+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it depends. I've had the diatitian tell me she didn't want me to aim to loose weight but she doesnt want me to gain any either. She said try no
    More than 9kg as that's all baby. I've got very high BMI aswel as being hypoglycemic (too much insulin, it's genetic) She's convinced that if I'm not careful I can become diabetic or high blood press. I havent been dieting but I've been trying to eat alot healthier and drink more water. At first I lost 1kg but at the end of 12weeks I've put it back on plus 500gms so really only 0.5kg up. I have MS but only once chucked. If ur friend gets MS like most people shell probably loose weight to begin with anyway. I think no matter what she weighs its not a good idea to aim to loose weight. just eat healthy, light exercise, cut out caffeine and sugar and drink lots water.

Expecting our first on the 14th of August..

Sent from IPhone using Bubhub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh to make clear: if she's wanting to fall pregnant and is over weight then she should really try to loose weight and exercise to get fitness levels up beforehand. But if she's allready pregnant she can't be starting a heavy fitness regime or dieting cuz it will cause tress on her body and her baby. Yes they say that overweight women are more likely for 'this and this' to happen but even then it's not very likely so don't stress too much! I know women who are morbidly obese go through 3-7pregnancies all perfect babies. But I know women of normal weight have preclampsia and diabetes. It's a roll of the dice.

Expecting our first on the 14th of August..

Sent from IPhone using Bubhub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm one of the ones who has lost weight.... it's not by choice although FS wanted me to loose 15kilo's.
    I have not a lot of appetite, last night for example i cooked steak, carrots and curly fries for dinner, i had a bit of the steak and gagged, but managed to eat all the carrots! i had had a huge salad for lunch though.
    i was 87.6 when i fell pregnant which is about 20kilo's overweight for my height, i'm down to about 79.6 now.
    I asked new OB what she thought about my weight loss and she said unless it is over 10 kilo's i won't be too worried, she urges overweight people in the first trimester to try and loose a little as it reduces the chance of gestational diabetes later on.
    All i could stomach in first trimester was grapes and crackers she warned me not to eat too much fruit as that can cause GD. DH has been worried about it but i asure him that i do eat just by the time dinner comes around i'm too tired and can't be bothered.

The Ob/GYN here told a friend of mine to loose a lot otherwise she would have to go to perth to have her bubs. He's not very nice when it comes to larger women having babies which is why i changed from him to my current OB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies i'm new to the thread i'm currently 16 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and weighing in at 109 kilos i am 167 cm so have a high BMI though i'm perfectly healthly and so far all is going well with pregnancy . My first appt with hospital the midwife did mention i would need to do the 2 hr gd test instead of just the one hr test and encouraged to lose a little weight as i am overweight kinda made me feel like i sit there and just eat all day long which i can tell u i do not.
    I've just always struggled to lose the weight i gained with my first daughter i gained a whopping 40 kilos with her had pre eclampsia and emergence c section and was in a bad way but alot of that had to do with my situation at the time.
    My second pregnancy i was perfectly fine i only gained 10 kilos with her and she was a whopping 9 pound 3 i was tested for gd and was fine there were no issues apart from an emergency c section as i went into labour 2 weeks early and bub was breech.
    so far with this pregnancy i started off 109 then dropped down to 105 during first trimester and now back up to 109 and have been sitting on that for past 3 weeks i'm working out daily and eating as often and healthy as i can to try and not gain much
    it's nice to find other ladies who are going through the same thing i look forward to getting to know u all and sharing this amazing journey with u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NicM View Post
    thank you all for your support, we will try again, just not sure when
    Only just read the few posts before my own a few weeks back.... Im so so sorry hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing?

I'm 25 weeks this week and travelling along quite well, have gained 3.5kg so far from about 17weeks, so I'm hoping it just slows down for a couple of weeks!

Diabetes management is going well too, up to 14units of insulin overnight and 4 after lunch and dinner, got my next OB check up next week at 26 weeks and will book in for a sizing scan at 28 weeks after that, so hopefully bub is average size and not growing too big

Just washed all the baby clothes this week and have a little bit more shopping to do for some warmer winter stuff, looking forward to bub finally being here, feels like time is standing still at the moment

I hope everyone else is doing well

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mum5! Sounds like all is going really well for you, congratulations!

I'm about 13wks and really nervous, have NT scan this afternoon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,Can i join?

We have just found out we are expecting.I am 4 weeks and 1 day, due 1/11/12.
    I weigh about 124kg and am 170cmm so heaps overweight.
    Have tried for last 10 years to lose, but have some other GI issues which have mad fit almost impossible.
    Luckily both my GP and FS were supportive and weren't too concerned.
    I do have high insulin resistance but have been taking Metformin and i think thats how/why we got our BFP.
    Im hoping the Obs i see at the hospy will be somewhat supportive.

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chubear! Welcome and congratulations!! You sound similar to me, I'm currently about 123kg & 13weeks pregnant with our first (have lost a couple of kg's during first trimester). Conceived with the help of an FS and using FSH injections plus was on Metformin as well due to PCOS and I don't ovulate on my own.

Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 34 weeks with pregnancy number 2, my pre-pregnancy weight was 105kg at 164cm, at my 32 week appt I weighed in at 94.6kg, and the midwife told me she wants me to gain 4kg by term. Morning sickness had only just decided to leave me alone by that point, and eating half a meal a day was obviously not helping.

My first preg, I was 75kg, and they were concerned about my weight the entire way through... This time though, absolutely nothing, except for lots of GD tests. May help that I'm at a different hospital?