+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Shaz,

Very true I think. My sisters son was also 9lb 6oz! And she is much smaller than me...so it must be down to genetics. Although for my mother us kids were no bigger than 7lb 10oz! So I don't know whose genetics ours were from! Hahaha. I'm just hoping that this one for me is much smaller. Maybe a nice 8lbs or something! So she can actually fit into newborn clothes and nappies! And maybe I'll be able to keep up with the breastfeeding!

My son was so big and hungry for a whole 2 months he woke every hour on the hour for a feed...I was exhausted and had to give it up. I literally couldn't drive anywhere or do anything for being so tired. House work really suffered...mess everwhere. There is deffinitely something to be said for formula I tell you that...It was a life saver...mine or my husbands! Hahaha.

Mummabear is offline Gone.....and no doubt already forgotten
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls,

I just needed to post in here as hopefully some of you will understand my frustration and sadness.

I'm currently nearly 6 weeks pregnant with #3. I found out I was pg in the middle of a bad flu and over a 2 week period I lost around 6kg, which was great. Now my pre-pregnancy/pre-flu diet was horrendous (hence my 120kg). Every night I would sit in my recliner and gorge myself on chips, chocolate, icecream, etc and I would just eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted during the day as I had completely given up any chance of ever having any willpower.

Since my flu and finding out I am pg again I have drastically changed my eating habits. I no longer eat after dinner and will only have a cup of camomile tea or some water, I have a banana for breakfast, some soup or some tuna or some noodles (not the best I realise) for lunch and then some meat and veg or a vegetarian curry or some rice pasta for dinner. I don't drink anything other than water, have cut out all coffee and have maybe 1 or 2 cups of tea a day. I have also snacked on some plain rice crackers or water crackers a few times due to MS.

Eating like this I have still managed to put that 6kg back on . I am so frustrated. Seriously, I used to eat a family sized block of chocolate several times a week and now I don't eat it at all (I tried a freddo frog twice and it made me sick - guess baby doens't like chocolate). Seriously, am I just destined to be this obese pig for the rest of my life?? How can I cut my food back so dramatically and have NO RESULTS AT ALL - none, but actually put 6kg back on??????

Also, some of the other Mums in my month group are talking about their little tummies already starting to pop out - I will never 'pop' out. At around 30 weeks pregnant I will just look like I have put on even more weight .

I'm sorry, I know this is just a woe is me rant but I'm just feeling a little disillusioned and sorry for myself right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummabear View Post
    Hi girls,

I just needed to post in here as hopefully some of you will understand my frustration and sadness.

I'm currently nearly 6 weeks pregnant with #3. I found out I was pg in the middle of a bad flu and over a 2 week period I lost around 6kg, which was great. Now my pre-pregnancy/pre-flu diet was horrendous (hence my 120kg). Every night I would sit in my recliner and gorge myself on chips, chocolate, icecream, etc and I would just eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted during the day as I had completely given up any chance of ever having any willpower.

Since my flu and finding out I am pg again I have drastically changed my eating habits. I no longer eat after dinner and will only have a cup of camomile tea or some water, I have a banana for breakfast, some soup or some tuna or some noodles (not the best I realise) for lunch and then some meat and veg or a vegetarian curry or some rice pasta for dinner. I don't drink anything other than water, have cut out all coffee and have maybe 1 or 2 cups of tea a day. I have also snacked on some plain rice crackers or water crackers a few times due to MS.

Eating like this I have still managed to put that 6kg back on . I am so frustrated. Seriously, I used to eat a family sized block of chocolate several times a week and now I don't eat it at all (I tried a freddo frog twice and it made me sick - guess baby doens't like chocolate). Seriously, am I just destined to be this obese pig for the rest of my life?? How can I cut my food back so dramatically and have NO RESULTS AT ALL - none, but actually put 6kg back on??????

Also, some of the other Mums in my month group are talking about their little tummies already starting to pop out - I will never 'pop' out. At around 30 weeks pregnant I will just look like I have put on even more weight .

