+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default all baby ?

Hi everyone I have just come from the O/B appointement where she told me that if I put on too much more I wont be able to have the baby in our local hospital ?? why is that ?
    I am 82 kg but it is mostly baby belly I dont pig out & still am working .... I know I am overweight but have been for all my pregnancies and I am nearly 44 and everything is looking great except from the weight side of things LOL .
    Whats got to be bigger than normal got to do with where you have the baby especially if everything is ok I dont understand .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey, when I first joined there wasn't any action in here and only just spotted these recent posts.

I'm very overweight, 125kg at my 10 wk dr appt (I don't usually weigh myself so that's as close as I can figure to starting weight). I'm now 24 weeks and still weighing at 123.5. I'm so proud of myself, but also thinking I'm not working all that hard at it so could be doing more.

I wouldn't say I've had any negativity from Drs re weight so far, haven't been told I'm high risk or anything but hospital appt on Wed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by leeby13 View Post
    Hi everyone I have just come from the O/B appointement where she told me that if I put on too much more I wont be able to have the baby in our local hospital ?? why is that ?
    I am 82 kg but it is mostly baby belly I dont pig out & still am working .... I know I am overweight but have been for all my pregnancies and I am nearly 44 and everything is looking great except from the weight side of things LOL .
    Whats got to be bigger than normal got to do with where you have the baby especially if everything is ok I dont understand .
    Some hospital have a BMI limit and other a weight limit. It due to many reasons, your risk go up for some complications when your bmi reachs a certain level, some hospital only have the lightweight equipment (as it has a weight limit eg 99 kgs (sometimes you can see it written on the back of wheelchairs).

I wouold ring your hospital and find out what there limits are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by finally expecting View Post
    Hey, when I first joined there wasn't any action in here and only just spotted these recent posts.

I'm very overweight, 125kg at my 10 wk dr appt (I don't usually weigh myself so that's as close as I can figure to starting weight). I'm now 24 weeks and still weighing at 123.5. I'm so proud of myself, but also thinking I'm not working all that hard at it so could be doing more.

I wouldn't say I've had any negativity from Drs re weight so far, haven't been told I'm high risk or anything but hospital appt on Wed.

Wow your doing well. I have already put on a few kgs and I am only 11 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    Some hospital have a BMI limit and other a weight limit. It due to many reasons, your risk go up for some complications when your bmi reachs a certain level, some hospital only have the lightweight equipment (as it has a weight limit eg 99 kgs (sometimes you can see it written on the back of wheelchairs).

I wouold ring your hospital and find out what there limits are.

My goodness, I hadn't even considered that the hospital or OB I have booked into might not accept patients over a certain weight - luckily after a few frantic phone calls this afternoon they have both assured me that weight will not be an issue - but finding out that you wouldn't be accepted much later in the pregnancy would be a nightmare! Thank you so much for posting this!!

I am 125kgs and have been trying to lose weight for quite some time... Getting pregnant has certainly put a new spin on the weight loss journey, but if anything it has pushed me to change my eating habits and start exercising daily and stick to it, it's not about me any more!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    My weightloss journey hit a bump in the road too. I was doing so well too. Oh well now that the ms and tiredness is wearing off I should be able to get a handle on it. I normally put on in the 1st and 3rd tri and lose in the 2nd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    My goodness, I hadn't even considered that the hospital or OB I have booked into might not accept patients over a certain weight - luckily after a few frantic phone calls this afternoon they have both assured me that weight will not be an issue - but finding out that you wouldn't be accepted much later in the pregnancy would be a nightmare! Thank you so much for posting this!!

I am 125kgs and have been trying to lose weight for quite some time... Getting pregnant has certainly put a new spin on the weight loss journey, but if anything it has pushed me to change my eating habits and start exercising daily and stick to it, it's not about me any more!!
    Firstly yay for finding other overweight mums. I'm 115 kilos and shockingly just found out number 4 is on the way. I had no problems with one and two via weight but a buttload of crap with number 3 (long story) and all of it was to do with which hospital would take me. I lose weight while I'm pregnant (no idea why) but I'm not a big eater and even less when pregnant as my children sit so high right until the end I can't eat much. I am definitely going to call the hospital they book me into to make sure I can go there!

toodles

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I might pop in here and say hi I am expecting #5 next June and am also an overweight mummy I have been trying to lose weight for a little while and had lost 3.5kg up to the point of finding out that I was pregnant. In the last two weeks I've lost another 2kg so I'm down to 109.4kg. I really need to shift some more weight before 20 weeks because I have back problems and the more weight I can lose the better it will be for me an bub in the long run. I also have Type II diabetes, so will need to go on insulin fairly soon, so if I can continue to lose weight then it'll help on that side of things too!

My last two pregnancies I did really well, I lost 2kg up to 20weeks (just trying to maintain) and then gained 8kg for the last half of the pregnancy, both times I lost the 8kg within a week after birth, so it was literally all baby weight. This time I really need to focus on eating a lot more healthily and being more strict with my food choices, eating a Type II diet makes that really easy though! I'm 173cm tall so do carry the weight a little easier, but it's still not good for me or baby. I'm expecting a big lecture from the hospital dr's when I get there but we'll see, if they can see I'm being pro-active about it then they can't complain too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    mum5 sounds like you got a good plan going there. I need to lose in the next 10 weeks too. I already put on all that I want to do for the whole pregnancy. I normally gain in the first tri, lose in the 2nd and gain again in the last. I don't want to go back over the 100kgs mark as it was too dam hard to get under it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - I too am overweight currently 119kg and 7 weeks pregnant, I am hoping this will kick my butt into gear and I'll lose some weight - just eating healthy and lots of walking and swimming!