+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbubs1012 View Post
    Hi all, I need some ideas for healthy main meals and snacks please. I bought some nuts as snacks but now thinking they have too much fat in?? I am preg with number 2 and haven't lost the 30kg I put on with my first bub so I'm desperate not to put any extra weight on with this one.
    Hi

Have you tried "Crunchy Combo", you can find it in the prepared salad section in Coles/Woolies/IGA, and are in rectangular plastic containers along with beansprouts & alfalfa. It is a mix of pulses such as peas, mung beans etc and are delicious, very low calorie, nutritious and make great nibbles, a lot cheaper than nuts too.

Some dips are quite healthy and not too fattening, have to read the labels, good with raw carrots, capsicum, celery etc.

Not sure about main meals other than replacing less healthy stuff with veggies, eg in Spag Bol, less meat' bulk up with zucchini, capsicum, mushrooms, carrots or whatever takes your fancy , and there are always salads, but I can't eat green leafy stuff, makes me I'll, so lettuce is out for me.
    Last edited by LottieS; 09-01-2012 at 21:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarah Sorry to hear that the dietician gave you such a hard time, I have found it's easier to nod and agree sometimes, or they get very judgemental. I told my dietician that I wanted to maintain weight and that I'd lost 10kg so far and hoped to just stay this weight for as long as possible and got told off for that! I apparently *have* to gain at least 5kg , mind you when I do I'll probably get the disappointed look, you just can't win!

I'm also interested in the Bloom diet, I am following a Low GI diabetes diet at the moment which is working well for me with maintaining my weight, I'm at 19 weeks tomorrow and have only gained back 1kg over the last three weeks, out of the 10kg that I have lost since falling pregnant.

Winterbubs I was struggling for a while for snacks, but have settled on a few that are ok and they are all good for a diabetes plan which is a really good way of eating while pregnant to maintain weight.

- Multigrain salada crackers with a bit of butter or vegemite and cheese
    - Peckish cheese flavoured rice crackers
    - Small handful of pretzels
    - Piece of fruit
    - Chicken rice cakes with cheese, or just on their own (or any other flavoured rice cakes)
    - A small banana smoothie
    - Glass of milo
    - Celery sticks with a little bit of peanut butter or cheesespread
    - 2 Rich Tea biscuits with a cup of tea
    - Popcorn
    - Stem bag of vegies, the individual serve ones

For meals I follow the rules of 3-4 serves of carb (15gm is a serve) and make sure that there is a minimum of 3 vegies per dinner meal, and a decent serve of protein. Lunch I try and get at least 2 vegies in there, whether it's salad in a sandwich or steam veg with a smaller serving of meat on the side.

As for me, I'm off to my morph scan on Friday so hopefully bub is healthy in there and that the diabetes hasn't affected bub negatively. Hoping to also find out the gender, so fingers crossed it lets us take a peek!

Mic

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. Can I join? (again!)
    Last time I joined this thread, we lost the pregnancy at 8 weeks.

I'm now pregnant again, with #1 and around 6 weeks.

I have a BMI of 45 I have PCOS and thyroid problems, which has made losing weight difficult. And now being PG I'd really like to lose some weight too, or at the very least not put it on.

I need to find a dietician (refuse to go back to my previous one because she's one of those ignorant cows who assumes you eat all the wrong things if you're overweight). Plus am looking at going to a pregnancy yoga class, but don't look forward to being confronted by all the 'skinny' pregnant ladies. Aqua aerobics might be good too (other than having to get into swimsuit in public).

Would be so much better if I had someone to go with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really not having a good time with this pregnancy, first the morning sickness, then getting shifted from the family birth centre to the Hospital midwives, and then the dietician. Now I've just found out today that I have gestational diabetes.
    I did the test yesterday, and I'm a nurse, so I was able to check my own results today and work, and nearly burst into tears when I read 'these results are consistent with gestational diabetes'. So, that sucks. I don't want to have GD, but I do. Then to make matters worse I get a text message from the diabetes clinic saying call us to make a 'gdm appointment'. Which I'm even more upset by because I have my midwives appointment on Monday morning, and was told I would be told about the results then, and everything would happen from there (i.e. appointments if I needed them etc.). So I rang to make the appointment and thought I would express my feelings about being told my diagnosis by text message. I said to the woman that I was very unhappy being told this way, and that I didn't understand why she couldn't wait until Monday for me to find out from the midwives? She basically told me that she had a lot of patients and didn't have time to see when my next appointment was, and needed to get me in to an appointment ASAP (which happened to be Thursday week! So it could have waited until Monday!). I got very upset and burst into tears and tried to explain that it felt like she didn't care, and her answer was 'I do care, BUT...' which is just such a cop out!! I was so upset, I ws sobbing and just managed to get out 'It doesn't matter, I'll be at the appointment on Thursday' and hung up. I feel absolutely miserable now, I've been crying for at least the last 15 minutes. I spoke to my husband on the phone and he didn't know how to console me because I'm such a mess.
    Short story: I don't recommend the ancillary services at KEMH, they are rude and uncaring and don't seem to have any kind of tact. I mean, who tells someone about their GD diagnosis in text message!

