+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi guys, mind if I join too. I just found out im pregnant and I weigh 114kg adn am 163cm tall.

I am a bit worried about that given my BMI - I live remote so not sure if they will transfer me to Melbourne? I am thinking I want to go the Mercy in Mel anyway as my sister is a middy there - we will see?

Chubear - hey there!!! I saw you in the November thread too. I think I am due on 7th Nov, but not quite sure. I am pretty sure I have seen you around in the TTC threads back when Bibi was leading them??

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome & congrats jaydeelyon & buttoneska!!

My EDD is 2nd September. Glad to have some company in here

I'm kinda hoping to continue to lose some more weight in 2nd tri, but also think that maybe the couple I've lost might be it and the scales may start increasing from here on in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup Button - i remember you from those threads too.

I weigh in every week ( cos still trying to lose etc) and have lost and gained nothing - exactly the same. Though i have had very little nausea, so maybe ill be a lucky one with hardly any?
    I'm hoping to gain very little this pregnancy, want to keep up mild exercise for as long as possible to help have a healthy birth. we shall see.

Hey does anyone know how to change the worded user your avatar? i have tried but can't work it out. I also have the brain of a peanut so that may be my problem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!

I have spent the last three night reading the 4 threads with this heading!

What a great community of non-judgemental, supportive girls you all are!!

I am 34 years old (27 to anyone else out in life!!), I have a 9 year old son and just got a surprise on Friday!!

I WOULD be over the moon about this, but I have been selfish for years, and my weight has skyrocketed to 150kgs (approx, my scales only go to 150 ).

I have anxiety issues, and the thought of going to a midwife for an appointment and being looked down upon or having someone disgusted in me is sending me crazy.

My doctor is surprisingly supportive. I couldn't stop crying when I found out and she asked me if I'd like her to organise me a termination (!!!), I said no no no no no, and she was glad as she is a buddhist! (yes, one of the strangest conversations I've ever had at a doctors office!)...... anyway, she said, "Lets not worry about your weight now, we'll worry about it after you have the baby". My health is perfect, so maybe this had something to do with it?

Anyway, at this stage I have just had a blood test, I am due for a ultrasound Wednesday for a dating. But doc seems to think perhaps 8-10 weeks (eeep!).

I love the thought of sharing my stories for others that come after me with the same fears, just as I have spent the last few days reading your stories! I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey LizzieHobb

Congratulations on your second bub!

I'm the same weight aswel. My doc and nutritionist have said to worry about weight after bub, just try not to put on too much and eat healthy.

There's plenty of women out there who have bubs in all different sizes, so don't you worry. A friend of mine has 7 kids, all healthy bubs and shes always been a larger woman of about our weight.

They say the risks of problems are increased due to weight, but the risks are already so small that doubling still isn't very likely. So keep your chin up and be happy, IMO if your able to conceive naturally your able to carry a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, can i join?!
    I'm 7 weeks pregnant with our first baby, am around 110kg and 167cm tall.
    Feeling really anxious about my first ob appointment, i just hope he's supportive and doesnt make me feel bad about my weight... I think my greatest fear would be being told i cant go to the hospital we want because of my bmi!
    Hoping to not put on too much either as i had lost a few kg before i got my bfp.
    But despite everything i'm super excited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm 11 weeks along and this is my first pregnancy

I'm 125 kilos, which sucks, but I'm holding steady and haven't gained any weight yet. My doctor and the u/s lady have been really lovely, and no one has made me feel bad about my weight. My doctor told me to worry about losing weight later, and just eat healthy and try not to gain too much while I'm pregnant. He said my blood pressure was perfect, and all my blood tests were clear and good, so I feel pretty happy with it all so far.

I live out in the sticks though, so I will have to travel a few hours to stay with mum for a week before I'm due. I'm hoping the doctors in Orange are just as nice and supportive as my local ones are. I know I'm going to be stressed out enough just being so far away from my Hubby and my home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Everyone
    Welcome to all the newbies
    I've been MIA the last few weeks but watching the posts been in new zealand for 10 days then got back to work last week to Massive Virus on my computer.....

Went to Ob last week as i was worried i was too small for how far along i am, people in new zealand kept saying i was tiny.... OB measured and said i'm perfect so no need to worry, she also said little man seems to be doing just fine so i don't need to stress.

Got weighed at the hospital on thursday when i went to check in for labour and i've put on about a kilo of the 9 i've lost in first 20 or so weeks i'm happy with that and i know i'm still loosing in other areas.... i'm not actively trying to loose weight just going with the flow and if it happens it happens.

one more week till the 3rd trimester can't believe how quickly the time is flying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!
    Thought I would join in. I'm pregnant with my first (yay!) and weigh 115kg. I have had lap band surgery and a little worried how this might effect the pregnancy. Is anyone in a similar situation?
    Hoping that my OB and ultrasound technicians are not too judgmental.
    Jo

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Johanna, and congratulations!!

I'm also pregnant with our first and have morph scan tomorrow!

I weigh about 123kg. I haven't had lap band, but from what I've read in the past, they may want to loosen the band on you, to allow enough food intake to support a growing bub, I also think they would especially be checking your vitamin levels etc to make sure you have enough for both of you.

Good luck!