+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my dating scan today and was told that everything is going well. We even got to see the heartbeat, so exciting! How is everyone else going?

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's great Johanna! So good to hear that heartbeat.

My morph scan was very long with several people checking, but in the end they were satisfied that all was well with bub. Can't believe I'm half way!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone
    Here is me today 30w6d still no weight gainImageUploadedByBub Hub1334458912.772424.jpg
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looking good hopeful! Welcome to the other ladies as well, I haven't been in for awhile!

I got my due date adjusted after the last two scans showed that bub was on the bigger side and not really in line with their dates, so now it lines up with the NT scan and they've shaved 5 days off, so due date is now 1st June, but they've planned my induction for 17th/18th May, so only 4.5 short weeks to go!

I'm at 33 weeks last Friday and my weight gain is still at 3.5-4kg, I am thrilled with that as there's only one month left to get through and I'm positive I can manage that without gaining anything else, which is going to make it so much easier after she's out! Diabetes is playing up a little bit and I am on 20units of overnight insulin, but my before meals are still at 6 so I know that it's not my food at least!

The SPD has been really bad this last week and I am just counting down the days to the end now and being able to walk properly again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum5 For This Useful Post:

hoping28  (16-04-2012)

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're looking great Hoping!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to miggins For This Useful Post:

hoping28  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there,

I can't remember if I joined this thread yet but can I pls. I'm 127 kgs and 16 weeks prg, I'm due in october. I've only gained 1 kg so far. I did not realise that this would class me as high risk though. I already have one dd who is 3. This will however be our last bubba. I'm so excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.

I feel the need to butt in - I really hope you don't mind. I'm not pregant... just new and addicted to BH!

I've read some other threads and been horrified at the way the ladies "speak" to each other. Just so horrible, and judgmental, and self-absorbed. From what I've read (only a few pages, I'm really not 'spying' I promise!), you are all SO lovely to each other, so supportive, just gorgeous.

I can only hope that if I'm lucky enough to fall pregnant again, I can find a forum of people as kind as you all seem. Huge pats on the back to all of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

Im not new to bubhub but havent been around for ages since i was pregnant with my son (who will turn 2 in a couple of weeks).

I always promised myself after my first pregnancy that by the time i got pregnant again i would no longer be "obsese" to try and make the pregnancy journey a bit easier. At about 120kg at the end of my first pregnancy i was finding it VERY hard to walk, i was extremely swollen and just generally a bit miserable. I ended up having my son at 36+5 after being induced due to pre-eclampsia.

Well, here i am, DESPERATE for another baby but still the same weight i was before (in fact if im honest probably a bit heavier).

Now my worry is ... do i just throw caution to the wind and just start the TTC journey due to my immense emotional longing for baby#2 or do i diet and try and lose weight (which i always seem to fail at as i have had lifelong battles with my weight). Im so torn and feel so upset at the thought of not getting pregnant and it being because i couldnt find the will or motication or whatever to lose weight.

During my last pregnancy the hospital i birthed at here in QLD were actually really good about my weight, only a couple of brief mentions were made, no great fusses and i declined routiine weighing and they never questioned this.

Sorry for the essay im just so torn at the moment! Cant wait to here your experiences and opinions.

Naomi xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by naomi83 View Post
    Hello everyone

Im not new to bubhub but havent been around for ages since i was pregnant with my son (who will turn 2 in a couple of weeks).

I always promised myself after my first pregnancy that by the time i got pregnant again i would no longer be "obsese" to try and make the pregnancy journey a bit easier. At about 120kg at the end of my first pregnancy i was finding it VERY hard to walk, i was extremely swollen and just generally a bit miserable. I ended up having my son at 36+5 after being induced due to pre-eclampsia.

Well, here i am, DESPERATE for another baby but still the same weight i was before (in fact if im honest probably a bit heavier).

Now my worry is ... do i just throw caution to the wind and just start the TTC journey due to my immense emotional longing for baby#2 or do i diet and try and lose weight (which i always seem to fail at as i have had lifelong battles with my weight). Im so torn and feel so upset at the thought of not getting pregnant and it being because i couldnt find the will or motication or whatever to lose weight.

During my last pregnancy the hospital i birthed at here in QLD were actually really good about my weight, only a couple of brief mentions were made, no great fusses and i declined routiine weighing and they never questioned this.

Sorry for the essay im just so torn at the moment! Cant wait to here your experiences and opinions.

Naomi xxx

Hey there,

Well I was the same as you. I was 127 kgs when I had dd1 at 38 weeks gest. I felt shocking by the end of my pregnancy. After I had her my weight just kept going up until I was 167kgs eekkk . I started on duromine to help me to lose the weight. I managed to get down to 124 kgs before I fell preg with this bubby.

We did not mean to fall pregnant so quickly and really thought it would take at least 6 months as it took us 3 yrs and clomid to get dd1. So there we were with me pregnant and weiging in at 124 kgs.

The hospital have been fairly good about it. I'm now 23 weeks pregnant and weighing in at 127 kgs but I feel really good this time around.

I think do whats right for you however please do realise that the hospital will put you in the high risk catogory due to high BMI and they will also want to do a GTT test at about 23 weeks preg, Other than that my weight has been left up to me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fichicken For This Useful Post:

naomi83  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fichicken View Post
    Hey there,

Well I was the same as you. I was 127 kgs when I had dd1 at 38 weeks gest. I felt shocking by the end of my pregnancy. After I had her my weight just kept going up until I was 167kgs eekkk . I started on duromine to help me to lose the weight. I managed to get down to 124 kgs before I fell preg with this bubby.

We did not mean to fall pregnant so quickly and really thought it would take at least 6 months as it took us 3 yrs and clomid to get dd1. So there we were with me pregnant and weiging in at 124 kgs.

The hospital have been fairly good about it. I'm now 23 weeks pregnant and weighing in at 127 kgs but I feel really good this time around.

I think do whats right for you however please do realise that the hospital will put you in the high risk catogory due to high BMI and they will also want to do a GTT test at about 23 weeks preg, Other than that my weight has been left up to me.
    Hi! Thanks for your reply And congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I know really the decision lies with me, but its great hearing other peoples experiences anyway. I know i'll be high risk, which i guess ive become used to. Last time i didnt know what i weighed exactly and was very offended and hurt if i ever heard a comment about my weight (DENIAL!!!) but now im much more accepting of who i am. And while i wish i was thinner i know im overweight and am trying my best to be ok with that for now ... if that makes sense.

I wonder if duromine would be an option for me? Would you recommend speaking to my doctor about it?