Also, while I'm here, and since I'm feeling a little better from venting; Winterbubs & LottieS, info on the bloom diet is here: http://kemh.health.wa.gov.au/service.../resources.htm you scroll down and there are 4 different PDF's on it. It has an awesome amount of info on good snacks and what to eat etc. It works really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I would love to join in here. Im 16 weeks pregnant with bub #3, and I currently weigh 95kilos after starting this pregnancy at 98kilos. This pregnancy wasnt planned, as bub #2 was only 10 months when it happened and we were going to give it 6 months more, but mother nature had other ideas!!! I was very nervous about being overweight and pregnant with bub #2, and panicked and stressed about it until about 20 weeks or so, but having done it once now Im not worried about it like I was. I had a great pregnancy with bub #2 plus a fantastic easy labour so rest assured that being overweight does NOT mean everything else is going to go pear shaped!!

BeginnerMummy - Im going through KEMH too hun, and did with my last bub. I was 93kilos when I fell pregnant then, and I got a letter in the mail offering me the services of the dietician but I never went. I weighed in on my doctors scales at 100.1kilos (the bloody things weighed 2 kilos heavier than my scales!) this time so that put me on the big red alert list for the dieticians!!! I got a lovely letter in the mail telling me Im not allowed to put on more than 5kg this pregnancy and blah blah blah... I found it pretty rude to get a letter like that, but I see where they are coming from. That does suck about getting informed by text msg about the gd, even a personal phonecall explaining wouldve been a lot better. I agree about the ancillary services, Ive had sh*tty experiences with the some of the other services too, but rest assured that my experience with them was otherwise fantastic!! I went through the midwives clinic last time, but it seems as I have weighed in at .1kg over 100 (how pedantic) I have been referred straight to the OBs. Joy! I will try to get back with the midwives, as they were absolutely wonderful last time. I hope when you go for your appts this week you get a better experience and some compassion about the way your diagnosis was handled. You sound like youre already doing well with the Bloom diet, so Im not sure how much you would have to change to make it into a GD diet, but good luck with it all. Im going to check out the Bloom diet myself. As soon as this ms stops, I want to start some exercise, but other than that Im eating quite healthily as all I seem to want is healthy foods at the moment anyway. Good luck with your appts this week.

To everyone else, I will hope to duck in here more often, even though Ive got my hands full with Mr Almost 7, Miss 1 and horrible morning sickness. I hope you are all travelling well with your pregnancies.

Take care.
    Last edited by tashaagain; 15-01-2012 at 17:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at 10 weeks tomorrow, had some pink on the toilet paper along with pain and went to the emergency dept sat night, got weighed and found out i had lost nearly 5kg since the end of sept, I'm happy with that. I have my first appointment with the midwives on valentines day, I'm just hoping there wont be too many comments about my weight, I was thrilled when I worked out i had lost 18kg since April (considering i now weigh just under 160kg, any weight loss is good)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NicM For This Useful Post:

Ahpez  (17-01-2012),miggins  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nic, Have been thinking of you
    Last edited by LottieS; 17-01-2012 at 18:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all, I would like to join here too I'm currently 18 weeks with #1 I was 87.6 when we found out after loosing 8 kilos on ww am now down to 80, I don't want to loose too much more but if that's what happens I'm ok with it. I'm still eating when I can as I seem to gag at a lot of things lately I'm really hoping that stops soon and I can go back to normal
    My fs whom I have stopped seeing because he isn't very nice told me to loose at least 10-15 kilos during pregnancy but ob has said if I loose any more than 10 she will start to monitor it a bit more.
    I would love to be at pre wedding weight of 78 by the time I have bub so will see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub trying to concur Auto correct one text at a time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hope, welcome and grats on your weight loss. I wish I was your weight, 125kg on GP scales last week.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LottieS For This Useful Post:

hoping28  (19-01-2012)

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LottieS View Post
    Hi Hope, welcome and grats on your weight loss. I wish I was your weight, 125kg on GP scales last week.
    Lottie, we're about the same! 123kg on GP scales last week, more like 125/126kg on home scales