Sarah Sorry to hear that the dietician gave you such a hard time, I have found it's easier to nod and agree sometimes, or they get very judgemental. I told my dietician that I wanted to maintain weight and that I'd lost 10kg so far and hoped to just stay this weight for as long as possible and got told off for that! I apparently *have* to gain at least 5kg , mind you when I do I'll probably get the disappointed look, you just can't win!
I'm also interested in the Bloom diet, I am following a Low GI diabetes diet at the moment which is working well for me with maintaining my weight, I'm at 19 weeks tomorrow and have only gained back 1kg over the last three weeks, out of the 10kg that I have lost since falling pregnant.
Winterbubs I was struggling for a while for snacks, but have settled on a few that are ok and they are all good for a diabetes plan which is a really good way of eating while pregnant to maintain weight.
- Multigrain salada crackers with a bit of butter or vegemite and cheese
- Peckish cheese flavoured rice crackers
- Small handful of pretzels
- Piece of fruit
- Chicken rice cakes with cheese, or just on their own (or any other flavoured rice cakes)
- A small banana smoothie
- Glass of milo
- Celery sticks with a little bit of peanut butter or cheesespread
- 2 Rich Tea biscuits with a cup of tea
- Stem bag of vegies, the individual serve ones
For meals I follow the rules of 3-4 serves of carb (15gm is a serve) and make sure that there is a minimum of 3 vegies per dinner meal, and a decent serve of protein. Lunch I try and get at least 2 vegies in there, whether it's salad in a sandwich or steam veg with a smaller serving of meat on the side.
As for me, I'm off to my morph scan on Friday so hopefully bub is healthy in there and that the diabetes hasn't affected bub negatively. Hoping to also find out the gender, so fingers crossed it lets us take a peek!