week later, and all was good. The images were fairly clear because I had excess fluid.

I wouldnt put up with the guy being rude either, thats not on.

Good luck with it!

springbride is offline Is only thinking positive thoughts..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

I would love to join this group :-))

I am 9wks pregnant with my first child and today I weighed 102kgs. I'm worried about gaining to much weight but the one food thats making my sickness slightly better is bread. So I've been living on it and I'm sooooo worried I'm going to gain because of the bread overload lol.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, i have had a gastric sleeve so we are in a similar situation! Unfortunate i have gained a total of 8 kilos since march so i am devo!!! I'm only 5w4d atm and in the last 5 weeks i have gained 3 or so kilos, its killing me, i dont even know why i have gained so much, i have been eating okay, but i guess my sleeve has stretched a little, i sometimes wish i could get restricted again! lol
    So at the moment i am 119kg and hoping not to gain much more, Back to walking 6ks a day i think! LOL
    I remember seeing a blog of a lady in america who was pregnant and sleeved and she constantly posted videos which are helpful and give alot of insight! Maybe there is someone with the band doing a similar thing!
    Goodluck with your pregnancy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna1980 View Post
    Hi all!
    Thought I would join in. I'm pregnant with my first (yay!) and weigh 115kg. I have had lap band surgery and a little worried how this might effect the pregnancy. Is anyone in a similar situation?
    Hoping that my OB and ultrasound technicians are not too judgmental.
    Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning to the lovely ladies in this thread!
    After a few random searches about my own pregnancy (and being overweight)I stumbled upon this forum! I've enjoyed reading every page, too!

Well, here goes. I'm 29 years old. I've been overweight all my life and found out at the start of the year that I have PCOS. My weight generally flutters around 110kg and at my heaviest (which is now) I'm now 126kg. I'm 5ft5in tall.

I'm certain that my body rewards my weightloss with pregnancy!!

In 2010 I was 123kg's, I lost 6kg and then found out that I was pregnant with my first child. I now have a beautiful 16 month old son. During that pregnancy everything was fine until week 24. I had to be medicated for high blood pressure, I developed pre-eclampsia and had to be induced at 38+5 weeks. I didn't gain any extra weight in that pregnancy.

January 2012 I weighed in at 126kg at the doctors clinic, I have high blood pressure and was told that I would need to lose some weight to help me get pregnant due to the PCOS. I was also put on Metformin to help me along and put on a "friendlier for pregnancy" blood pressure medicine.
    I had to do something about my weight so that this time I could have a healthier pregnancy. It hurt me deeply that people gave comments like "We didn't even know you were pregnant!"

In May 2012 I bought a gym membership and purchased Lite and Easy meals because my efforts to lose weight were getting me nowhere. I lost 6kg and found out I was pregnant on the 23rd of June 2012. So much for having problems conceiving due to PCOS! I was happy and sad at the same time! I've really wanted another baby, but this time I wanted to be thinner. I'm even MORE unhealthy than I was during my last pregnancy!

As of right now I'm approximately 6weeks + 5 days pregnant. I have a dating ultrasound on Friday 13th (yeah I know, I'm superstitious too!) to make sure that my Little Apple Pip is where it should be and I have my first obstetrician appointment the Wednesday 18th after that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Would love some advice from you all.

I am currently 7w + 4d with my first child My current weight is 81kg & height is 154 and I am 29yo.

So far I have had a GP appointment and have my referrals for the local hospital & 12w scan, bloods etc.

I live an hour away from the closest hospital so will probably be doing shared care with my GP.

My GP hasn't mentioned anything about my weight at all but I am kinda worried about the whole BMI thing with hospitals! Apart from this hospital I would have to drive 2hrs to find one in Canberra.

I am pretty clueless about it all and have been reading and searching religiously since finding out.

I have just moved to the area I live in now 9months ago and all my family / friends live or lived in Sydney during their pregnancy so I don't know anyone who has been to this hospital before.

My appointment with the new Dr is not until after my 12w scan.

Hope this makes sense!

Mx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by missteapot View Post
    Hi there, i have had a gastric sleeve so we are in a similar situation! Unfortunate i have gained a total of 8 kilos since march so i am devo!!! I'm only 5w4d atm and in the last 5 weeks i have gained 3 or so kilos, its killing me, i dont even know why i have gained so much, i have been eating okay, but i guess my sleeve has stretched a little, i sometimes wish i could get restricted again! lol
    So at the moment i am 119kg and hoping not to gain much more, Back to walking 6ks a day i think! LOL
    I remember seeing a blog of a lady in america who was pregnant and sleeved and she constantly posted videos which are helpful and give alot of insight! Maybe there is someone with the band doing a similar thing!
    Goodluck with your pregnancy!
    Hi ladies I had a gastric sleeve back in may 201o, I had my last bub 2 months ago.
    My sleeve didn't affect my pregnancy much, You do need to have a vit k injection close to birth to boost yours and bubs levels to protect bub from a brain bleed. Other than that they will monitor your vit k, folate and iron levels.
    Feel free to pm me with and question you have.