I'm sorry, I know this is just a woe is me rant but I'm just feeling a little disillusioned and sorry for myself right now
    I feel for Mummabear. I know what it is like to start eating well and put on weight! The only time I seem to lose weight is when I am pregnant!!! All other times it is very difficult to lose even 1kg. Maybe eat more fruit and vege and cut out starches....I love potatoes and pasta and rice but I know sometimes I eat too much of them. My sister went on this diet a few years ago called a No Fat diet. She cut out all fat drank non fat milk, ate rice with steamed vegies and grilled chicken breast and fish...fruit etc etc and she lost 20 kgs in a month and a half. Ans she ate plenty of it...she was never hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies sorry to crach your thread I had my first bad eperience the other day with a DR and being overweight and I though I would share my triumph! We are due 6/2 after 4 yrs of trying and 2 rounds of IVF nothing related to my weight though, I lost about 35kg b4 doing IVF and was very proud of myself, the other day I had my routine Ob appointment with the Hospital where the Dr told (never seen him b4) that basically I was too overweight to have shared care with my Dr as I needed to be monitored more closely as I would get gestational diabetes as well as other complications blah blah blah he went on about it for ages then said look Ill send you for the Glucose test even though I know it will be abnormal (because obviously all overweight people eat loads of sugar!) so I went for the test and low behold it was completly normal! yes thats right perfect! as I dont overeat sugar! I was so pleased and let me tell you did I give it to that ob on my next appointment! I was such sweet revenge who needs sugar! He had nothing to say which was fantastic and I said to him that he should not assume that all overweight people sit around eating sugar all day! anyway just wanted to share my good news story and I look forward to talking to you all!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to petalsinthewind For This Useful Post:

Sapphyrerose  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    hey girls,

Just wondering how you have all gone with ultrasounds. I had one at 19 weeks and they couldnt get good enough images of the heart so I had to go back today. Today's didnt seem any better (and the guy was a bit rude but you get that) and the images still arent that clear.
    Kazam - I had this at 19 weeks also and the ultrasound tech discover that bubs was a little smaller than normal which made it hard NOTHING to do with my weight at all! And now he is measruing perfectly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by petalsinthewind View Post
    Hi Ladies sorry to crach your thread I had my first bad eperience the other day with a DR and being overweight and I though I would share my triumph! We are due 6/2 after 4 yrs of trying and 2 rounds of IVF nothing related to my weight though, I lost about 35kg b4 doing IVF and was very proud of myself, the other day I had my routine Ob appointment with the Hospital where the Dr told (never seen him b4) that basically I was too overweight to have shared care with my Dr as I needed to be monitored more closely as I would get gestational diabetes as well as other complications blah blah blah he went on about it for ages then said look Ill send you for the Glucose test even though I know it will be abnormal (because obviously all overweight people eat loads of sugar!) so I went for the test and low behold it was completly normal! yes thats right perfect! as I dont overeat sugar! I was so pleased and let me tell you did I give it to that ob on my next appointment! I was such sweet revenge who needs sugar! He had nothing to say which was fantastic and I said to him that he should not assume that all overweight people sit around eating sugar all day! anyway just wanted to share my good news story and I look forward to talking to you all!
    I couldn't agree with you more! My mother was overweight when she had my brother, me and my siser and she didn't have problems. I told the doctor diabetes doesn't run in my family, not even the gestational kind. Yet when I didn't go for the glucose test on time at 28 weeks I was yelled at by the doctor and told to schedual one for the next day! As it was neccessary to my size and before the results even came back she was talking about me needing to go and buy the blood sugar monitor etc. And then the results also came back normal! I transfered care to the hospital then as I was close to my due date. People can be so hypocritical...I don't understand it.
    Just because we are big doesn't mean we sit around eating junk food all day. I love food, I'm not going to make amends for that, the more flavourful the better. I hate the fat on meat, I don't like lollies...I may eat a bit too much salt - but only on oven baked chips and potatoes! My blood pressure has always been good, I'm resonably fit and I've never had any major health concerns. Which is great, but all the doctors can go on about is my weight. You need to lose weight...blah blah blah.

