+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! When i became pregnant I was 105kg, 165cm tall. My GP had only one choice in referring me to a hospital (no private) as I was automatically deemed high risk, so I had to go to King Edward in Perth.

I have no GD or BP issues, and am now classed as a lowest of the high risk! Lol.

I am now 124kg (eep) which is a bit higher than i would like to be, but not as bad as I thought I might be! I know exactly why I gained so much too. I didn't eat more, in fact my appetite has been about 30% less throughout.

What we did was go out for many meals, in the mindset that we should enjoy our last months as a couple and go out as much as possible. Well we did, and that meant pub meal after restaurant meal after takeaway....huge portions, usually with chips, and maybe even a dessert afterwards! Shocking.

Beware this trap!

But I have to say it was all fun, and DP and I had some great discussions about our upcoming changes, more than we would have had at home watching tv.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to northern For This Useful Post:

nicnak  (21-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnak View Post
    I'm nervous as anything!!!! Today I have my first Midwife/Antenatal Appointment and am dreading the outcome. I am quiet tall 5'11 but also weigh 132kgs. This puts my BMI at 40+.

Does anyone know if they classify you in the High risk category straight away if you are that overweight?

I've always struggled with my weight and lost 8kgs before falling pregnant but since falling pregnant i've stopped going to the gym and really can't seem to eat the right things as i'm worried about what I can and can't eat.

DH is very supportive but he says don't worry it will all be fine. BUT i'm really worried about it all.

Everything goes okay today.
    I know at the hospital I went to, you couldn't do things like use the bath for pain relief etc if your BMI was over a certain range etc. Other than that I had no issues with birth choices etc. I delivered my little girl vaginally, and was allowed to move around the room how I wanted etc. I was monitored however as I was induced.

My BMI was like 50 when I fell pregnant. I just really watched what I ate and managed to stay the same throughout my pregnancy, and am around 8kg down on my prepregnancy weight at 10 weeks post-partum. With what you can/can't eat - you will always be safer (and it will be better for the waist line) if you make it yourself. As I know when I was at work getting lunch was a nightmare -as was paranoid about pre-made salads etc - so would end up getting hot chips etc. Whereas if you make a salad yourself, it's fine.

Best of luck with your pregnancy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeganP For This Useful Post:

nicnak  (21-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I was never classed as high risk witrh my last 5 even when I weighed almost 180 kgs or a bmi 59.8.

This time I am in my 90's and I am class as high risk because of a combo of things, my age, my amount pg's (9) and my no of kids (5 this is my 6th), my sleeve, my thryiod etc.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Nicnak how did you go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your advice ladies!!! Muchly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    Nicnak how did you go?
    It went well. I've been classified as Low High risk. I have to have a blood glucose test down in a few weeks and then they will decide if they will change my classification. she was happy with my overall health so that's a good thing.

She said it was too early to hear bubs heart beat and she said that my uterus hadn't risen yet (she felt for it). I was disappointment at this but again I think it comes with being a bigger girl.

On a better note... I am 12weeks tomorrow!!! WooHoo!! I have my NT scan on Monday and we are soooo excited to see our little 'bee'. Can't wait to be a little more assured that everything is going the way it should be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck with your scan NicNak, I hope it all goes well and you get some nice clear pics of bub

Everything here has been travelling along ok, got past the 7 week mark and the morning sickness went with it. Felt good enough yesterday to actually get out and walk the kids to school!

