+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miggins View Post
    Hi ladies - can I join?
    I'm really worried about lots of things due to my weight and this pregnancy - even silly things like "people won't be able to tell, because I just look fat", not feeling kicks, not being able to walk (already have foot problems), being forced to have a c-section because of weight, looking ugly instead of beautifully pregnant, being treated like crap by Dr's/professionals, and of course my weight causing early miscarriage!
    Welcome and congratulations!

Please don't worry too much about how your weight is going to effect your pregnancy. You may find that you tire easier or that your blood pressure and weight need to be monitored a little closer than others or your choice of birth centre may be limited but other than that, overweight pregnant women are having beautiful, healthy babies all of the time!

When I am pregnant, despite being obese, you can tell I'm pregnant! I don't have the "basketball stuffed up my shirt" look, but it would take someone pretty stupid to not realise that the lump out the front was all baby!

It makes no different what size you are as to whether you feel kicks. Initially, what you feel are your baby's movements causing your uterus to bump against various internal organs/structures/nerve endings which have absolutely no difference in obese people to thin people. External movements are more restricted by whether you have an anterior placenta or not. I could see my baby moving around in my belly and DH (and the kids) could feel the baby from around 24 weeks. This time, I have an anterior placenta and am only feeling kicks very low so it is possible that movement may not be so easily seen or felt by my family.

Weight has absolutely no bearing on how you birth. I have had caesars due to medical issues completely unrelated to my weight. I know many ladies who have been bigger than me at the time of birth and have gone on to have vaginal births with no complications whatsoever. A caesar should only ever be offered as a last resort and most hospitals have this policy.

I have never been treated "crappy" becasue of my weight. This is my 6th pregnancy and yet again, I am at a different hospital with a different team and have had nothing but fantastic care. Sure, I have been told to try not to put on too much weight, but I am a type 1 diabetic so it is a health issue more than anything. I have never gone private or had a private ob etc and have found that I have been very well looked after every time.

I'm 41 and 22 weeks pregnant with my 7th baby. I have 2 living children and 4 who have passed away at various stages (3 in the second trimester, one at 9 days old). I had my first child at 31yo and found that my easiest pregnancy by far was when I was 38yo! This time, I'm a little more tired but other than that, all is well.

I wish you all the best. You are carrying a much loved and much wanted child - congratulations again!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ky For This Useful Post:

miggins  (27-09-2011)

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ky - Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity of your response so nice to feel welcome and the reassurance Congratulations to you as well on your pregnancy - I hope it all continues on well to a happy healthy bub for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, like many others I am new to this. Reading your posts makes you realise that just because you have had bad times and news, you are not alone and definitely not the first to experience heart break. I am 5 weeks pregnant with second pregnancy. Very excited yet again.
    Me - 37 Him - 43

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations handsomes missus!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Joining this thread I'm due with #2 next may starting weight 104kgs already down to 101kgs hoping this bub helps me lose a few more kgs so that I can get into the King Eddies NBAC clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Belov3d we are not that far apart I sitting at 96 . I was 96 pre pregnancy but dropped down to 90 in the first few weeks but I am back to 96. I am terrified of putting on all the weight I worked so hard to lose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been a while since i was in the "overweight and pregnant" thread, almost 2 years. But here I am pregnant with #2 due in April and after not losing any weight after DD was born and in fact falling pregnant at 8kg more than I was when I fell pregnant with her, i weighed myself this morning and have put on 5kgs so far - i'm 13 weeks . So after speaking to DH i'm getting on a health kick - For the past 9 weeks all i've felt like eating is bread and cheeseburgers, vegies have been making me physically sick but with the warmer weather in Qld I'm hoping to substitute vegies with salad and minimise my carbs. I'm also hoping to start walking (I hate exercise) but since i'm awake early with DD i might as well take advantage of it and pull the pram out and go for a walk a few times a week, it's gotta be better than nothing. I'd be happy if i just minimise my weight gain, i'm not expecting to lose anything, but to just not blow out would be a bonus. Also i've got great incentive, my best friend is getting married about 5 months after this bub is born so if i start it now then hopefully i'll be in the right mindset to lose weight before her wedding. I'm currently 106 kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Lousia - That my threory too. Try to minimise the gain rather than lose. DD is pushing the term 4 diet. She brought the most expensive ($1400) grad dress http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater but it is very tight so she wants to lose a kilo or two before grad. She can't lose more than that or there will nothing left of her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. If anyone is in Brisbane I'm looking for an obstetrician who is "overweight friendly" who delivers at North West Private Hospital - any recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by miggins View Post
    Hi ladies. If anyone is in Brisbane I'm looking for an obstetrician who is "overweight friendly" who delivers at North West Private Hospital - any recommendations?
    Sorry I don't of anyone.