Sorry I am ranting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caszie87 View Post
    Just because we are big doesn't mean we sit around eating junk food all day. I love food, I'm not going to make amends for that, the more flavourful the better. I hate the fat on meat, I don't like lollies...I may eat a bit too much salt - but only on oven baked chips and potatoes! My blood pressure has always been good, I'm resonably fit and I've never had any major health concerns. Which is great, but all the doctors can go on about is my weight. You need to lose weight...blah blah blah.

Sorry I am ranting!

Don't apologise, 100% with you

Kazam - about your u/s, I was the same. Although she couldn't get measurements of the face, brain and a couple of the spine! I was 20+2 and she very politely booked me another scan for 10 days later. She said I'd be surprised as to how much bubs can grow in that time and she should be able to get better measurements. And she did. In fact I'm no u/s expert but I could even see a huge difference in the size and she didn't have to push so hard either. Down side was that I did have to pay another $122 but it was worth it to get all the measurements right. If you had the choice of going somewhere else for a scan then you should because no one should have to take rude behaviour. Why won't people get it thru their thick heads that the population is getting bigger and that medical professionals should be adapting their archaic mindsets not continually lecturing and ASSUMING us bigger women are bad Mothers!!
    Last edited by WTK; 25-10-2010 at 10:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    I dont post on here very often but had some spare time this arvo to have a read and thought Id say gday.

Talking about Gestational Diabetes....
    I am due for my second Glucose Tolerance Test this week (Im in week 28) and VERY nervous about getting bad results. Eating is a complex issue for me because Im being being treated (and making great progress) with binge eating disorder that has contributed to my size for a long time....but!

I have done lots of research on GD (because so many Drs have put the fear of god in me about it!) and although statistically we are at a higher risk it actually has nothing to do with how much sugar is in your diet. GD is when you body has problems producing sufficient levels of insulin to process the increased glucose that is triggered in your system during pregnancy. I found this information about how it develops:

How does gestational diabetes develop?
    The placenta produces hormones that help the baby to grow and develop, but these hormones also impair the action of the mother’s insulin. This is called insulin resistance. As the pregnancy progresses, the mother’s energy needs increase and her insulin needs are also higher than normal. Some women are unable to produce extra insulin and blood glucose levels rise.

So although we might be at a higher risk, its triggered by reactions to hormones rather than what you actually eat during pregnancy. I had my first GTT at 16 weeks and everything came back completely normal after I stressed my head off about it! So fingers crossed this one will also be ok. As you might have been able to tell, I try my best to dispute the incorrect judgements of others and relax about the true risk of GD but I am still stressing! silly hey, I need to take my own advice

Otherwise I hope that everyone else is going well and enjoying pregnancy. As I type my little monkey is wriggling around like mad so despite my bump being more widely spread than others, it appears he is happy and comfy in there

take care everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Caz - I am the same I eat healthy and exercise every day I have to 3 staffys! And I was loosing alot of weight before falling pregnant but I am not about to continue it and risk my bub now Ill just get back on track after I have the baby!

WTK - That sucks u had to pay $122 for another ultrasound my US tech was great they did not charge me for either but I think it has something to do with my bubs being IVF!

Bekind - Funnily enough you just answered one of my Q's i was wondering since this one was normal if I would have to go for another but I guess I do Boo sitting for 2 hrs in hospital!

AFM - I am lucky in the sense that my GP is very understanding and does not have an issue with my weight at all, as she said I am more healthy that most skinny women! and also as she said just becuase we are bigger there are no inherent risks of us having bigger babies of GD than anyone else, in fact our bubs has been measuring small all the way along and he is now in the normal length/birth ratio for a health baby so Obs dont always know everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I am not suggesting you should...mine was due to me not being ABLE to eat...that and the monster in my tummy was eating everything! My sister went all healtho and at a completely no fat diet...which is great but all the food looked so plain and boring - I don't think I could ever eat like that...although I love me some grilled chicken breast and fish...the only yummy part of her meal.

Although they say don't try to diet if your breast feeding as you need the extra calories in your breastmilk! And lots of water! I felt like a cow when breastfeeding my son - he almost was the size of one! That and the sore nipples and the bleeding...and the hourly feedings. Whoever said you should demand feed never had a big hungry child that was never satisfied. How the heck did they do it like a hundred years ago?