I was a bit annoyed at my Dr though, he is a new GP and I told him that the hospital I go to is particular about their rules etc, seeing as I've been there 4 times for pregnancy and he's unfamiliar with the system, you'd think he'd listen! I told him he needed to specify that I was Type II and high risk on my referral because they won't check my past history (common sense I think). I get the confirmation letter from the hospital on Wednesday saying that I was booked in for 14weeks in the normal clinic I had to ring and get them to re-arrange everything, and they were annoyed at him too because I need to be 'booked in' ASAP in case anything goes wrong or I need to see the Drs. So anyway, it's all sorted, I go for my booking in appointment on Tuesday evening and my Diabetes clinic and first antenatal appointment on Thursday morning. I have a busy week ahead because I have my 8 week scan on Wednesday too! with any luck my dates will change back to something closer to what I was originally thinking. Hopefully at the end of this week this whole pregnancy will actually start to feel a bit more real!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum5 View Post
    Good Luck with your scan NicNak, I hope it all goes well and you get some nice clear pics of bub
    Thanks Mum5!!!

Today was AMAZING!!!! I was nervous as anything but as soon as I saw our little Bee on the screen any nervousness I had disappeared!!! What an unreal experience. Our little Bee was moving around and waved at us a few times. Bee also decided to do a 'Kung Fu Panda' move and bring both hands and feet up into a fighting pose. DH loved that. We also heard the heart beat which is 164bpm.

After the scan the doctor called us into her room to go through the results of the NT. Everything looks great!!! She was super happy!!! we left with some pretty cool pic's and can't wait for the next scan in 7-8weeks. (She said it's best for me to come back when i'm 19-20wks).

So, now i've gotta go have a Blood Glucose test in a few weeks and see if they will move me from Low High Risk to High Risk.... Fingers crossed they don't!!!!

Hope you are all going well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mum5 View Post
    I was a bit annoyed at my Dr though, he is a new GP and I told him that the hospital I go to is particular about their rules etc, seeing as I've been there 4 times for pregnancy and he's unfamiliar with the system, you'd think he'd listen! I told him he needed to specify that I was Type II and high risk on my referral because they won't check my past history (common sense I think). I get the confirmation letter from the hospital on Wednesday saying that I was booked in for 14weeks in the normal clinic I had to ring and get them to re-arrange everything, and they were annoyed at him too because I need to be 'booked in' ASAP in case anything goes wrong or I need to see the Drs. So anyway, it's all sorted, I go for my booking in appointment on Tuesday evening and my Diabetes clinic and first antenatal appointment on Thursday morning. I have a busy week ahead because I have my 8 week scan on Wednesday too! with any luck my dates will change back to something closer to what I was originally thinking. Hopefully at the end of this week this whole pregnancy will actually start to feel a bit more real!
    Far out Mum5 i'm glad it's all sorted but sounded like a little bit of a nightmare!! Good luck with everything tomorrow and Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,
    Thought i would join in

I am 24, 162cm, and my pre preg weight was 107.8kg...

I lost over 10kg in the first trimester, but have started putting it back on again, and am currently at 98.9.

I have had a couple of issues with the local hospital not wanting to take me because of BMI- which I am actually ok with, seeing as they have limited facilities anyways. so I am birthing an hour away at King Edward in Subiaco, Perth.

I am now almost 25 weeks pregnant.

I hope you are all well and having good pregnancies so far! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Roxielou87
    I'm also at KEMH, I think they've been really good so far so I hope you'll be happy there too.

I recommend the antenatal classes if this is your first too, they were fun and a great learning experience for DP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I might check back in, went for my booking appointment at the hospital on Tuesday, had another scan on wednesday which confirmed dates of 6/6/12 and went back again today to see the Diabetes team and the OB. Apparently I am just scraping into the OBESITY high risk group, my BMI is 36 and if I lost 2kg to get a BMI of 35 I'd be out of the group LOL All it means for me is an extra growth scan at the end, which I get for the diabetes anyway, and more of a careful eye on things after birth with bleeding.

Good news is that I can stay on my current medication for the next two weeks while I monitor my glucose levels and I will definately be induced at 38 weeks, which I'm happy about considering my existing back problems!

So now I just have to knuckle down and try to lose a bit more weight slowly but surely. Going to try some family walks every day and then try to get back to the gym too.

I hope everyone else is travelling along ok!